Outside of Space and Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Outside of Space and Time
(06-04-2015 11:23 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ok, so what do you believe regarding evolution, Esq...just cut through the bio-babble and give me a brief summary of what you believe evolution to be.

How can I "cut through the bio-babble" when "bio-babble" is essentially whatever you don't want to understand, or disagree with? You deploy that term to dismiss what people say, not because you have legitimate cause to think it's nonsensical; I've told you what I believe before, I've literally linked to scientific resources explaining it in a great deal of detail, and you called that bio-babble too. I have absolutely no trust that you'll honestly engage with anything I say on this issue, because you haven't any of the other times we've talked about it. Why even bother asking?

And if you're actually attempting to be honest for the first time here, then why not define what "bio-babble" is before I'm supposed to avoid it, just like you would never do when asked to define "kinds"?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Esquilax's post
06-04-2015, 01:40 PM
(06-04-2015 11:37 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  How can I "cut through the bio-babble" when "bio-babble" is essentially whatever you don't want to understand, or disagree with?
I think these guys want to use ignorance as an excuse to maintain their beliefs.
They almost seem proud and boastful in letting you know how ignorant they are.
They think ignorance and occam's razor is the key to maintaining their beliefs.
Perhaps they think god rewards ignorance?

The basics of evolution is very easy to understand. Anyone willing to listen can grasp it. But these guys have their fingers in their ears and are shouting "Not listening, not listening, la la la!"

It's very childish.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
07-04-2015, 12:17 PM
(06-04-2015 11:37 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  How can I "cut through the bio-babble" when "bio-babble" is essentially whatever you don't want to understand, or disagree with?

I understand, I just don't accept.

(06-04-2015 11:37 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  You deploy that term to dismiss what people say, not because you have legitimate cause to think it's nonsensical; I've told you what I believe before, I've literally linked to scientific resources explaining it in a great deal of detail, and you called that bio-babble too. I have absolutely no trust that you'll honestly engage with anything I say on this issue, because you haven't any of the other times we've talked about it. Why even bother asking?

Ultimately, evolution is that reptiles involved in to birds. Now of course, there is more to it than that...but once you take away the fluff and feathers, that is what you believe. Your colleagues on here already admitted that this was the case, so I will let you people fight over what the theory is...I don't care what the theory is, I am saying anything beyond microevolution is pure speculation.

(06-04-2015 11:37 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  And if you're actually attempting to be honest for the first time here, then why not define what "bio-babble" is before I'm supposed to avoid it, just like you would never do when asked to define "kinds"?

Bio: related to biology

Babble: 1. talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.....or....2. the sound of people talking quickly and in a way that is difficult or impossible to understand.

So, what does bio-babble mean? "To talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way regarding the subject of evoltuion".

To be more precise, it is when the evolutionist talk about evolution or biology in a technical way...using all of these technical terms and "big" words...instead of just saying "reptiles evovled into birds".

Kind of like how a magician, while he is performing a magic trick, will talk to the crowd as a way to buy time, or preoccupy their minds, all while a magical trick is occurring right before their eyes.

Just like when I use the word "kind" regarding this subject...I get "oh, "kind" is not defined in biology...and what do you mean by "kind"??? As if the word "kind" is not a technical-enough of a word to use in this context.

Yet, if the evolutionist goes to a pet store, and ask for a turtle, but the clerk brings him out a hamster...the evolutionist would recognize the differences of the "kind" at that point.

It is laughable.
07-04-2015, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 01:50 PM by Stevil.)
(07-04-2015 12:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yet, if the evolutionist goes to a pet store, and ask for a turtle, but the clerk brings him out a hamster...the evolutionist would recognize the differences of the "kind" at that point.

It is laughable.
Is a whale a fish or a mammal?

Is a hippo a fish or a mammal?

Is a platypus (it has a beak) a bird or a mammal?

Is an Antechinus a mouse?

Is a Tasmanian tiger-wolf a dog?

And a bat, what is that?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
08-04-2015, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 12:15 PM by cjlr.)
(06-04-2015 11:37 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 11:23 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ok, so what do you believe regarding evolution, Esq...just cut through the bio-babble and give me a brief summary of what you believe evolution to be.

How can I "cut through the bio-babble" when "bio-babble" is essentially whatever you don't want to understand, or disagree with? You deploy that term to dismiss what people say, not because you have legitimate cause to think it's nonsensical; I've told you what I believe before, I've literally linked to scientific resources explaining it in a great deal of detail, and you called that bio-babble too. I have absolutely no trust that you'll honestly engage with anything I say on this issue, because you haven't any of the other times we've talked about it. Why even bother asking?

