Outdated religious laws must be changed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: Outdated religious laws must be changed
(29-04-2015 12:18 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Over/Under on how many days it would take for someone to get a life sentence if they followed all the rules of da Bible?

Six days or fewer. You have to kill anyone who works on the Sabbath.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 12:34 PM
I know I've been thinking about settling down and finding a wife....better get my rape kit together.
Find all posts by this user
29-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Since you cant force any religion out of existence, this at least is a more civil way of managing it. I really get down on liberals in the west who cant see this growing attitude in Islamic world, far to much of protecting pluralism through censorship will stop things like this which is what the west needs to encourage, not stifle.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
30-04-2015, 12:16 PM
I think the reason we only see one-Sabbath disobeyer killed is that the people were in the desert with a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day (in God's presence).

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
30-04-2015, 12:54 PM
(30-04-2015 12:16 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I think the reason we only see one-Sabbath disobeyer killed is that the people were in the desert with a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day (in God's presence).

"only see one" - that is enough to discount the whole pile of crap that is the merciful god inspired ramblings.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
30-04-2015, 01:43 PM
(29-04-2015 08:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'd work with them--I'd delight in any opportunity to get Muslims to move away from the violence I've found in the Qu'ran.

You'd just be a bad example.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-04-2015, 01:56 PM
(30-04-2015 12:16 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I think the reason we only see one-Sabbath disobeyer killed is that the people were in the desert with a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day (in God's presence).

And a big bag of peyote all the time, from the sound of it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-05-2015, 10:02 AM
(30-04-2015 12:54 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  

"only see one" - that is enough to discount the whole pile of crap that is the merciful god inspired ramblings.

I don't follow. I mean I don't know what you're saying or trying to prove here.

There were many Israelites and others with them in the desert. Jewish tradition records that only the one person got stoned to death for dishonoring the Sabbath.

I can't be the only person here who understands the difference between disobeying a teacher when their back is turned and when they're watching the classroom.

Were TTA members to protest the capital punishments of the Bible in today's setting, they would be marching and shouting slogans like "One person killed for X law 3,000 years ago is enough!"

I agree.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
05-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Saw a quote on TV recently on why so many Muslims are not registered to vote. The main gist of the Muslims they spoke to was that they felt 'alienated' from the rest of the UK and they attribute this to racism, nationalism and islamophobia... Because there's nothing else going on that would make some people weary of a religion that denounces all violent acts in its name... with a footnote! "Mass murder is terrible and against Islam...but... They shouldn't have drawn those cartoons"

They were also calling for more Muslim candidates to vote for... Personally I would welcome more asian, black & mixed race politicians... As long as they leave their faith at the door.

*dreams on*

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
05-05-2015, 12:23 PM
(05-05-2015 10:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(30-04-2015 12:54 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  "only see one" - that is enough to discount the whole pile of crap that is the merciful god inspired ramblings.

I don't follow. I mean I don't know what you're saying or trying to prove here.

There were many Israelites and others with them in the desert. Jewish tradition records that only the one person got stoned to death for dishonoring the Sabbath.

I can't be the only person here who understands the difference between disobeying a teacher when their back is turned and when they're watching the classroom.

Were TTA members to protest the capital punishments of the Bible in today's setting, they would be marching and shouting slogans like "One person killed for X law 3,000 years ago is enough!"

I agree.

Jewish tradition records? Do you mean by that, what was put in the Bible?

Had there been more people stoned to death for that action and various other actions or more fathers cursing their children's lineages, what would be the purpose of that? You put the story in to get the message across to everyone.

What actually are "religious laws" shouldn't be changed?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson