Outside of Space and Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: Outside of Space and Time
(22-03-2015 11:08 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah lying shithead blah blah blah

I wish I could be surprised that you ran from the questions but you have chickenshit run from more or less all my other questions so might as well keep the record alive.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 10:46 AM
(23-03-2015 09:57 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Pick any one out of the 400. It is like me telling you to pick any one of the 400 beautiful women that is inside the brothel...like a mosquito at a nudist beach, you don't know where to begin

? Consider

No... many of your 400 something posts have been simple responses or assertions to previous posts/comments.

You say you have delivered a knock down, drag out spanking some where.

If such a post sticks in your memory then please provide a link to it. If you can only vaguely remember such a post, at least give a pointer to the thread title and possibly the 'range' of which page it might have appeared on.

if your comment is so far removed from your memory that you have n idea as to where or what it was about? Yah... it thence must have not been so amazingly wonderful.

Please, feel free to reminisce and point away.

Much cheers to all.
23-03-2015, 01:57 PM
(23-03-2015 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Robby...if a man has been sitting perfectly still in a chair for eternity, there was no moments which precedes his sitting....so of course, there could be no moments AFTER he sat...time simply doesn't exist.

If the man begins to stand from his sitting position, it is at the exact moment of motion that a change occurs, and time begins...see how that works?

You can't stop this Orwellian double-speak, can you?

If there is no time (and is nothing preceding his sitting), how can there be a time when he stands up?

(23-03-2015 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Wait a minute, above I gave an example of a person that went from a timeless state, to a temporal state. It is coherent because you can imagine it, you can conceive it..but what you CAN'T concede is the notion of infinite regress, and the concept of infinity being traversed..that is what you can't conceive.

The whole problem with "eternal being" and infinite regress is that you're looking for a way to answer questions about "the first cause". Now, that's cute and all, but you start with things that make sense (cause and effect) and then just start making things up until you feel you've "answered" the question. The problem is, it's purely speculative, and it raises more questions than it answers.

You should probably leave these types of discussion to the grown ups.

(23-03-2015 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So just leave it there, or just take your beat-down like a man..I will let you choose Thumbsup

You made a bunch of stuff up that contradicted the other stuff you said. You gave yourself a beat down. You're like some type of unaware self-parody.

(23-03-2015 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My psychological need is to believe in things that make sense...is reasonable/logical...and have more explanatory value than other options. I can't say we have the same psychological needs.

The irony of this is not lost on me.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
23-03-2015, 02:01 PM
(23-03-2015 01:57 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You can't stop this Orwellian double-speak, can you?

If there is no time (and is nothing preceding his sitting), how can there be a time when he stands up?

Ask him why a universe could not have existed in a timeless state but the incredibly complex mind that would be required for god can. Make sure you special pleading meter is turned off or it will explode.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-03-2015, 03:42 PM
(23-03-2015 10:44 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 11:08 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah lying shithead blah blah blah

I wish I could be surprised that you ran from the questions but you have chickenshit run from more or less all my other questions so might as well keep the record alive.

That "changing the quote" shit makes you look like a prissy little bitch, you know that, bruh?
23-03-2015, 03:53 PM
(23-03-2015 10:46 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  ? Consider

No... many of your 400 something posts have been simple responses or assertions to previous posts/comments.

All of those simple responses or assertions are either me going on the attack, or defending against attacks and counter-attacking. You can't go wrong either way.

It is kinda like the martial art, Wing Chun, where you simultaneously block/deflect punches and attack at the same time. That is what is going on here. I am blocking, deflecting, trapping, all while attacking at the same time. So when people throw punches, they are only opening the door for a counter attack, because there is a block-attack from every angle that the punch is thrown...so it really doesn't matter how fast the punch is thrown, how hard it is thrown, or from what angle it is thrown.

So, take your best shot Laugh out load

If such a post sticks in your memory then please provide a link to it. If you can only vaguely remember such a post, at least give a pointer to the thread title and possibly the 'range' of which page it might have appeared on.

(23-03-2015 10:46 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  if your comment is so far removed from your memory that you have n idea as to where or what it was about? Yah... it thence must have not been so amazingly wonderful.

Please, feel free to reminisce and point away.

Much cheers to all.

This was kinda funny Laugh out load
23-03-2015, 04:03 PM
(23-03-2015 01:57 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You can't stop this Orwellian double-speak, can you?

It is called simulatenous causation...when he begins to stand, that first instant of motion is simulatenous with the very first instant of time. One did not precede the other..it happened at the same time. So he did stand in time, it was just the very first instant of time, and there was no temporal "before" he began to stand.

(23-03-2015 01:57 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The whole problem with "eternal being" and infinite regress is that you're looking for a way to answer questions about "the first cause". Now, that's cute and all, but you start with things that make sense (cause and effect) and then just start making things up until you feel you've "answered" the question. The problem is, it's purely speculative, and it raises more questions than it answers.

Makes no sense.

(23-03-2015 01:57 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You should probably leave these types of discussion to the grown ups.

Then perhaps I need to leave the forum? Laugh out load

(23-03-2015 01:57 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You made a bunch of stuff up that contradicted the other stuff you said. You gave yourself a beat down. You're like some type of unaware self-parody.

Hey, what I am giving you is knowledge, my friend.
23-03-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm still waiting for a definition of "outside of space and time".

Until an explanation of what that actually means is forthcoming, any claims are baseless.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-03-2015, 05:27 PM
(23-03-2015 03:53 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 10:46 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  ? Consider

All of those simple responses or assertions are either me going on the attack, or defending against attacks and counter-attacking. You can't go wrong either way.

It is kinda like the martial art, Wing Chun, where you simultaneously block/deflect punches and attack at the same time. That is what is going on here. I am blocking, deflecting, trapping, all while attacking at the same time. So when people throw punches, they are only opening the door for a counter attack, because there is a block-attack from every angle that the punch is thrown...so it really doesn't matter how fast the punch is thrown, how hard it is thrown, or from what angle it is thrown.

So, take your best shot Laugh out load
You say this, but can you produce a post that shows an example of a 'K.O.'? It would be nice to see a link to something that you wrote that you think was your best and/or most effective rebuttal.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 1 user Likes Russ's post
23-03-2015, 08:09 PM
(23-03-2015 03:53 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ... Wrote stuff...

So will you be looking for/providing a link to what you think was a good post from you or will you not?

Much cheers to all.