14-09-2015, 07:29 AM
RE: Our JennyBee Stirring Up More Trouble
So, how many peeps would've clicked this topic if Jen wasn't mentioned? Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 07:33 AM
(14-09-2015 07:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So, how many peeps would've clicked this topic if Jen wasn't mentioned? Angel

Well the title is really nothing new Tongue so not really an eye catcher lol but I probably would have just to read it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-09-2015, 07:34 AM
(13-09-2015 10:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I have heard this from some Christian pastors. I actually used to do something called (and don't laugh) Holy Yoga. Hobo Basically, you do the same exact poses as they do in "regular" yoga class--but you quote scripture and praise God while you do it. That way, no demons can get in Laugh out load

Shocking

(14-09-2015 05:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Christian biology is extremely weird.

Did you know that DNA was designed to be fundamentally corruptible in the face of sin*? Before Original Sin, there were no diseases, and I'm pretty sure the sun didn't cause cancer. We live in a fallen world! Isn't God great!?

*I'm not making this shit up.

Shocking

[Image: giphy.gif]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-09-2015, 07:37 AM
(14-09-2015 06:56 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  So now the shit-eating preachers are telling their parishioners not even to do stretching? Doing exercise for basic health is now dangerous to your salvation??? That's some fucked-up shit.

I know several Christians that basically believe that if you engage in non-Christian things, you will become a worse Christian.

I'm assuming the thought process is something along the lines of "If they start doing these Hindu-based stretches, what's to stop them from deciding several gods is better than one!?".
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-09-2015, 07:37 AM
(14-09-2015 07:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So, how many peeps would've clicked this topic if Jen wasn't mentioned? Angel

When I saw "stirring up more trouble" I was hoping for an article with an accompanying police mugshot or something.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
14-09-2015, 07:53 AM
(14-09-2015 07:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:56 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  So now the shit-eating preachers are telling their parishioners not even to do stretching? Doing exercise for basic health is now dangerous to your salvation??? That's some fucked-up shit.

I know several Christians that basically believe that if you engage in non-Christian things, you will become a worse Christian.

I'm assuming the thought process is something along the lines of "If they start doing these Hindu-based stretches, what's to stop them from deciding several gods is better than one!?".

I know Christians like that too. Anything not of God and you are opening yourself up to the devil. Since yoga is used in Hindu spiritual practices, some christians believe you are worshiping idols by doing it. But I can tell you that I have been doing yoga for years and have yet to see any demons Tongue.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-09-2015, 08:13 AM
(14-09-2015 07:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  

When I saw "stirring up more trouble" I was hoping for an article with an accompanying police mugshot or something.

It was a rough night Laugh out load

[Image: hDYL1t68zScl.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
14-09-2015, 08:14 AM
(14-09-2015 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When I saw "stirring up more trouble" I was hoping for an article with an accompanying police mugshot or something.

It was a rough night Laugh out load

Nice shirt.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-09-2015, 08:17 AM
(14-09-2015 08:14 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It was a rough night Laugh out load

Nice shirt.

Yes, well, I always say, if you are going to do a mugshot, you gotta bust out the Hawaiian shirt Thumbsup It's listed right on the first page of Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-09-2015, 08:53 AM
(14-09-2015 07:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I know Christians like that too. Anything not of God and you are opening yourself up to the devil. Since yoga is used in Hindu spiritual practices, some christians believe you are worshiping idols by doing it. But I can tell you that I have been doing yoga for years and have yet to see any demons Tongue.

I have a friend from grade school who became a very conservative Baptist as an adult. A while ago, on Facebook, he mentioned how he and his wife didn't have a lot of adult friends since they'd started having kids. He'd expressed interest in finding new friends, and made it very clear that non-Christians need not apply.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post