Original Sin was not Sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Original Sin was not Sex
Because so many athiests are sexually repressed and hence sought freedom via rejected the repressive church sexual dogmas and restrictions, allow me to start a new thread topic, which shows that Adam and Eves original sin was NOT sex.

The first commandment to them was to have sex, and reproduce, which they happily did. But unfortunately many believe errantly that sex was the original sin in the gardenm of Eden.

The foolish church people still believe it, but thinking athiests should have rejected that long ago... IMO

So Here we go ...

The Original Sin was NOT SEX

(Genesis 2 & 3)

The original Sin of Adam and Eve was not sex. Sex had nothing to do with the fall of mankind. So even though the great majority of
churches teach that sex and sexuality is the great evil, the truth is the Lordâ€s first commandment to Adam and Eve, was for them
to ‘have sexâ€. But if you donâ€t believe it, then letâ€s go over the scriptures and you may be very surprised. And then
from there, it might make you take a closer look at all the other sexual misconceptions that church doctrines have ingrained in you.

Reading Genesis 1: 26, 27, it says … So God created man in his own image, in the image of God, created He him, male and female
created He them. And God blessed them and God said unto them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the Earth.â€

So there it is in scriptures, the Lord told Adam and Eve to have sex, right after He created them. And there is no reason to believe,
that these two, natural and normal and healthy individuals did not obey the Lord and do what the Lord created them to do. For thereâ
s no other way for them to reproduce unless they ‘made love†together. Therefore, reading directly from scriptures, â
€˜having sex†was the not the first sin but the FIRST COMMANDMENT. For the Lord designed them to fit together and be
together, so neither would be ‘ALONEâ€. And so that together ‘they shall be ONE FLESH.†(Genesis 2: 18, 24).

Reading further, in Genesis 2:25, the Word of God states .. ‘And they were both naked, the man and the wife and were not
ashamed.†In other words, they were not embarrassed in seeing their nakedness. There was and is nothing evil about being naked.
But then came trouble into paradise, as the serpent started telling Adam and Eve that the Lord was a liar and hadnâ€t told them
the truth.

Genesis 3: 1-4 states ‘And he (the serpent) said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the
garden. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is
in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest ye die.†And the serpent said unto
the woman, Ye shall NOT surely die.â€

There it is, the devil as a serpent blatantly tells Eve, that God told her a lie. He tells her, that the tree in the midst of the garden will
bring them life and not death, just the opposite of what the Lord told her. He was saying that God lied to them and then he goes and
blames God by saying …. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then shall your eyes be opened and ye shall be as gods,
knowing good and evil. (Genesis 3:5) But wait a minute, Eveâ€s eyes were already open. Eve already knew good, and so all the
devil could offer her was the knowledge of evil.

(excerpt)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Original Sin was not Sex
No, it wasn't sex. But the sin was passed down in the semen, making the act of sex a transmitter for original sin. You could argue that lust was part of the punishment for original sin (women, your desire shall be towards your husband), but the idea that sex was the sin is not one I've heard much. I've more heard it being about man's original choice to elevate himself and to try and become like God by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It could be said that the original sin concept is more of a hubris thing, false pride and whatnot. The ancients were BIG on the idea of punishing hubris.
22-08-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 06:41 PM by Full Circle.)
Quoting the Bible to non-beleivers is a bit like using the Lord of the Rings books to convince us that Middle Earth is real...just sayin’. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-08-2015, 05:23 PM
(22-08-2015 05:14 PM)natachan Wrote:  No, it wasn't sex. But the sin was passed down in the semen, making the act of sex a transmitter for original sin. You could argue that lust was part of the punishment for original sin (women, your desire shall be towards your husband), but the idea that sex was the sin is not one I've heard much. I've more heard it being about man's original choice to elevate himself and to try and become like God by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It could be said that the original sin concept is more of a hubris thing, false pride and whatnot. The ancients were BIG on the idea of punishing hubris.

