Other life in the Solar System?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: Other life in the Solar System?
Hey, Proboscis.

I'd love for it to be true, but we do need to wait on the proof; of which we have precisely none so far.

I was thinking about the life question the other day.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Every single Sun in the universe is basically a giant ball of burning hydrogen right? And there's maybe a billion galaxies with a billion stars each. If that's the case, then we have to assume that the process for creating stars is simply a natural process that is quite mundane. It happens all the time. A little gravity, a little hydrogen, light a match, POOF! You got yourself a sun.

I can only imagine that the same is true of life. I don't buy this idea that life is some precious miracle that only happened on one planet out of gazillions. It seems to me that this notion is an artifact from religious worldviews. The creation of life is really nothing more than the coming together of atoms to form chemical compounds. We don't know exactly how it works, but our lack of understanding doesn't make it exotic. I can only imagine that it's a mundane process that occurs wherever it can. That seems to be the way the universe works generally.

Anyhoo, silicone life would be cool. But I'd really like to meet Martian Manhunter Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other life in the Solar System? - Chas - 03-03-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Other life in the Solar System? - Ghost - 04-03-2013 06:36 AM
RE: Other life in the Solar System? - Chas - 04-03-2013, 06:56 AM