Other forum runners

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Other forum runners
A few weeks ago I thought I would see if there were other forums on the interwebs that seemed interesting enough to join.

I found atheistforums.org and thought, well why not.

I will say this, I do enjoy it as it has a completely different vibe. There are many theists there that make for interesting discussions / debates however it gets frustrating as well because people just keep rationalizing the same shit over and over again. It also seems to be a lot busier there as well.

It kind of makes me appreciate TTA forum. You guys were my first cherry poppin' daddies and I feel that this community is more like a tightly knit family...(even Q and his hilarious circus sideshows) The other one feels like a giant mall. I'll give it more time though...

Does anyone else frequent any other places? (not that I have time for more discussions) but I'm curious.... Smile

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
01-07-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Other forum runners
I go to other "non-atheist" sites for yoga, hiking and backpacking, and Red Sox.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-07-2015, 12:58 PM
(01-07-2015 12:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I go to other "non-atheist" sites for yoga, hiking and backpacking, and Red Sox.

They must be huge!
01-07-2015, 01:02 PM
(01-07-2015 12:30 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Does anyone else frequent any other places? (not that I have time for more discussions) but I'm curious.... Smile

Yes. Sites/forums about books mainly history and fantasy, forums about D&D and WH 40K, history forums sometimes and fanfiction archives.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-07-2015, 01:05 PM
AF - Atheist Forum

Lots of crossover between us and them.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-07-2015, 01:14 PM
I joined AF before, never much cared for its platform, so I left. I like it here.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
01-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm a member of Christian Forums.

It's a community where I'm in the minority. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Only other forum I bother with is the 'grandoldteam.com' forums. It's a fansite for my home football (soccer) team Everton. I highly doubt it's of any interest to you lot Tongue

That said, I rarely bother with the sport chat and stick with the general chat on there as the level of humour on there is very high. Not to mention the occassional childish forum invasion Tongue
A baptist forum and the Flat Earth forums have been trolled hard so far. Laugh out load

Conspiracy theorists and religious nutbags don't last very long there. A remarkably sane bunch for football fans Laugh out load

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
01-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Many years ago I joined a Secular web forum. This was before the Iraq invasion. Someone posted that if Iran was invaded they had X amount of helicopters and would fight anyone off. I pointed out that the Russian army airforce lost approximately 3000 aircraft over the first few days of Operation Barbarossa, and helicopters would be no match for A-10's and F15 and F16's.

I was immediately banned!

This is the only forum I frequent.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-07-2015, 05:45 PM
(01-07-2015 01:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  AF - Atheist Forum

Lots of crossover between us and them.

I haven't been there in a while. I need to make a visit and say hello. I like it here and probably just haven't put in the time over there to make it feel like a forum home.

I do like how we (the two forums) get along and work together.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post