Original Sin Myth Dismissed?...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Original Sin Myth Dismissed?...
(09-01-2015 03:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 12:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What is atheistic evolution? I don't think the theory of Evolution has a definition of atheistic evolution.
Which parts of the scientific theory of evolution are the Catholic church telling their sheep to reject?

They look like they're defining "atheistic evolution" as evolution that would not require god. They seem to be fine with evolution so long as their souls are granted by god. No problem. I'm OK with their imaginary bits not being evolved.

That reminded me of a conversation I had with my former fundamentalist friend when I was a Christian about Star Trek transporters. I was wondering how it was possible to disassemble all of your atoms, transport them as energy, reassemble them at the destination and you could still live. My friend said the soul probably goes with the body.
Ahhh, stupid times, stupid times....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: Original Sin Myth Dismissed?...
They don't often show the scene where the subject for transport are rigged up with machinery to restart their hearts on arrival.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post