Out of the closet / Openly Secular Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: Out of the closet / Openly Secular Day
(23-04-2015 12:31 PM)natachan Wrote:  I told campus life rep who was there, with an audio recording of it. She said he had a first amendment right to say it.

How come they kicked out the guy who harassed the other girl then? If they're gonna kick people out for threatening students they should fucking well do it Angry First amendment my pasty white bum. She wasn't keen for a confrontation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-04-2015, 12:53 PM
I wish I had some sort of science shirt I could wear at least. I'd like a subtle way to acknowledge the day. I made a pledge to tell two people but haven't done it yet. Not sure how to! Half of me is tempted to just be done with this game and post publicly on fb! I'm thinking my fb activity has given me away to many anyway. I "came out" to a friend a few days ago and her response was "I sorta figured from what I see on fb". Another friend said the same a few months ago. I don't post anything, but my likes and comments on atheist pages (such as seth's/TTA) show up in their feeds.
23-04-2015, 01:35 PM
(23-04-2015 12:35 PM)Noelani Wrote:  I'm secularly ajar.

I hereby declare that I will "borrow" that phrase in my personal bio.

Thanks Smile

I'm not a Christian ... like many other Christians.
[+] 1 user Likes beerbudget's post
23-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Openly Secular Day 2020 - maybe I can do it then...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
23-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Some know about me already, some don't.

Recently, I came out to the office I work at. Discussions were being made of a religious nature, and I was itching the entire time until I couldn't take it anymore. Fortunately, no relationships have changed. Of course a few think I'm going to hell, but I can live with that. As far as work goes, I'm treated no different.

Some of my family knows, but those question the belief as well. As for the other, more religious parts of my family, I don't think I'd ever come out to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Dusky's post
24-04-2015, 06:02 AM
(23-04-2015 12:31 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 08:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Did you tell him to go fuck himself? Consider

Did you report him to the police?

I told campus life rep who was there, with an audio recording of it. She said he had a first amendment right to say it.

I did tell him he was an immoral monster and pointed out that he, the Christian, was advocating violence while I, an atheist, was condemning it.

Edit: to post a photo of the jackass in question.

The First Amendment does not protect the uttering of threats. Your campus life rep is a moron.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2015, 06:58 AM
(20-04-2015 08:28 AM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  Don't know if those within traveling distance are aware, but there's going to be a gathering in Orlando this Thursday (4/23) celebrating Openly Secular Day. It's a free event and sure to be an uplifting experience. Link provided below.

http://www.openlysecularday.org/flagship/

Ugh. Of course I would just find out about this a day late. Sad

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
24-04-2015, 07:19 AM
(24-04-2015 06:58 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 08:28 AM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  Don't know if those within traveling distance are aware, but there's going to be a gathering in Orlando this Thursday (4/23) celebrating Openly Secular Day. It's a free event and sure to be an uplifting experience. Link provided below.

http://www.openlysecularday.org/flagship/

Ugh. Of course I would just find out about this a day late. Sad

Now you gotta stay in the closet 'til next year! Back in the closet you filthy atheist you! Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2015, 07:23 AM
(24-04-2015 07:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 06:58 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Ugh. Of course I would just find out about this a day late. Sad

Now you gotta stay in the closet 'til next year! Back in the closet you filthy atheist you! Tongue

UGH!

[Image: 608J22w.gif]

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
24-04-2015, 10:27 AM
(24-04-2015 07:23 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 07:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Now you gotta stay in the closet 'til next year! Back in the closet you filthy atheist you! Tongue

UGH!

[Image: 608J22w.gif]
It was pretty well organized, met some cool peeps while there. They were recording the event, so there's probably a good chance they'll post it somewhere online. If I come across a link, I'll make sure to post it in the thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post