Oscars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2016 12:43 AM by CleverUsername.)
RE: Oscars?
(28-02-2016 10:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Voting block made out of a bunch of geriatric wankers that gave Best Animation to some art house film nobody ever saw over The Lego Movie, one of the most brilliant children movies ever; they will seriously be teaching classes on that movie for years to come.

So...do you happen to have managed to have seen this film despite no one seeing it, or are you claiming to know which of two movies is better despite never seeing one?

I mean I get the annoyance, I was disappointed when The Peanuts Movie didn't get a nomination, but I still recognize that without seeing the other nominees I can't fairly complain.

Actually I don't even know what you're talking about. Lego Movie came out in 2014. 2014's award was won by Big Hero Six, which was most definitely not an art house film no one saw. Is there a separate animation category I'm unaware of? Are you talking about nominations and just decided both that this one was the one that took that movie's spot and that if it had been nominated it would have had the win locked up?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2016, 12:09 AM
(28-02-2016 06:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I was watching the adverts for them -- and they flashed a picture of the statue ---- and a thought occurred to me, so I said to my significant other ----

"OK -- it's Hollywood -- and somebody just got one of those Oscar statues ---- how many of them do you suppose were put to phallic purposes?"

Tell me you think it's never happened.....

I dare ya...

Big Grin

[Image: imported_42182634.jpg]

[Image: Oscarsjpg.jpeg]

[Image: 2EA0904500000578-3331111-image-a-5_1448318456542.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-02-2016, 06:36 AM
(28-02-2016 06:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:38 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Also, I REALLY want Spotlight to win best picture so I can post it on FB and piss off my Catholic family.

I'll pray for you to get your wish.

Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
29-02-2016, 06:54 AM
[Image: _cHN-A.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
29-02-2016, 09:24 AM
(28-02-2016 09:48 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I saw Mad Max, and you can barely catch your breath.

That's what I hated about it. It's constant crescendo from start to finish. There was no contrast, or hardly any, between one action and another. It was like a Jackson Pollack painting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I dont watch awards shows anymore. One can only take so much of rich artists patting each other on the back.
29-02-2016, 09:32 AM
(29-02-2016 09:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:48 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I saw Mad Max, and you can barely catch your breath.

That's what I hated about it. It's constant crescendo from start to finish. There was no contrast, or hardly any, between one action and another. It was like a Jackson Pollack painting.

Me, too. Great analogy.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2016, 09:33 AM
(29-02-2016 06:36 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I'll pray for you to get your wish.

Drinking Beverage

Fuck the Pope, unfogged has a direct link to god!!!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
29-02-2016, 09:43 AM
(29-02-2016 09:28 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I dont watch awards shows anymore. One can only take so much of rich artists patting each other on the back.

They get these gift bags with goodies in it. I read it's worth something like $200.000 dollars. Aww. Poor famous rich actors. It always amazes me that rich people get free stuff all the time, like they deserve it, but poor people don't get shit and if they get a few pittance of something free everybody complains about it.

These actors should ask those who donated stuff to the gift bag to donate money to the homeless instead.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/28/oscars-gift-bag-2016/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-02-2016, 09:46 AM
(29-02-2016 09:43 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 09:28 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I dont watch awards shows anymore. One can only take so much of rich artists patting each other on the back.

They get these gift bags with goodies in it. I read it's worth something like $200.000 dollars. Aww. Poor famous rich actors. It always amazes me that rich people get free stuff all the time, like they deserve it, but poor people don't get shit and if they get a few pittance of something free everybody complains about it.

These actors should ask those who donated stuff to the gift bag to donate money to the homeless instead.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/28/oscars-gift-bag-2016/

Yes those gift bags are -insane-