Outdoor preacher in my area

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Outdoor preacher in my area
So I have the windows at my place open and I hear what probably is the most annoying sound: loudspeakers carrying the voice of a preacher. It seems it's now open to the public.

The guy is too coherent in speech for me to think he's escaped from somewhere.

Thankfully my slaughtered goat offering had the rain start and now they've gone indoors. Where they should have been in the first place.

Now, this is the first time I've ever come across this. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered such a thing.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Outdoor preacher in my area
(22-06-2013 04:21 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So I have the windows at my place open and I hear what probably is the most annoying sound: loudspeakers carrying the voice of a preacher. It seems it's now open to the public.

Thankfully my slaughtered goat offering had the rain start and now they've gone indoors. Where they should have been in the first place.

Now, this is the first time I've ever come across this. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered such a thing.

Do you have noise ordinances where you live? Nuisance neighbor laws?

http://realestate.findlaw.com/neighbors/...ighbor+law

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-06-2013, 04:37 PM
(22-06-2013 04:21 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So I have the windows at my place open and I hear what probably is the most annoying sound: loudspeakers carrying the voice of a preacher. It seems it's now open to the public.

i dont live in usa,but isnt it against the law to preach in public? Or against the law to have too loud music(in this case speech)?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-06-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't live in the USA, but I used to be a Jehovah's Witness. Talk about a 180.

And the noise ordinance thing applies during certain times.

Shit, the rain has stopped. I think I'm going to need another goat.

[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
22-06-2013, 05:13 PM
(22-06-2013 05:01 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I don't live in the USA, but I used to be a Jehovah's Witness. Talk about a 180.

And the noise ordinance thing applies during certain times.

Shit, the rain has stopped. I think I'm going to need another goat.

get a jacked with a hoodie and go debate with the preacher.
That should learn them to not disturb you Angry

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Slingshots with ice cubes is the only answer.
Thor has commanded you to make it hail on these non-believers.

You should probably should out "Your words defile Thor and all of Asgard. You bring this on yourselves. Renounce your wicked ways and perhaps I won't have to get out the taser"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
22-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I've had this happen. I used to live in an apartment near downtown in my City close to a "recreational area" near a river with a stage and seating, aptly called the river front. Fridays during summer they have rock bands play in the evening and "ethnic" festivals on various weekends throughout spring to fall. Fairly fun and enjoyable.

However, some years ago they started having random prayer services on Sunday mornings at the stage. Amplified preaching is NOT something I want to wake up to on a Sunday morning. I moved out of that area shortly after this.

I just can't stand the cult mentality of the religious, and more notably how they don't see their behavior as such.
23-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Check your municipal ordinances. While public preaching is usually legal in liberal democracies, there's often regulations restraining the use of amplification equipment. Sometimes this applies any time of day.

Ran into soapbox preachers a lot at college. A couple of lesbians I knew hit on the perfect response: Make out right in their line of sight, and otherwise completely ignore them.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
23-06-2013, 08:00 PM
(22-06-2013 05:16 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Slingshots with ice cubes is the only answer.
Thor has commanded you to make it hail on these non-believers.

You should probably should out "Your words defile Thor and all of Asgard. You bring this on yourselves. Renounce your wicked ways and perhaps I won't have to get out the taser"

"Don't make me go medieval on your ass."

23-06-2013, 08:04 PM
(23-06-2013 01:05 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Check your municipal ordinances. While public preaching is usually legal in liberal democracies, there's often regulations restraining the use of amplification equipment. Sometimes this applies any time of day.

Ran into soapbox preachers a lot at college. A couple of lesbians I knew hit on the perfect response: Make out right in their line of sight, and otherwise completely ignore them.

I inquired. Turns out it was some guy who wasn't giving a sermon, but someone who was bitten by the Jesus Bug and tried a pretty damn good imitation of it; I was fooled, and probably a lot of other people in the crowd were, not to mention neighbors in the surrounding area within earshot.