Poll: Is bemore batshit crazy
Yes
No
Its not that simple
Ill have a bigmac and large fries please.
[Show Results]

Out of curiousity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: Out of curiousity
Definitely not.

I think it's great as someone's gotta keep the bastards on their toes!!! Plus we all know governments are total fucking liars and can't be trusted.

Go forth and kick arse, my friend! Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
28-02-2012, 09:23 PM
(28-02-2012 02:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  Regular posters may know my stance on the goverment....and on certain conspiracy "theorys"

So im just curious to think if any of you think im batshit crazy.......yeah I know that opinions may differ on subjects and that truth is relative to the observer and all that but even so I would like to know what the majority think......just out of curiosity.

Ive never made a poll on here before....so im hoping I can make it anonymous....please cast ya vote and if you feel to say something about the subject then please do Big Grin

It's not that I think that you are batshit crazy, it's only that 3 out of the 5 voices in your head say yes and I go with the majority; just ask any of the voices in my head, honest.
[+] 2 users Like Jeffrick's post
29-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks guys..some funny responses that made me laugh here.

Its just my ego being curious........I know im not perfect......I know im more than likely biased to some degree with concerns to reading "news"....and im used to being labelled a "crazy nut" by people....who knows maybe I am.....I suppose we are all equal with looking at the bigger picture because none of us will probably ever get the chance to know the "truth" on things.

Thanks again peeps........looks like im off to maccys ds to pick up this order Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
29-02-2012, 05:28 AM
I vote no, and now there's 3 4s. It's a conspiracy. Wink

Compared to me, you ain't crazy. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2012, 05:36 AM
(29-02-2012 05:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I vote no, and now there's 3 4s. It's a conspiracy. Wink

I think your quite sane HOC compared to the rest of the world in general Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
29-02-2012, 03:10 PM
(29-02-2012 05:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I vote no, and now there's 3 4s. It's a conspiracy. Wink

nope 4 4 5 9 now and 4+5 makes 9 and it leaves a 4 over which represents the elements and the 9 is a magic number representing a number that bring bad luck in japan as the word sounds similar to the word "pain" in japanese. and that brings us back to the 4 representing the elements. Because all elements can bring you pain, harm you...

(am I good in conspiracy, am I?)

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
01-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Big mac to go please Smile

Basically you do entertain some ideas (e.g. ghost hunts) that I dismiss out of hand. I know there's a lot of apologetics for ghosts and aliens but it smells the same as religion to me so I avoid it.

But then (a) I don't know everything. (b) You have shown that you are aware of where you are making a logical leap - you know for instance that the ghost data isn't particularly convincing, you prefer however to investigate it with an attitude that hey, maybe something will turn up. This I think is perfectly sane - as long as you know where your potential biases are, you will evaluate the evidence sort of impartially, and I've seen you put stuff up for public debate before which means you're OK with criticism and that any potential biases that you yourself don't catch will hopefully be caught by someone else. That's honest investigating.

So ja, I think on balance, you're probably saner than most Smile
01-03-2012, 03:41 AM
(28-02-2012 08:19 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Original thinkers are always called crazy.

On the other hand, original thinking is what brought us organized religion.

Because sometimes everybody's right about the original thinkers being crazy.

(01-03-2012 03:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  Basically you do entertain some ideas (e.g. ghost hunts) that I dismiss out of hand. I know there's a lot of apologetics for ghosts and aliens but it smells the same as religion to me so I avoid it.

I don't think it's fair to lump ghost hunters or SETI in with religion per se. They belong more in the bin with the perpetual motion machine people. They try really hard to measure a nonexistent/astronomically improbable thing and study it scientifically, but don't do a very good job at separating the signal from the noise in their measurements (or at least don't let negative results discourage them in the slightest).

Religion just dismisses the possibility of phenomenal observation outright.
01-03-2012, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 04:44 AM by morondog.)
(01-03-2012 03:41 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  I don't think it's fair to lump ghost hunters or SETI in with religion per se. They belong more in the bin with the perpetual motion machine people. They try really hard to measure a nonexistent/astronomically improbable thing and study it scientifically, but don't do a very good job at separating the signal from the noise in their measurements (or at least don't let negative results discourage them in the slightest).

Religion just dismisses the possibility of phenomenal observation outright.

What I mean is it feels like there's a lot of bullshit involved. Religion would *love* to have phenomenal observation and did not in fact dismiss such possibility until it became evident that the position was untenable.
And SETI is a whole other beast than e.g. the crop circle crowd. No bullshit there, just... very low success rate, as you say.