Our JennyBee Stirring Up More Trouble

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Our JennyBee Stirring Up More Trouble
(14-09-2015 07:05 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  No matter what you have, somebody, somewhere is going to hate it. Next it will be kittens and peonies. Dodgy

My allergies hate them already. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 11:19 AM
(14-09-2015 08:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:14 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Nice shirt.

Yes, well, I always say, if you are going to do a mugshot, you gotta bust out the Hawaiian shirt Thumbsup It's listed right on the first page of Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible Big Grin

JennyBee, this might interest you.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots...e-thats-ok

I take a lot of yoga and one of the ladies that teach at LA Fitness where I take classes is rather religious. She's pretty open to other viewpoints though so I'm not too put out by it. That, and she's also very funny so I let the religion thing slide.

So for those of you who aren't going to read or listen to the link, "journalist Michelle Goldberg says that most of the poses that we do in modern yoga classes have no antecedent beyond 150 years ago."

If she's correct then ballet is older however I do both and they're great exercises. Some of the steps and turnout began in the 15th century. I have a neighbor who thinks that ballet is evil because you can see WOMEN'S CROTCHES, and horror of horrors, MEN'S BULGES! Shocking........Facepalm

Sigh. What are ya gonna do with people like that?
I can think of one thing.......Beat_stick

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-09-2015, 11:22 AM
I saw "Jennybee" and "Yoga" and I was hoping that there were some pictures that would have also have appeared in the forum pic thread.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-09-2015, 11:27 AM
(14-09-2015 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yes, well, I always say, if you are going to do a mugshot, you gotta bust out the Hawaiian shirt Thumbsup It's listed right on the first page of Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible Big Grin

JennyBee, this might interest you.

I take a lot of yoga and one of the ladies that teach at LA Fitness where I take classes is rather religious. She's pretty open to other viewpoints though so I'm not too put out by it. That, and she's also very funny so I let the religion thing slide.

So for those of you who aren't going to read or listen to the link, "journalist Michelle Goldberg says that most of the poses that we do in modern yoga classes have no antecedent beyond 150 years ago."

If she's correct then ballet is older however I do both and they're great exercises. Some of the steps and turnout began in the 15th century. I have a neighbor who thinks that ballet is evil because you can see WOMEN'S CROTCHES, and horror of horrors, MEN'S BULGES! Shocking........Facepalm

Yeah, "americanized" yoga really doesn't have any religious components to it whatsoever. There are some chants and oms/aums, but that's really it. And you don't have to say them if you don't want to.

I've seen a few camel toes and men bulges in yoga class too. Clearly, all due to Satan Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-09-2015, 11:44 AM
(14-09-2015 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  JennyBee, this might interest you.

Yeah, "americanized" yoga really doesn't have any religious components to it whatsoever. There are some chants and oms/aums, but that's really it. And you don't have to say them if you don't want to.

I've seen a few camel toes and men bulges in yoga class too. Clearly, all due to Satan Laugh out load

That's what I liked about my Bikram Yoga trial. No spiritual mumbo-jumbo, the class was about 80% college girls, and the dress code was "as little as you feel comfortable wearing." Thumbsup

I'm trying to remember why I didn't go back... Consider

Oh yeah! 90 minutes in a 105 degrees Fahrenheit room at 40% humidity. That's why. Sadcryface

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
14-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Let's not forget about my favorite ... Christoga!

When an extremist gets desperate, they'll hijack anything and exploit the crap out of it. Poor Janine Turner ... I think she's pretty much off her rocker at this point. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-09-2015, 11:50 AM
(14-09-2015 11:45 AM)kim Wrote:  Let's not forget about my favorite ... Christoga!

When an extremist gets desperate, they'll hijack anything and exploit the crap out of it. Poor Janine Turner ... I think she's pretty much off her rocker at this point. Angel

I never did the Christoga. Thank FSM Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-09-2015, 11:54 AM
(14-09-2015 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  JennyBee, this might interest you.

Yoga is adaptable to the religious and not religious. I know one or two atheists in the yoga classes I take, but also theists. It the crazy religious right theists who see evil in anything slightly outside their worldview that have a problem with yoga or dancing or even secular music.

Again........Beat_stick and..........Bangin .... to those wacked out theists.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-09-2015, 12:15 PM
(13-09-2015 10:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I have heard this from some Christian pastors. I actually used to do something called (and don't laugh) Holy Yoga. Hobo Basically, you do the same exact poses as they do in "regular" yoga class--but you quote scripture and praise God while you do it. That way, no demons can get in Laugh out load

Could you enlighten us as to where, exactly, they usually get in.
Just wanna be prepared.
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-09-2015, 12:34 PM
(14-09-2015 12:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 10:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I have heard this from some Christian pastors. I actually used to do something called (and don't laugh) Holy Yoga. Hobo Basically, you do the same exact poses as they do in "regular" yoga class--but you quote scripture and praise God while you do it. That way, no demons can get in Laugh out load

Could you enlighten us as to where, exactly, they usually get in.
Just wanna be prepared.
Angel

The same way they always get in--right through the naughty bits Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post