Original Sin was not Sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: Original Sin was not Sex
(22-08-2015 04:59 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Because so many athiests are sexually repressed and hence sought freedom via rejected the repressive church sexual dogmas and restrictions,

Sexually repressed? You don't know how many people are open about there sexuality. There is a thread about it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 05:40 PM
(22-08-2015 05:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Only the truly naive dont believe in sin, everyone has been wronged by selfishness, hatred, favourtism, unfairness, harsh words, threats, maybe physical beatings etc etc etc..... everyone in the human condition has experienced wrongs... so dont go by semantics, go by the meaning being projected.

Which, in the case of "sin", involves some sort of undefined, vaguely metaphysical force which attaches to and somehow blights the soul - which is another undefined, vaguely metaphysical force that we don't believe in or care about.

No one here gives a damn about what you think of original sin. Sin does not exist, and even if it did, you would not be the theologian whose opinion we sought on the matter.

This entire thread is hilariously pointless.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-08-2015, 05:43 PM
(22-08-2015 04:59 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Because so many athiests are sexually repressed and hence sought freedom via rejected the repressive church sexual dogmas and restrictions, allow me to start a new thread topic, which shows that Adam and Eves original sin was NOT sex.

Anecdotal data implies that it isn't the atheists that are sexually repressed. Read some of Darrell Ray's books for his studies on the matter. I'm assuming you have actual studies you can refer us to to support your claim? No, I didn't think so.

By the way, nice try at sneaking in the "you're just mad at god" crap at the same time. Your understanding of atheists appears to be even less than your understanding of evolution. You have my vote for Dunning-Kruger of the year.

Oh, and who claimed that the supposed original sin was sex? You've started off with a couple of unsubstantiated gross generalizations and a strawman argument. It's a troll hat trick.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-08-2015, 05:45 PM
(22-08-2015 05:30 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Um, not sure I've ever encountered an atheist or a christian who claimed that sex was the original sin. So that's weird, but par for the course with this one.

The original sin was the desire of knowledge. It's pretty cut and dried, in any interpretation of the bible. It's also pretty obvious that instructing people to stay ignorant upon fear of ultimate punishment from the most powerful being imaginable is the quickest way to get people to sit down, shut up, and just accept what those in power tell you. That's religion, and it always has been.

NO, the Lord wants his people to ask questions and search for answers and get answers

SEEK and ye shall find
Knock and the door shall be opned etc etc..

True Scientists have been Christian because they demand to know what is really happening, and they succeed when they do.....

The glory of God is to conceal a matter, but the honor of kings is to search it out.

The vile church system ties to stop people from asking questions but the Lord never did. Governments of the world lie to their people but the Lord never lies.

Knowledge is always good, always as in ALWAYS.

He created it and wants you to experience truth rather than lies.... your choice whether or not you delve into His Mysteries and SOLUTIONS.
22-08-2015, 05:47 PM
(22-08-2015 05:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 04:59 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Because so many athiests are sexually repressed and hence sought freedom via rejected the repressive church sexual dogmas and restrictions,

Sexually repressed? You don't know how many people are open about there sexuality. There is a thread about it.

Great Fantastic, then there is an audience of experienced open minded folks that can be honest and open about sexuallity and its freedoms and benefits.

They should be pleased that early Christians and real Christians today feel the same way as they do.... Liberation and freedom and fulfillment.. Love always wins.
22-08-2015, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 06:00 PM by julep.)
(22-08-2015 05:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 05:24 PM)julep Wrote:  How does this apply to a group of people who don't believe in sin, original sin, or Adam and Eve? It's like burble fleep bloop pop, meemo fleep bloop burble, DAMMIT, why don't you people get behind my bloop pop?

Only the truly naive dont believe in sin, everyone has been wronged by selfishness, hatred, favourtism, unfairness, harsh words, threats, maybe physical beatings etc etc etc..... everyone in the human condition has experienced wrongs... so dont go by semantics, go by the meaning being projected.

Sin is unfortunately a negative word because the damnable church system has used it wrongly when they are absolute hypocrites, so slow down and look for meaning rather than spelling errors or semantics.

WE all should know that we peronally are not perfect, and through observation and experience should know others also are not perfect.

Perfectionists are liars, no one is perfect..... thats one of Jesus obvious TRUTHS

In what denomination or interpretation of Christianity is sex the original sin? I was raised Christian and have read a lot of Christian theology (I would bet more than you) and have never seen a reference to sex being the original sin. Not only are you arguing against a straw man, you are arguing against a straw man on a site where this particular straw man is not only fallacious, but imaginary.

It's certainly true that many religions try to discourage female sexuality by calling female sex outside of one male's control sinful. I can agree that "sin" is a nonsense term, and so are the aggregate of synonyms that you cited. However, I already don't think of sex as sinful, or degrading.

I suspect that what you want me to take from your message is, open my legs whenever you want me to. As opposed to when I want to, independent of what you want from me. So if your message is the first, about sin: I already know this, and not on the basis of your woo. If your message is the second, about my legs: nope.
22-08-2015, 05:49 PM
(22-08-2015 05:43 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 04:59 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Because so many athiests are sexually repressed and hence sought freedom via rejected the repressive church sexual dogmas and restrictions, allow me to start a new thread topic, which shows that Adam and Eves original sin was NOT sex.

Anecdotal data implies that it isn't the atheists that are sexually repressed. Read some of Darrell Ray's books for his studies on the matter. I'm assuming you have actual studies you can refer us to to support your claim? No, I didn't think so.

By the way, nice try at sneaking in the "you're just mad at god" crap at the same time. Your understanding of atheists appears to be even less than your understanding of evolution. You have my vote for Dunning-Kruger of the year.

Oh, and who claimed that the supposed original sin was sex? You've started off with a couple of unsubstantiated gross generalizations and a strawman argument. It's a troll hat trick.

Churchies have been brainwashed into believeing that sex was the original sin, and even going so far as to blame EVE rather than BOTH of them for this sin.

Ill get you the verse or verses for that coming up...

Good point.

Thinkers or literary comprehension from reading Genesis in no way says that sex was the original sin. Think church people think...but they dont in most case....
22-08-2015, 05:50 PM
(22-08-2015 05:45 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  your choice whether or not you delve into His Mysteries and SOLUTIONS.

I would guess that mystery number one involves whatever rules govern your choices for capitalization.

Really. Have you ever seen written English before? Have you ever opened a book? Do you honestly think that the gibberish you spout looks like anything other than the amateur scribblings of a kindergarten flunk? If you come to a community intending to impress them with your intellectual superiority, you might be well-served by making use of a basic grammar textbook.

...No, I'm not sorry for derailing the thread. It was pointless anyway.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Lol, I ran an adult shop for six years. Oddly enough, the folks protesting were Christians. Now, who's repressed?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Heres the verse, the misquided and harsh and partial church system uses to villify Eve

1 Timothy 2 …13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

This is obviously wrong and bias, and yet when believed justifies partial and unjust degragation of women as being below the level of men.. Horrible horrible.... but thats what they do, as the men in most not all church systems deem women below them mentally physically etc.... and have other verses from Paul to again supposedly confirm this bias