Our friends just lost their baby girl.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: Our friends just lost their baby girl.
I know. It's all fun and games until........

Every now and then, life gets real. Changes your perspective.

Feel for ya kings, hang in there. Send love to the family.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 11:58 AM
I never know what to say at times like this, except, I'm here for you, let it all out when you need to.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
28-03-2014, 12:06 PM
(28-03-2014 11:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Just can't stop thinking about it... like what they must have felt while waiting for the divers... and what they must have felt when they pulled her out.

It's messing me up bad.

It's been weighing on me all day. I haven't been this affected by a death in a long time.

Just let it out; no judgment here. It'll pass, like everything else. Just need time.

Atir aissom atir imon
28-03-2014, 12:10 PM
I can relate strongly to how you're feeling. Recently, one of my close friends became pregnant in high school. Her parents were very supporting, but her douchebag boyfriend and his family were very hostile and hateful towards her. They basically blamed her.

She carried the baby for about 7 months, but last week she was informed the baby had died. She was rushed to a medical center to have the baby surgically removed. She took pictures, and when I saw them, I couldn't quite process or describe how I felt. I was baffled, disturbed and sad. The baby was so tiny- weighed only a little over a pound. But he had a little body and a precious face. Seeing that picture was like nothing I had ever seen before.

It really traumatized my friend, and impacted all of her close friends and family. But being in high school and our small town full of shit people, she got a lot of shit for the taking the picture with her baby. People called her immature, gross and stupid for taking the picture of him. I guess they didn't realize that picture will be the only picture she'll ever have of him. But I don't expect everyone to understand. Not everyone goes through the same situations. It just makes me angry and sick to my stomach that people can still manage to spit venom at a mother who carried a child within her for 7 months, just to have it removed from her half developed.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-03-2014, 12:11 PM
(28-03-2014 11:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Just can't stop thinking about it... like what they must have felt while waiting for the divers... and what they must have felt when they pulled her out.

It's messing me up bad.

It's been weighing on me all day. I haven't been this affected by a death in a long time.

You got one job.

[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-03-2014, 12:14 PM
My heart goes out to your friends and you KC. I wish I had some words of wisdom to help you and the child's family through this but I think I will just cry with you!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
28-03-2014, 12:19 PM
I feel like I'm about to break down here at my desk at work.

She was the sweetest, adorable baby. She was a beautiful little girl.

Now, of course, my mind goes to my beautiful little girl, and the images I have created of her death are being replaced with my daughter's images.

I keep seeing what my daughter would look like drowned and pulled out of a pond.

I feel sick.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-03-2014, 12:23 PM
(28-03-2014 12:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I feel like I'm about to break down here at my desk at work.

Now, of course, my mind goes to my beautiful little girl, and the images I have created of her death are being replaced with my daughter's images.

I keep seeing what my daughter would look like drowned and pulled out of a pond.

I feel sick.

Go home, be with your wife and kids!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 4 users Like Crulax's post
28-03-2014, 12:28 PM
(28-03-2014 12:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I feel like I'm about to break down here at my desk at work.

I feel sick.

Take a few days off. It's a legit excuse.

Atir aissom atir imon
28-03-2014, 12:39 PM
(28-03-2014 07:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It was a tragic accident. Story here.
Terrible