Out at Work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Out at Work
Does your boss know that you're a non-believer? What about your coworkers or employees? Did you come out to them and how did it go?

On a side note, does anyone know if Seth Andrews has a day job? I'd be curious to know if this site and this community have affected his day to day work, working relationships, etc.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: Out at Work
I just had lunch with my athiest boss and an athiest co-worker. I guess they know, never really felt work was a place to make a formal announcement of my religious beliefs. We have talked about a few things that probably makes it more than obvious.
05-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I work as a research assistant at the university. So, yeah. I'm out. Not a huge deal though.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
05-05-2014, 12:19 PM
My boss doesn't. Some of my coworkers do.
05-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm out at work, though it has led to a few theological arguments. Still nice having a place I don't have to pretend to be a theist.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Too Fucking bad you have to work - suckers!

You is some lame atheists - just thing the blacks couldn't be in the closet about their blackness.

Studies have shown that atheists are more intelligent than Christians - so they are the ones that need to keep it to their fucking selves.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm not out at work. I'm not sure how it would go over and there is definitely the possibility of it causing problems. With my wife and kids dependent on my income and not just me, I'm not going to chance putting my job at risk.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
05-05-2014, 12:36 PM
(05-05-2014 11:57 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Does your boss know that you're a non-believer? What about your coworkers or employees? Did you come out to them and how did it go?

On a side note, does anyone know if Seth Andrews has a day job? I'd be curious to know if this site and this community have affected his day to day work, working relationships, etc.

If I had a job I wouldn't be afraid to let them know i'm a non-believer.

(05-05-2014 12:30 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Too Fucking bad you have to work - suckers!

You is some lame atheists - just thing the blacks couldn't be in the closet about their blackness.

Studies have shown that atheists are more intelligent than Christians - so they are the ones that need to keep it to their fucking selves.

You is need some grammar lessons and schooling. Your comment proves those studies correct as well.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-05-2014, 12:36 PM
(05-05-2014 12:30 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Too Fucking bad you have to work - suckers!

"You is"...?
"just thing"

Gee look who's assigning the "lame" label. Laughat

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
I may not have a job but people know I am an atheist in school. Nobody cares.

Also to the guy that said this:

Quote: just thing the blacks couldn't be in the closet about their blackness.

[Image: 20HH]

And how can you be out of the closet with your blackness. I am black and I think you can't hide that you are black.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post