Others fearing you will go to hell.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: Others fearing you will go to hell.
(02-05-2015 08:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I suppose I am just looking for some arguments against this "I will miss you in heaven" thing.

The things said in the blog just made me wonder why some people think that heaven is so great if they will be there missing their 'fallen' loved ones.

The more I hear about people's beliefs, the more I can only shake my head. Undecided

So this person is more concerned about how they will feel in heaven than how you will feel in hell.

"I'll miss you. I'll feel so sad."

It doesn't bother you that you think I'll be tortured. You're upset because of the way YOU'LL feel. That has got to be the most selfish sentiment I've ever heard. Bravo. I've heard it said that atheists are the only ones that deserve entry into heaven. And now you've just help reinforce that idea.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
02-05-2015, 09:26 AM
(02-05-2015 08:54 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 08:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I suppose I am just looking for some arguments against this "I will miss you in heaven" thing.

The things said in the blog just made me wonder why some people think that heaven is so great if they will be there missing their 'fallen' loved ones.

The more I hear about people's beliefs, the more I can only shake my head. Undecided

So this person is more concerned about how they will feel in heaven than how you will feel in hell.

"I'll miss you. I'll feel so sad."

It doesn't bother you that you think I'll be tortured. You're upset because of the way YOU'LL feel. That has got to be the most selfish sentiment I've ever heard. Bravo. I've heard it said that atheists are the only ones that deserve entry into heaven. And now you've just help reinforce that idea.

Laugh out load

The very existence of the atheist always provides the theist with the single greatest flaw in in belief. The thing is, if the theist truly has faith, there are no questions, there are no regrets.

The idea that there may be quite lovable and beloved nonbelievers, really puts a mirror to their blessed face and a magnifying glass to their faith.

People love to scrutinize others ... self examination ... not so much. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-05-2015, 07:06 PM
My ex always got upset to the point of tears when she'd be harping on me about not going to church and her fear of my fate of Hell.

And I always remember thinking to myself, "Grow the fuck up." It's almost as if she was crying because she thought I wasn't going to get any presents cause I'd been a bad boy.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
02-05-2015, 07:32 PM
My thought was that if heaven is real and you are transported there, if it isn't all of you, it isn't really you.
So that leaves two possibilities:
1) It is your entire person (whether physically or spiritually) and you are aware the people you love aren't there which in that case, it is a miserable existence where you have to suck up to the thing that is burning your loved ones.
2) It is only the parts of you that can suck up to god so therefore you are a mindless robot and therefore it is a miserable existence where you have to suck up to the thing that is burning your loved ones.

No matter which way you look at it, heaven is hell. Thankfully it probably isn't real.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
02-05-2015, 07:42 PM
(02-05-2015 07:32 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  My thought was that if heaven is real and you are transported there, if it isn't all of you, it isn't really you.
1) It is your entire person (whether physically or spiritually) and you are aware the people you love aren't there which in that case, it is a miserable existence where you have to suck up to the thing that is burning your loved ones.
2) It is only the parts of you that can suck up to god so therefore you are a mindless robot and therefore it is a miserable existence where you have to suck up to the thing that is burning your loved ones.

No matter which way you look at it, heaven is hell. Thankfully it probably isn't real.

I always hated the whole concept of a murderer repenting/welcoming Jesus into his/her heart and being allowed into heaven by god with open arms. Meanwhile, a person who lives a life helping others, loving his/her family, working hard and leaving the world in a better place than he/she found it in, is roasting in hell simply for not worshiping god.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
02-05-2015, 10:09 PM
It needs to be impressed on the believers that

- "hell" was invented by priests to control them

- "heaven" was invented by priests to control them.

If believers stopped listening to priests these concepts would disappear.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
03-05-2015, 01:56 AM
(02-05-2015 07:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 07:32 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  My thought was that if heaven is real and you are transported there, if it isn't all of you, it isn't really you.

I always hated the whole concept of a murderer repenting/welcoming Jesus into his/her heart and being allowed into heaven by god with open arms. Meanwhile, a person who lives a life helping others, loving his/her family, working hard and leaving the world in a better place than he/she found it in, is roasting in hell simply for not worshiping god.

Obviously we're talking about fairy tales here but is repentance enough? And as for those who don't believe there is miniority of theologians talking about empty hell.

Another thing is pope Francis saying that atheists can go to heaven if they follow their conscience. So either church is becoming more progressive or it is simply PR.

Concepts of heaven and hell aren't modern invention so there should be no surprise that these can sound strange/troubling to modern people.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
04-05-2015, 07:26 AM
If Hell is devoid of evangelical Christians, that sounds like heaven to me.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
04-05-2015, 09:31 AM
(04-05-2015 07:26 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  If Hell is devoid of evangelical Christians, that sounds like heaven to me.

Mark Twain said that one should go to Hell for the company, so I think people down there would be quite nice Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-05-2015, 09:41 AM
I think deep down most of them don't TRULY believe in either Heaven or Hell and our un-flinching acknowledgement of disbelief makes them question themselves, which is why they get so uncomfortable. They transfer their own worry into worrying about us.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post