Osama Bin Laden has been killed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: Osama Bin Laden has been killed.
Hersh's account makes more sense to me. I'm happy with the results either way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Yeah... unless I can think of a reason to care, I'll continue to not. Undecided

But the thread was mildly amusing to read! Smile
20-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Finally Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-10-2015, 03:53 PM
(17-10-2015 07:25 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I recently read that the entire story about Bin Laden's death was made up. He was killed, but not the way it is said. Seymour Hersh has written an expose of this here: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-h...-bin-laden

What seems to be the real story is far more believable. Bin Laden, according to news reports wasn't hiding out I some remote area. He was in a huge complex very close to a major military establishment, a bit like West Point. And, hey, no one noticed. Yeah, sure.

The Hersh story makes perfect sense. Bin Laden was being held in a prison by the Pakistani's. His confinement was being paid for by the Saudis. The Bin Laden are a big Saudi family who have a huge road construction business there, worth billions so they were keeping their boy safe. Someone ratted on the Pakistanis and the Americans then moved in and made the Pakistani's help get them in to kill him. The Seals who killed him were flown in, led to his room and they killed him, with no opposition at all. Then they waited to be evacuated.

Interesting story. I have a hunch it's true.

There is the response it basically shuts down Hersch.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense