Ottawa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Ottawa
I hear there has been a shooting in Parliament and a couple more in the streets. I hope we don't have any affected members...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Ottawa
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/10/22...FR20141022

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah I heard about it. I'm not sure what think tho.
Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-10-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2014 03:27 PM by Chas.)
One that I know of. I'll message her.

Edit: She's rattled, but OK.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
22-10-2014, 04:17 PM
The soldier who was hit in Quebec was about 30 min from my house in St. Hubert and today I'm in Orleans, a suburb of Ottawa about 10 min from downtown. Not involved with either but damn that's a little too close for comfort.

Especially with all my guns in Vermont Tongue

'Murican Canadian
22-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I never understand this type or violence.

It's terrible and just seemingly stupid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Not surprised at all that this was (likely) an Islamist. Islam truly is the worst religion. Sigh.

This reminds me of an article I read earlier... Pew recently conducted a survey asking residents in 40 countries what they perceive to be the biggest threat to the world. Surprisingly, about a third of people in the middle east think religion and race issues are the worst... too bad they're not the majority.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-you-live/

Not sure that religion alone is the greatest threat, but when couple with nuclear weapons its certainly worrisome.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
22-10-2014, 09:49 PM
(22-10-2014 05:23 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  Not surprised at all that this was (likely) an Islamist. Islam truly is the worst religion. Sigh.

This reminds me of an article I read earlier... Pew recently conducted a survey asking residents in 40 countries what they perceive to be the biggest threat to the world. Surprisingly, about a third of people in the middle east think religion and race issues are the worst... too bad they're not the majority.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-you-live/

Not sure that religion alone is the greatest threat, but when couple with nuclear weapons its certainly worrisome.

I would simply say that Islam is not the worst religion. It is instead a religion not typically restrained by secular constraints.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Heads on pikes is my solution. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
22-10-2014, 09:56 PM
(22-10-2014 09:51 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Heads on pikes is my solution. Drinking Beverage

To be fair that is his solution to everything else as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post