Original Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Original Sin
The concept of Original Sin, if argued for...show that the creator is completely incompetent.
Now that i am no longer in the faith, everything begins and ENDS with Original Sin.
Supposedly god worked his ASS off on the intricate design of the eye...but he let sin slip in and damage his precious and tedious inventions? Please! What a joke!
Anyone buying into original sin shows a character flaw...an 'im not worthy' POV about ones self. Truly sad. The life we have here is hard enough but to throw someone elses fuck up on our sholders (and own it) is just bat shit crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
(03-01-2013 07:00 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 06:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Theology is the the anus of the body of philosophy. It is laughable.
I love it! It's deadly, but it needs just a little cleaning up though to be truly terse.

Theology is the anus of philosophy.

I may just have to use that one from time to time.
Theology is the anus of philosophy.

THIS has got to be made into a TShirt and bumper stickers!!!!!! This is brilliant!!
04-01-2013, 05:15 PM
(04-01-2013 04:44 PM)Denicio Wrote:  The concept of Original Sin, if argued for...show that the creator is completely incompetent.
You know, maybe not. Maybe he wants us all to burn in hell for eternity. Almost all of us; not the faithful few who have the right portions of good luck and gullibility. The rest burn. Maybe that's what he wanted. Further, maybe he wanted us to blame ourselves. It would be easy, roasting in hell, to lament our bad fortune and wish we had only listened to those clever priests who tried to save us. All our fault for not listening. We were warned, after all. So, if it works according to plan, we burn, but god avoids the blame.

If that's his plan, then he's not necessarily incompetent so much as sadistic.

Although, I would argue that eternity is a long, long, long, looooooong time - just about all of us would figure out, at some point, that this was god's fault for making the truth so obscure and not our own fault for missing that obscure truth, so maybe we're right back to incompetent.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm with Aseptic, the mythical being appears to be somewhat smart, so he clearly could have avoided this, so my best bet would be he's sadistic.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
(04-01-2013 05:39 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm with Aseptic, the mythical being appears to be somewhat smart, so he clearly could have avoided this, so my best bet would be he's sadistic.

I'm going with "non-existent". Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
(04-01-2013 05:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 05:39 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm with Aseptic, the mythical being appears to be somewhat smart, so he clearly could have avoided this, so my best bet would be he's sadistic.

That too. xD

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
05-01-2013, 03:03 AM
(04-01-2013 05:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Terse and deadly, and hardly even effeminate. Of course, dropping the bogus presuppositions takes the fun out of the name calling...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
05-01-2013, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 10:11 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-01-2013 06:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Of course "Original Sin" never happened. It is theology, the study of nothing by the philosophically inept.

Theology is the the anus of the body of philosophy. It is laughable.
That is GREAT ! The "study of nothing, by the philosophically inept". That's a great line. I am going to calligraphy it, and put it on my door next summer, at summer school at Harvard. I am constantly amazed how much time and energy they spend on it, drawing lines, connecting immaginary "dots" to each other, usually with such sentimentality it makes ya want to barf. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2013, 09:20 AM
(05-01-2013 09:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 06:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Of course "Original Sin" never happened. It is theology, the study of nothing by the philosophically inept.

Theology is the the anus of the body of philosophy. It is laughable.
That is GREAT ! The "study of nothing, by the philosophically inept". That's a great line. I am going to calligraphy it, and put it on my door next summer, at summer school at Harvard. I am constantly amazed how much time and energy they spend on it, drawing lines, connecting immaginary "dots" to each other, usually with such sentimaentality it makes ya want to barf. Weeping
You mean this crap infects even Harvard ???
05-01-2013, 09:23 AM
(05-01-2013 09:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 09:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That is GREAT ! The "study of nothing, by the philosophically inept". That's a great line. I am going to calligraphy it, and put it on my door next summer, at summer school at Harvard. I am constantly amazed how much time and energy they spend on it, drawing lines, connecting immaginary "dots" to each other, usually with such sentimaentality it makes ya want to barf. Weeping
You mean this crap infects even Harvard ???

Oh, yeah.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user