Outside of Space and Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: Outside of Space and Time
(23-03-2015 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Robby...if a man has been sitting perfectly still in a chair for eternity, there was no moments which precedes his sitting....so of course, there could be no moments AFTER he sat...time simply doesn't exist.

So there was no time then (whoops, "then" makes no sense without time) you say? Damn, that would be one short "eternity"! Consider

And, if there was an "after" he sat - beginning with the very first moment in time according to you, then at that very first moment, there was also a "before" which would apply to the time... er, "phase", when there was supposedly no time. Consider

Makes sense? No

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-03-2015, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2015 11:35 AM by DLJ.)
(25-03-2015 08:55 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...
But then again...lets be honest. Is it reasonable to expect you to look through my posts and say "Holy sweet mother of Jesus, he sure did kick a lot of ass!!!"

A snowflake has a better chance in hell.

It would have been reasonable to hope, if not expect.

But I did not browse all your posts looking for arse-kickers, I browsed looking for solid arguments supported by evidence.

I've been on TTA for over three years. I have lost count of the times my personal knowledge-bank has been extended or amended in the face of good research, reason, logic and evidence.

My appreciation goes to ... Bucky, Chas, Chippy, cjlr, Ghost, Girly, GWoG, Hafnof, HouseofCantor, Kim, Mathilda, True Scotsman, and many, many more for knocking down my walls of ignorance.

Bowing

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2015, 06:03 PM
(25-03-2015 11:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'll do both of us a favor and put you on ignore like I almost did when I first encountered you weeks ago. Fucking troll.

What I did a while ago. There is only one other person on my ignorelist and that's WickedClown, and that is the quality of this chucklefucks character as far as I'm concerned. He is equal in morals and intelligence to WC. WC. Let that just sink in.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
25-03-2015, 07:48 PM
(25-03-2015 06:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 11:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'll do both of us a favor and put you on ignore like I almost did when I first encountered you weeks ago. Fucking troll.

What I did a while ago. There is only one other person on my ignorelist and that's WickedClown, and that is the quality of this chucklefucks character as far as I'm concerned. He is equal in morals and intelligence to WC. WC. Let that just sink in.

Fuck, mine has grown to 20 or some odd people (most of whom were banned or no longer post here). But yeah. Friggin WC. That's saying something. I guess they've both made somewhat credible threats IRL... Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
26-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Thumbsup Then that would mean I will have a 0 % chance of my time being wasted after a previous 100% chance before I was placed on your ignore list.
26-03-2015, 09:57 AM
(25-03-2015 12:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  So there was no time then (whoops, "then" makes no sense without time) you say? Damn, that would be one short "eternity"! Consider

You are absolutely 100% correct, Impulse.................hey, wait a minute, I don't recall using the word "then" Dodgy

(25-03-2015 12:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  And, if there was an "after" he sat - beginning with the very first moment in time according to you, then at that very first moment, there was also a "before" which would apply to the time... er, "phase", when there was supposedly no time. Consider

Makes sense? No

The above post is so misinformed that it is almost as if it is misinformed on purpose.
26-03-2015, 10:02 AM
(25-03-2015 03:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It would have been reasonable to hope, if not expect.

But I did not browse all your posts looking for arse-kickers, I browsed looking for solid arguments supported by evidence.

If you didn't find what you were looking for, then maybe you need thicker glasses.

(25-03-2015 03:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've been on TTA for over three years. I have lost count of the times my personal knowledge-bank has been extended or amended in the face of good research, reason, logic and evidence.

My appreciation goes to ... Bucky, Chas, Chippy, Ghost, Girly, GWoG, Hafnof, HouseofCantor, Kim, Mathilda, True Scotsman, and many, many more for knocking down my walls of ignorance.
Bowing

"I just love when a nigga bring his whole crew / its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew a hole through".
26-03-2015, 10:29 AM
So, I'm reading Seth's book, Deconverted ... signed copy Cool ... and was reminded of his four categories of apologists:
1) The Feeler
2) The Theologian
3) The Folklorist
4) The Foot Soldier

I think we have one here who's most definitely in the latter category. All bluster but no substance.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-03-2015, 10:37 AM
(26-03-2015 09:57 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You are absolutely 100% correct, Impulse.................hey, wait a minute, I don't recall using the word "then" Dodgy

"Then" was my word which seems necessary, yet doesn't make sense in your context.

That aside, why am I 100% correct? Consider

(26-03-2015 09:57 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The above post is so misinformed that it is almost as if it is misinformed on purpose.

And yet you offer no explanation. Just a claim that my post is "misinformed". I'm only trying to understand your "logic". If I got it wrong, then please do correct me, but with details that can help me to understand.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
26-03-2015, 10:41 AM
(26-03-2015 10:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  "I just love when a nigga bring his whole crew / its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew a hole through".

This is the part where we're all supposed to go "*gasp*, he used that word!" so you can laugh to yourself and feel somehow bigger for using it.

No gasping here. No shock at all. Just a recognition of how utterly stupid it makes you look and just one more item of that type to add to the ever growing pile. Drinking Beverage