And if you're actually attempting to be honest for the first time here, then why not define what "bio-babble" is before I'm supposed to avoid it, just like you would never do when asked to define "kinds"?

As long as keeps up his pathological fear of straight answers, he can pretend that the things he refuses to understand can't be real because he doesn't understand them.

I mean, I can at least see what he's doing, but I can't quite fit my head so far up my own ass as to see why he thinks it's a good idea.

To wit:
(07-04-2015 12:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Bio: related to biology

Babble: 1. talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.....or....2. the sound of people talking quickly and in a way that is difficult or impossible to understand.

So, what does bio-babble mean? "To talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way regarding the subject of evoltuion".

To be more precise, it is when the evolutionist talk about evolution or biology in a technical way...using all of these technical terms and "big" words...instead of just saying "reptiles evovled into birds".

Kind of like how a magician, while he is performing a magic trick, will talk to the crowd as a way to buy time, or preoccupy their minds, all while a magical trick is occurring right before their eyes.

Just like when I use the word "kind" regarding this subject...I get "oh, "kind" is not defined in biology...and what do you mean by "kind"??? As if the word "kind" is not a technical-enough of a word to use in this context.

Yet, if the evolutionist goes to a pet store, and ask for a turtle, but the clerk brings him out a hamster...the evolutionist would recognize the differences of the "kind" at that point.

It is laughable.

It must be so much easier to pretend all the actual substance is just misdirection.

If I refused to listen to any possible explanation as to how it was done, I could refuse to believe that human beings were ever capable of turning flax seeds and iron ore into an airplane, even if I saw someone do it in front of me. Except that would make me a startlingly disingenuous and obstinate idiot. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
08-04-2015, 03:16 PM
(07-04-2015 12:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yet, if the evolutionist goes to a pet store, and ask for a turtle, but the clerk brings him out a hamster...the evolutionist would recognize the differences of the "kind" at that point.
Just like if an 'evolutionist' went into a pet store and asked for a canine, and the clerk brought him a hyena... the 'evolutionist' would say "No thanks, I'm not a cat person."
(Think about it for a few seconds.)

Which 'kind' of animal on Noah's ark did the hyena come from?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
08-04-2015, 07:43 PM
(07-04-2015 12:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
I understand, I just don't accept.

Oh lovely he is still telling this lie is he? Wonderful.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
08-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Oh evolution deniers are my favourite! I have never met or talked to one that actually understood it. Apparently this one is no different.
08-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Well, I simply don't accept things I've not personally witnessed.

Err, except supernatural claims from 2000 year old books of course. You have to make a few assumptions to even be able to function Tongue

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
08-04-2015, 10:24 PM
(07-04-2015 12:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ultimately, evolution is that reptiles involved in to birds. Now of course, there is more to it than that...but once you take away the fluff and feathers, that is what you believe.

So basically, your argument is that if we take away all the details, we're left with a hugely oversimplified, patently silly thing, and therefore... the details never existed and the silly thing is all that remains? You can make absolutely any complex topic look ridiculous if you're forced to sum it up in a single sentence, that doesn't make them any less valid.

Quote:Your colleagues on here already admitted that this was the case, so I will let you people fight over what the theory is...I don't care what the theory is, I am saying anything beyond microevolution is pure speculation.

Why would you say you understand it, if you also say you've got no interest in it beyond your oversimplified strawmen?

Quote:Bio: related to biology

So basically, you don't understand it, therefore it's meaningless. Is your ego truly so big that you don't think there's anything that might escape your immediate comprehension?

Quote:To be more precise, it is when the evolutionist talk about evolution or biology in a technical way...using all of these technical terms and "big" words...instead of just saying "reptiles evovled into birds".

"People who accept evolution keep using big words to accurately reflect the process that they're describing, but I don't like anything that can't be fit on a post-it note, so to cover for my amazing intellectual laziness when it comes to things I don't already agree with, I'm just going to pretend that they aren't saying anything at all until they start speaking in slogans and one sentence apologetics like me!"

Sorry, but your unwillingness to engage with a subject beyond the elementary school level is not a problem with the subject, it's a problem with your lazy ass.

Quote:Just like when I use the word "kind" regarding this subject...I get "oh, "kind" is not defined in biology...and what do you mean by "kind"??? As if the word "kind" is not a technical-enough of a word to use in this context.

It is laughable.

If you don't have a definition, just admit it. If you're ashamed of your definition because it really is simplistic and ridiculous as the examples you're giving for it ("dat looks like dat, so they the sames! Dat uh-uh look like dat, so not a kind!") then just admit that. But your continued evasion in favor of keeping the term as dishonestly vague as possible to avoid actually being held accountable for the things you say is not fooling anyone.
[+] 5 users Like Esquilax's post