Our lady of akita

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Our lady of akita
Greetings so recently I heard of this weeping statue in Japan that apparently it was on the national television. There was also your typical doomsday prophesy and mirricles although they are not above explainable. what is interesting I found nothing about it in joe nickel books or any skeptic website.what I do know is they did test the tears, sweat and blood and they were indeed human although they were from different blood types. It is interesting that it was during the time when the cold war was at it's worst.but if this is true we are indeed governed by a homicidal dictator.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: Our lady of akita
Weeping statues are common. Here's a Wikipedia article about them. Please see the section there entitled "hoaxes and skepticism". It is easy to make these. Regarding the testing that says they are real human tears, I would want to know who did the tests and how they ensured there was no chance of swapping in real tears from some place else. Even the Catholic church, which considers some of these to be real, rejected the one in Akita as fake. Please also note, this supposed occurrence is fairly old dating back to 1973.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
15-12-2016, 02:15 PM

A scientific investigation of the blood, sweat and tears that were seemingly being exuded by the statue was undertaken and it concluded that these fluids were ‘human in nature’, but unlike a number of more recent examples of this ‘phenomenon’ it doesn’t appear that the church went so far as use DNA testing to rule out the possibility – or rather, likelihood – of a hoax.

[Image: Smells-Like-Bullshit_o_99704.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
15-12-2016, 02:38 PM
So god doesn't do anything for babies who die from worms that eat their eyes out but he instead spends the time making a statue cry. Allrighty then.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 10 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-12-2016, 02:50 PM
(15-12-2016 02:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So god doesn't do anything for babies who die from worms that eat their eyes out but he instead spends the time making a statue cry. Allrighty then.

That's the thing with all of these claims. THIS is what this god chooses to do with his power? Childish stunts that don't do anything for anyone?

He just makes statues cry or his face appear on burnt toast.

It just illustrates that this god is an asshole!

How about curing cancer? Or hunger?

Nah, I'm going to grow some mold on a wall and it will look like Jesus, Mary or Jerry Garcia.

Awesome plan! Facepalm

[Image: virgin.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-12-2016, 03:00 PM
(15-12-2016 02:50 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  That's the thing with all of these claims. THIS is what this god chooses to do with his power? Childish stunts that don't do anything for anyone?

He just makes statues cry or his face appear on burnt toast.

Yabut, what about those photoshopped cloud formations? At least those were important. Dodgy

[Image: Detailed-Angel-cloud-from-colorado.jpg]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-12-2016, 03:13 PM
I read somewhere once that there was a statue or a tree that looked like Mary (I can't exactly remember as it was awhile ago that I read this) that was "crying" and the people were drinking the tears and wiping them all over their faces and bodies. After studying the "tears" it was determined it was sewerage run off or something icky like that.

As far as the DNA being human tears (if actually true): In many of these religious experience situations, people often are crying and touching the statue and wiping their faces, and touching the statue. As such, their could be transference of human tears onto the statue.
15-12-2016, 05:12 PM
There was also a tree that wept "tears" at St. John's Cathedral in Fresno, California. An arborist was brought in to examine the tree...people were lifting their arms and faces to get splattered with fecal matter from aphides.
Quote:Despite what the scientists say, however, the faithful maintain the liquid is a touch from God for believers.

"They can say it's this theory, that theory, the tree does this every year, it's odd when it happens when there is bunch of people praying. When you are asking the Holy Spirit to reveal itself and then it happens all of a sudden and it's still here," said Janine Esquivel-Oji told My Fox Philly.

"When you say 'glory be to God in Jesus' name' the tree starts throwing out more water," explained Maria Ybarra to KGPE-TV.

Ybarra was the first person to experience the miracle of the droplets coming from the tree while she was praying with a sick woman under it. The tree released water unto the sick woman and she said she felt better.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-12-2016, 05:38 PM
I once had to shoot an Akita that was mauling an off-duty police officer, beast of a dog breed.

Maybe that’s why she was crying.

[Image: 142b7bf20ada7fca8f443bc7f413d1fd.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Thank you.I find it strange that through the years god's magic seems to be geting weaker and weaker from spreading the sea to makeing JC's face appear on toast how far he has fallen. but as I said this thing appeard on japan's national television I think there are some on youtube can you watch them and tell me what you think.