Out with the old, in with the... older?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2012, 05:39 AM
RE: Out with the old, in with the... older?
So, let me get this straight... Ears say something world-wide, something that exists in a lot of places already, the Birdy comes and insults him, only to realize in the end, that what ears was saying is not stupid, but reality for the last 20 years, so then Birdy changes the story to USA-only territory? Birdy, you do realize that there are other places in this world that USA? You do know that right?

You also know that Japan, France and Germany use these fast trains for decades now?

And another thing, why wouldn't "big-oil-companies" support these trains? Jesus my head is hurting... The trains run on electricity, right? The majority of electricity TODAY (not in 50 years, now) is being produced by oil, coal and gas. We can see that most nuclear plants are being closed down because of Fukushima, the alternative sources are, what, some 10-20% present in the most developed countries, so what we are left is the use of fossil fuels. So, come now, use your brains and answer this: Why wouldn't oil companies want to use trains?

And be sure to remember, the world is not USA alone!

[Image: pic85.gif]

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2012, 05:58 AM
(26-11-2012 05:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, let me get this straight... Ears say something world-wide, something that exists in a lot of places already, the Birdy comes and insults him, only to realize in the end, that what ears was saying is not stupid, but reality for the last 20 years, so then Birdy changes the story to USA-only territory? Birdy, you do realize that there are other places in this world that USA? You do know that right?

You also know that Japan, France and Germany use these fast trains for decades now?

And another thing, why wouldn't "big-oil-companies" support these trains? Jesus my head is hurting... The trains run on electricity, right? The majority of electricity TODAY (not in 50 years, now) is being produced by oil, coal and gas. We can see that most nuclear plants are being closed down because of Fukushima, the alternative sources are, what, some 10-20% present in the most developed countries, so what we are left is the use of fossil fuels. So, come now, use your brains and answer this: Why wouldn't oil companies want to use trains?

Big Grin

As I stated earlier, I am well aware that other countries are doing wonderful things with trains. The stupid part of ears argument was that he thinks that the U.S. can do it too. The U.S. is run by big oil. Bought and sold by big oil. The stupidity was thinking that the U.S. can change. The only way things will change is if we run out of oil entirely. Not to mention that the batshit crazy religious people believe that every believer will be raptured up soon anyway, so why worry about fucking up the planet. That is where his mistake was and I stand by my previous statements.
26-11-2012, 07:01 AM
You didn't quite get my message did you? Electricity. Now think about electricity in USA. Now think about what fuel does USA use to create electricity, what is used most... Well, I guess you have no idea, so Filox will educate you, and everyone else that thinks like you.

Composition of Electricity by Resource (TWh per year 2008)

USA:

Fossil fuels - coal: 2133, oil: 58, gas: 911 - TOTAL: 3101
Nuclear fuel - nuclear plants: 838 - TOTAL: 838
Renewable sources - hydro: 282, Geo-thermal: 17, solar: 1.6 + 0.8, wind: 56, biomass: 73 - TOTAL: 430

So... Do I need to explain things further, or do you see that USA uses MOSTLY fossil fuels to produce electricity, so if they had these fast new trains, that would run on electricity, that electricity would use fossil fuels to be created. Do you understand now? Even if you have electric train, you still need oil, coal and gas to create that electricity. And please don't say that you were talking about oil companies, because coal and gas are owned by oil companies as well.

There, Filox has spoken.

Haugh!

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-11-2012, 07:04 AM
(26-11-2012 05:58 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 05:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, let me get this straight... Ears say something world-wide, something that exists in a lot of places already, the Birdy comes and insults him, only to realize in the end, that what ears was saying is not stupid, but reality for the last 20 years, so then Birdy changes the story to USA-only territory? Birdy, you do realize that there are other places in this world that USA? You do know that right?

Big Grin

As I stated earlier, I am well aware that other countries are doing wonderful things with trains. The stupid part of ears argument was that he thinks that the U.S. can do it too. The U.S. is run by big oil. Bought and sold by big oil. The stupidity was thinking that the U.S. can change. The only way things will change is if we run out of oil entirely. Not to mention that the batshit crazy religious people believe that every believer will be raptured up soon anyway, so why worry about fucking up the planet. That is where his mistake was and I stand by my previous statements.
Again, "IMO..", "I think.." "this is what needs to happen".

Seriously, learn to read, you guard abandoned buildings for a living you have a lot of free time in which to learn.

And besides, it is entirely doable in the United States.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
26-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Canada totally needs a High Speed Rail. That and some better fences to keep off the cows from the salt covered rails.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
27-11-2012, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2012 03:46 AM by Janus.)
Better hone your bicycling, rowing, and sailing skills too, gents and lassies. And keep training your swimming techniques. You will need all that to be able to abandon the flooding coastal metro areas when no trains, planes, or automobiles will be operational anymore.
Or you perish.