Other Types of Kool-Aid You Don't Drink?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Other Types of Kool-Aid You Don't Drink?
(04-12-2014 03:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 02:56 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^Sorry but I don't get the joke.

We soon have to do a TTA guide to stereotypes.

The first thing that popped into my head was Dave Chappelle. "What the fuck is juice? I want grape drink, baby. Mm, it's purple."

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
04-12-2014, 06:30 PM
(04-12-2014 06:20 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 03:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  We soon have to do a TTA guide to stereotypes.

The first thing that popped into my head was Dave Chappelle. "What the fuck is juice? I want grape drink, baby. Mm, it's purple."

Dammit, me too. You beat me to it. Laughat

Sugar. Water. Purple.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
04-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Well the current kool aid in the neighborhood that I'm not buying is "the coyotes are hunting the children in packs with uzi's". No wait, it's the neighbors that want to hunt them with tanks. Apparently very few of us get it that all you have to do is scream at them, throw some rocks and they leave.

But sports...I get what you are saying, and it pretty much is just entertainment when I'm not doing anything else, but I love my Steelers and Penguins.

Not attending the neighborhood essential oil parties to cure the sniffles and ward off bad moods.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
04-12-2014, 09:23 PM
California and the contents thereof.

Excepting the nature stuff, mostly.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-12-2014, 09:26 PM
(04-12-2014 06:47 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Well the current kool aid in the neighborhood that I'm not buying is "the coyotes are hunting the children in packs with uzi's". No wait, it's the neighbors that want to hunt them with tanks. Apparently very few of us get it that all you have to do is scream at them, throw some rocks and they leave.

But sports...I get what you are saying, and it pretty much is just entertainment when I'm not doing anything else, but I love my Steelers and Penguins.

Not attending the neighborhood essential oil parties to cure the sniffles and ward off bad moods.

I knew there was something about you that I liked. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-12-2014, 11:03 PM
(04-12-2014 06:20 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 03:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  We soon have to do a TTA guide to stereotypes.

The best part.. is he is completely accurate about the Sunny D commercials. The black kid is eyeing the purple drink but amazed to try this mysterious Sunny D the kids "cool" mom had.

I've had Deep-Fried Kool-aid... I don't recommend it. So I'm not eating any of that kool-aid

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-12-2014, 12:34 AM
The sports culture is interesting. Provides the same social benefits that religion does. We like to join tribes, bond and compete with other tribes. The fanatical hatred inspired by college football is especially hard for me to grasp.

I am a fan of baseball. Love the beautiful grass and dirt fields, the lines and symmetry, drama of pitcher against hitter, strategy, difficulty of play, lazy pace that allows for socializing, daily games, tremendous history.

Alas the youngsters seem to crave the fast paced video game action of football, says grumpy old man. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post
06-12-2014, 12:37 AM
(04-12-2014 01:47 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Every time you drink Kool-aid a big fucking jug comes crashing through your wall.
An intresting metaphor don't ya think?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-12-2014, 02:10 AM
I try to stay away from grape.
It's not that I don't like the taste, it's just that it makes my poo green.
06-12-2014, 03:23 AM
Diet. Summa dat shit is legit, but there's too much woo... Eat your veggies and exercise. Don't frikken chow down on too much junk food. The dog diet right there. Proven to work by a sample of one.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.