Oswald spenglers decline of the west.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Oswald spenglers decline of the west.
I don't know if this is philosophy or politics.

Anyone read this book? I have heard about it and a I am starting to read it now. Basically the author says that every civilization has a similar rise and fall and the
Similarities he points out in the book.

He doesn't judge these phases as one better than the other but he points out that civilizations start out superstitious and very religious, then they move into the Socratic, skepticism stage. This stage is where mos of the art comes out of society. Then after skepticism society breaks up and starts decline in all fields.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
27-04-2013, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2013 05:42 PM by kim.)
RE: Oswald spenglers decline of the west.
Hmm... a bit more on the philosophy side. His shit never really related to practical politics.

I pretty much go along with his ideas of what might be seen as societal entropy. I've been trying to tell a friend about this particular notion and he is ok with it until he realizes ... Oh, but NOT the US!!

I have to just fucking laugh.
Nothing lasts forever. The center can not hold - things fall apart. People just don't want to let change happen.

That's why we have to only have 80 to 100 years - we'd be awfully cranky otherwise. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply