Other relgions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Other relgions
So the bulk of the religious talks that are had on this forum deals with Christianity or some form. There is also some Buddhist and Islamic related post as well but the main topic is American denominations of christianity. So while taking a break from my normal "bible study" I decided to do a little digging on some lesser known religions.

For those that don't know I am black man from the south so religion is something that is beat into you(literally in some cases). One of the big points I always bring up is how black people can justify their belief in something that we were told to believe in or else suffer at the hand of a slave master and what were our ancestor's original religious belief(before enslavement)

Now my search of other religions was more geared towards that premise. One religion I did find was not of that era but emerged around the era of MLK. It's called the Five-Percent Nation A.K.A The Nation of Gods and Earths. My initial thought was that is was a branch off of Islamic beliefs with similar principles but after a little digging there was noticeable differences. Here's a little background on this group.

The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches that Asiatic black people (non-white) are the original people of the planet Earth, and therefore they are the fathers (Gods) and mothers (Earths) of civilization. The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe. The Nation does not believe in a mystery God but instead teaches that the Asiatic Blackman is God and his proper name is Allah, or "The One" in Arabic

And their basic teachings

Representatives of the Nation of Gods and Earths view themselves (black men of their Nation) as their own God (both individually and collectively as the Original Man).[9] Gods and Earths sometimes refer to themselves as scientists, implying their search for knowledge and proof.[14] In recent years the Nation has sought constitutional protection for their identity as a God-centered culture. According to the Five Percenter Newspaper, "God first means that it is no longer a judicial argument; centered means everything we do is about God. Culture is the practices and principles of a people at any given time.

So I've noticed something that's very popular among religions, a scapegoat. This one in particular hates white people in a sense.

Anyway I just wanted to share one of the lesser known religions and see if anyone had some insight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 04:24 PM
RE: Other relgions
(13-08-2014 04:11 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So the bulk of the religious talks that are had on this forum deals with Christianity or some form. There is also some Buddhist and Islamic related post as well but the main topic is American denominations of christianity. So while taking a break from my normal "bible study" I decided to do a little digging on some lesser known religions.

For those that don't know I am black man from the south so religion is something that is beat into you(literally in some cases). One of the big points I always bring up is how black people can justify their belief in something that we were told to believe in or else suffer at the hand of a slave master and what were our ancestor's original religious belief(before enslavement)

Now my search of other religions was more geared towards that premise. One religion I did find was not of that era but emerged around the era of MLK. It's called the Five-Percent Nation A.K.A The Nation of Gods and Earths. My initial thought was that is was a branch off of Islamic beliefs with similar principles but after a little digging there was noticeable differences. Here's a little background on this group.

The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches that Asiatic black people (non-white) are the original people of the planet Earth, and therefore they are the fathers (Gods) and mothers (Earths) of civilization. The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe. The Nation does not believe in a mystery God but instead teaches that the Asiatic Blackman is God and his proper name is Allah, or "The One" in Arabic

And their basic teachings

Representatives of the Nation of Gods and Earths view themselves (black men of their Nation) as their own God (both individually and collectively as the Original Man).[9] Gods and Earths sometimes refer to themselves as scientists, implying their search for knowledge and proof.[14] In recent years the Nation has sought constitutional protection for their identity as a God-centered culture. According to the Five Percenter Newspaper, "God first means that it is no longer a judicial argument; centered means everything we do is about God. Culture is the practices and principles of a people at any given time.

So I've noticed something that's very popular among religions, a scapegoat. This one in particular hates white people in a sense.

Anyway I just wanted to share one of the lesser known religions and see if anyone had some insight.

Interesting, hadn't heard of this one before!

About the scapegoat thing; I think it is just generally popular with humans.
13-08-2014, 04:30 PM
(13-08-2014 04:24 PM)Gaest Wrote:  Interesting, hadn't heard of this one before!

About the scapegoat thing; I think it is just generally popular with humans.

Ah good point
13-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Someone who has written extensively on the phenomenon of the scapegoat in society is René Girard. I've heard him speak on the radio, some years ago. If I understand Girard correctly, scapegoating is a means to temporarily quell violence in a community by redirecting it to a specific target.

Of course, that doesn't work so well for the scapegoat ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user