Other kids parents, grrrr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Other kids parents, grrrr
I am a band parent, as most of you know. Last night I had a run in at the football game with a football parent.

Apparently a couple of the band kids said something bad about the football team. To be honest they had a bad season finishing 6-4 and had some really bad beat downs. This game started off really bad and it was cold so the band kids were grumpy. Not to mentioned it took us over two hours to make a trip that should have taken just over an hour.

The man decided what the kids said was justification for him to run his mouth about the band all game. Eventually I had enough and told him something and he shut up. I can not believe that an adult could behave so badly towards a group of kids, especially kids from the same school. He really was being an ass.

I gave the band director a heads up. I suspect he will hear about it come Monday. Adults that feel OK to pick on kids are some to the first to run and cry when they are confronted.

I am still a bit agitated and somewhat upset with myself that I let this jerk get to me.

Oh well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2014, 04:25 PM
RE: Other kids parents, grrrr
the kids are happy that you got him to shut up.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-11-2014, 04:40 PM
I have been through the band thing, the football thing, and the cheerleader thing.

You would think that all would support one another but that doesn't seem to be the way. The football team, coaches, parents tend to look at the band as the geeks and not as 'cool' as being an athlete. It's common middle/high school bullshit.

This too shall pass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-11-2014, 05:08 PM
The parent you're talking about was probably a dick when he was in high school too.
15-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I was a band kid so I am well aware of the dynamic between athletes and band kids. I just expected better from an adult.
15-11-2014, 06:49 PM
(15-11-2014 05:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  The parent you're talking about was probably a dick when he was in high school too.
My impression was he is/was a bully. He had no problem harassing the kids but when I stepped in he backed off real quick.
15-11-2014, 06:56 PM
All I know about band is that... the band is like an apple tree, and you don't want to have a snake come in and knock off one of the apples.

Dude's a typical football parent so it's gonna be that scenario. At least it wasn't a kicker that made some grumpy comment, then he would of been really at it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-11-2014, 07:00 PM
(15-11-2014 06:46 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I was a band kid so I am well aware of the dynamic between athletes and band kids. I just expected better from an adult.

Obviously you are assuming that people not only get older but that they actually mature.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-11-2014, 09:22 PM
(15-11-2014 07:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 06:46 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I was a band kid so I am well aware of the dynamic between athletes and band kids. I just expected better from an adult.

Obviously you are assuming that people not only get older but that they actually mature.
Obviously