Out of the mouths of infants . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Out of the mouths of infants . . .
(04-04-2013 10:40 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 12:10 PM)f stop Wrote:  The Biblical flood is impossible. The Bible says that the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. Assuming this means the two similarly named mountains in modern day Turkey, of which the smaller is about a mile high, then the water must have been a mile deep measured against modern day sea level. Where did all that water go?

There is an entry in my blog that answers that question.

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2012/01...-water-go/
Quote:The water didn’t go anywhere; the flood ended when parts of the earth’s surface rose up to form the continents and islands that exist today.
That explanation is inconsistent with plate tectonics. There has been no great upheaval of land masses in the last 10,000 years.

Even if God and Jesus existed and I could live forever just by believing in them, I'm not so sure that eternal hellfire would be worse than having the omnipotent psychopath and his bastard kid looking over me for all eternity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
10-04-2013, 10:25 AM
(06-04-2013 07:09 PM)f stop Wrote:  The King James Version says "Noe", which is why my search function missed it. So Noe is Noah?

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New in Greek so in the King James some people have different names in the Old and New Testaments. For example, Noe is the Greek form of Noah and Elias is the Greek form of Elijah. Most modern Bible translator use the Hebrew forms of names in the New Testament to make it easier to understand.

(06-04-2013 07:24 PM)f stop Wrote:  
Quote:The water didn’t go anywhere; the flood ended when parts of the earth’s surface rose up to form the continents and islands that exist today.
That explanation is inconsistent with plate tectonics. There has been no great upheaval of land masses in the last 10,000 years.

There is no way to know whether or not that is true because we have no way of directly observing what has happened in the past. All we can do to discover the past is to observe the processes that are happening today and extrapolate backwards to find out what would have happened if those same processes had operated in the past and weren't affected by any outside forces. There is no way to scientifically detect interruptions of the natural order caused by divine judgments.

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 06:09 PM
(10-04-2013 10:25 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The King James Version says "Noe", which is why my search function missed it. So Noe is Noah?

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New in Greek so in the King James some people have different names in the Old and New Testaments. For example, Noe is the Greek form of Noah and Elias is the Greek form of Elijah. Most modern Bible translator use the Hebrew forms of names in the New Testament to make it easier to understand.

There is no way to know whether or not that is true because we have no way of directly observing what has happened in the past. All we can do to discover the past is to observe the processes that are happening today and extrapolate backwards to find out what would have happened if those same processes had operated in the past and weren't affected by any outside forces. There is no way to scientifically detect interruptions of the natural order caused by divine judgments.
[/quote]How much of your life are you willing to devote trying to prove bible parables?
Find all posts by this user