Out at Work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Out at Work
(05-05-2014 11:57 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Does your boss know that you're a non-believer? What about your coworkers or employees? Did you come out to them and how did it go?

On a side note, does anyone know if Seth Andrews has a day job? I'd be curious to know if this site and this community have affected his day to day work, working relationships, etc.

I don't work, so nope!

On the side note,; yes, Seth does indeed have a day job as a video producer.
He talks about this in his book Deconverted: A Journey From Religion to Reason, available at Amazon.com in hard copy and all fine Audiobook distributors.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah, but no worries here. My coworkers either don't care or are atheists as well, and my boss is gay; so I kinda doubt he is a religious fundamentalist.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-05-2014, 11:30 PM
(05-05-2014 12:30 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Too Fucking bad you have to work - suckers!

You is some lame atheists - just thing the blacks couldn't be in the closet about their blackness.

Studies have shown that atheists are more intelligent than Christians - so they are the ones that need to keep it to their fucking selves.

I call Rule 5 on this motherfucker.

Quote:5) Maliciously Disrupting the Forum is Prohibited
Anyone who comes here with the sole intent of causing chaos and conflict is not welcome. Being intentionally overly disruptive is also not acceptable. In the event that it is felt by the forum Administration that a person is causing excessive issues then they will be officially warned. Failure to heed the warning may lead to temporary bans leading up to a permanent ban if the offending behaviour is not ceased. This is considered a last resort and only for the most serious situations. Anyone who is felt to be trying to manipulate this rule to get another member banned by causing controversy about them risks falling foul of this rule themselves.

FUCK this motherfucker.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-05-2014, 11:37 PM
(05-05-2014 12:53 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The inbreeding is strong with this one. 

[Image: 5eed4559ba2602674b707e19cf6290be.jpg]

05-05-2014, 11:40 PM
(05-05-2014 11:57 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Does your boss know that you're a non-believer?

With my day job, that doesn't matter. A bunch of folks here know. And I do ream a couple of god-botherers here just as bad as I do in this forum. It fills me with Joy, and Win. Thumbsup

Quote:What about your coworkers or employees? Did you come out to them and how did it go?

Didn't really have to "come out", per se, its really been just a matter of speaking up when some moron starts vomiting the party line.

Quote:On a side note, does anyone know if Seth Andrews has a day job? I'd be curious to know if this site and this community have affected his day to day work, working relationships, etc.

Can't help you with that one.

05-05-2014, 11:44 PM
(05-05-2014 12:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You is need some grammar lessons and schooling.

Mostly the sumbitch needs schooling. Which he's getting here. Thumbsup

...but he's too fucking dumb for any of it to take.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
06-05-2014, 09:38 AM
(05-05-2014 05:10 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  So, can I ask, do you guys think it's intellectually dishonest or underhanded to keep my beliefs under my hat for now?

Yes. It is. And? It's a form of lying, but not a malicious or potentially harmful one. This makes it at worst neutral and at best beneficial. So lie away. And if you're ever feeling guilty about the lies, just remember you're no worse than the entire profession of Liars-To-Children (otherwise known as 'teachers'), whom society seems to regard, on the whole, as a positive group.
06-05-2014, 11:15 AM
(06-05-2014 09:38 AM)OddGamer Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 05:10 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  So, can I ask, do you guys think it's intellectually dishonest or underhanded to keep my beliefs under my hat for now?

Yes. It is. And? It's a form of lying, but not a malicious or potentially harmful one. This makes it at worst neutral and at best beneficial. So lie away. And if you're ever feeling guilty about the lies, just remember you're no worse than the entire profession of Liars-To-Children (otherwise known as 'teachers'), whom society seems to regard, on the whole, as a positive group.

I disagree. If there are things in your life you want to keep private at work that is your right and it is not lying. Not broadcasting your religious views, whatever they may be, at work is the proper thing to do. I have told co-workers I am not interested in discussing various topics at work because I did not feel it was the proper environment.
06-05-2014, 12:23 PM
(06-05-2014 11:15 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I disagree. If there are things in your life you want to keep private at work that is your right and it is not lying. Not broadcasting your religious views, whatever they may be, at work is the proper thing to do. I have told co-workers I am not interested in discussing various topics at work because I did not feel it was the proper environment.
Oh you must be the pride of the manager - you good worker bee, you.

Okay, so religion is out-of-bounds - what else, politics, sex???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-05-2014, 12:32 PM
(06-05-2014 12:23 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 11:15 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I disagree. If there are things in your life you want to keep private at work that is your right and it is not lying. Not broadcasting your religious views, whatever they may be, at work is the proper thing to do. I have told co-workers I am not interested in discussing various topics at work because I did not feel it was the proper environment.
Oh you must be the pride of the manager - you good worker bee, you.

Okay, so religion is out-of-bounds - what else, politics, sex???

I am a department manager.

Those topics have the potential to set up unnecessary conflicts between coworkers and really have no place in the office or on the work site. In reality they do happen and as long as they stay civil all is ok.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post