No, their nature stayed the same, and the lust, was not the sin. Lust more accurately means the desire to control and possess, rather than make mutual lovemaking together. Mutual attraction via our beautiful design, YES that has been passed down through the ages, so we desire the other gender.

The original sin was believeing the devil lies, the main one being that the devil said GOD WAS A LIAR.

Did Adam and Eve get knowledge and wisdom from eating the tree of good and evil, Yes they learned they could have eaten of all the good trees in the garden, but should have NOT eaten the one that supposedly educated them into evil.

They had discernment and could have refused believeing the lie, but then again they had to get FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE to truly understand, and so it goes. We all are sinners like them, none of us different. All having experienced the separation, and yet the way back was always there....

Great true story and great moral.... and greater COMEBACK and FINNISH and CLIMAX... got to end with some sex....
22-08-2015, 05:24 PM
How does this apply to a group of people who don't believe in sin, original sin, or Adam and Eve? It's like burble fleep bloop pop, meemo fleep bloop burble, DAMMIT, why don't you people get behind my bloop pop?
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
22-08-2015, 05:26 PM
(22-08-2015 05:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Quoting the Bible to to non-beleivers is a bit like using the Lord of the Rings books to convince us that Middle Earth is real...just sayin’. Drinking Beverage

Matters not, most athiests reject the Lord because they reject damnable vile churchianity. So Yes, its worth a try, to let some know, the original sin was not SEX.

The original commandment was... HAVE SEX

This they did for 130 years before they ever produced any offspring. Hows that for recreational sex....... just one more time darling, maybe another and another.

NO aspirins back then, lets try again....

Genesis is really a sex book, chapter after chapter....
22-08-2015, 05:26 PM
(22-08-2015 04:59 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Because so many athiests are sexually repressed and hence sought freedom via rejected the repressive church sexual dogmas and restrictions, allow me to start a new thread topic, which shows that Adam and Eves original sin was NOT sex.

What makes you think we care?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
22-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Um, not sure I've ever encountered an atheist or a christian who claimed that sex was the original sin. So that's weird, but par for the course with this one.

The original sin was the desire of knowledge. It's pretty cut and dried, in any interpretation of the bible. It's also pretty obvious that instructing people to stay ignorant upon fear of ultimate punishment from the most powerful being imaginable is the quickest way to get people to sit down, shut up, and just accept what those in power tell you. That's religion, and it always has been.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Usually, the original sin is described as pride, not lust. It's what both the Catholic, Orthodox and Anglican Church teach and the three of them count for the overwhelming majority of Christianity. It was pride that led Eve to disobey God's command and seek knowledge she wasn't supposed to have. That's why religious fundamentalists dislike atheists so much. Atheists seek knowledge and think they deserve it. Lust is still described has a sin for it can lead men and women away from God and into one another (literally and metaphorically). Nice sword thrust in the water. Maybe you should post this on a Christian site. Our interest in biblical/church doctrine is rather limited outside of the realm of debate with theist who want to impose them.

PS: I may not be one to talk too much about that, but you could seriously use some spellchecking before posting your stuff. It makes you look stupid.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
22-08-2015, 05:34 PM
(22-08-2015 05:24 PM)julep Wrote:  How does this apply to a group of people who don't believe in sin, original sin, or Adam and Eve? It's like burble fleep bloop pop, meemo fleep bloop burble, DAMMIT, why don't you people get behind my bloop pop?

Only the truly naive dont believe in sin, everyone has been wronged by selfishness, hatred, favourtism, unfairness, harsh words, threats, maybe physical beatings etc etc etc..... everyone in the human condition has experienced wrongs... so dont go by semantics, go by the meaning being projected.

Sin is unfortunately a negative word because the damnable church system has used it wrongly when they are absolute hypocrites, so slow down and look for meaning rather than spelling errors or semantics.

WE all should know that we peronally are not perfect, and through observation and experience should know others also are not perfect.

Perfectionists are liars, no one is perfect..... thats one of Jesus obvious TRUTHS