Oscars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 07:41 PM
RE: Oscars?
(28-02-2016 07:10 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't think I've seen any movies nominated for best picture. Consider

Please see Spotlight.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just added it my Netflix dvd queue.

It's at the top of the list.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm just curious if DiCaprio will finally get an Oscar

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-02-2016, 07:59 PM
(28-02-2016 07:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm just curious if DiCaprio will finally get an Oscar

Personally, I think he deserves and Oscar, but probably not for this role in particular when compared to the others nominated this year.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-02-2016, 08:05 PM
(28-02-2016 07:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:10 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Please see Spotlight.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just added it my Netflix dvd queue.

It's at the top of the list.

It just won best original screenplay. My family is gonna shit!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
28-02-2016, 08:12 PM
(28-02-2016 07:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm just curious if DiCaprio will finally get an Oscar

Personally, I think he deserves and Oscar, but probably not for this role in particular when compared to the others nominated this year.

Idk, his performance in The Revenant is supposed to be really, really good. I'm holding out hope he does win.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-02-2016, 08:13 PM
The order is weird this year.

28-02-2016, 08:14 PM
(28-02-2016 08:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Personally, I think he deserves and Oscar, but probably not for this role in particular when compared to the others nominated this year.

Idk, his performance in The Revenant is supposed to be really, really good. I'm holding out hope he does win.

Hubby saw it, while he was glad he did, he said he kept expecting DiCaprio to yell "Wilson" during the film. Drinking Beverage

28-02-2016, 08:15 PM
(28-02-2016 08:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The order is weird this year.

Yeah, seems odd, but because it's once a year I can never remember what the order usually is anyway.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
28-02-2016, 08:31 PM
(28-02-2016 08:15 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The order is weird this year.

Yeah, seems odd, but because it's once a year I can never remember what the order usually is anyway.

They mentioned that this year they are presenting in the same order the movie making process usually goes.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
28-02-2016, 08:51 PM
(28-02-2016 08:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:15 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yeah, seems odd, but because it's once a year I can never remember what the order usually is anyway.

They mentioned that this year they are presenting in the same order the movie making process usually goes.

I missed that.

Damn that Mad Max movie is cleaning up!

I haven't seen that either.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post