Outside of Space and Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2015, 12:16 PM
RE: Outside of Space and Time
(03-05-2012 08:52 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  What exists outside of space and time? Is it possible to be "located" within an area devoid of locations? How does cause and effect work outside of time?

... and how would anything be able to function outside space and time even if it could exist there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-10-2015, 03:47 PM
(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  How can you believe that there is not God in the universe?

There is neither need nor evidence for its existence.

(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  Who do you think created time and space and even you?

No one.

And, I suspect, this will be the only response I bother giving to this thread.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
05-12-2017, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 09:12 AM by DLJ.)
(03-05-2012 08:52 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  What exists outside of space and time? Is it possible to be "located" within an area devoid of locations? How does cause and effect work outside of time?

I don't know. You don't know. Nobody knows. We can guess, but that's the best we can do. Nobody has ever observed a world without space or without time, so we don't have observational evidence. Any scientific test we run will be within both space and time, so there's no way to separate those variables and figure out what would happen without them. We'll just never be sure what a lack of space and time entails.

I love that you take the time to think about stuff like this. What if I could prove what you have been thinking about?? By the way, do you think god would be able to talk to himself? You did mention genesis in your original post right? Do you then understand that that is supposed to convey that god has the power of speaking?? What he says happens?? And then god said?? And that is in its beginning, completely free, and has nothing to do with scientific rules, as they were created by god himself, by speaking?. So was time.. Had you figured that might be possible yet?

I will give you a link here, which is meant as an explanation of what I just wrote. I hope I do not violate the forum rules with some of the things said in those videos. I just wish to explain this.

Here is your proof: Link removed by moderator

Have a nice day everyone!!
05-12-2017, 10:31 AM
(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  Guys come on...
How can you believe that there is not God in the universe?

I do this by means of reason, that's how.

(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  Who do you think created time and space and even you?

I know who created me. They are called parents. But why suppose that time and space haven't always existed?

(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  Who gave you the ability to love and be loved?

Nature.

(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  Who do you think created it all?

This question commits the fallacy of the stolen concept and is invalid.

(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  The only simple answer that makes sense in God.

Except it doesn't make sense. It's a self-contradictory proposition.

(18-10-2015 01:32 AM)Me12345 Wrote:  You may not believe in him but he believes in you
Have a nice day (-;
I can imagine that there is a "god" and that it believes in me, but the imaginary isn't real and doesn't actually exist. As for having a nice day, you can be sure I will, free from the baggage of irrational beliefs inculcated through the destructive mind control program of theism.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
05-12-2017, 10:35 AM
[Image: ThreadNecro.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
05-12-2017, 10:37 AM
(04-05-2012 01:46 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 01:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  You might enjoy this thread Starcrash.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...noggins-on
Yes, it's interesting, but... the universe doesn't appear to have an edge. Think of it like being inside a ball. You could reach the boundary, but at that point you'd just find yourself moving along it and not through it. When the big bang happened, it wasn't just an explosion of matter filling empty space --- the empty space is part of the expanding universe.

It's not like there's some big force field or something holding it all in, it's just that the physical properties that allow us to travel from one place to another would fail to work outside of the universe. The best analogy I can think of is living in a 2D world and trying to get to the 3rd dimension. You can't simply get there by going past the edge of the page. Your physical limitations just wouldn't allow you to ever perceive, measure, or enter the 3rd dimension.

Actually the prevailing thinking is not that it is a "ball".
But yeah it's hard to picture what is actually going on. Because the universe is expanding but expanding in all directions.
That would indicate a round universe intuitively but ......

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
05-12-2017, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 06:54 PM by pablo.)
Yeah, my link was removed in my post man... It showed you the truth. You gonna remove this as well then??

Link Removed

Do you people understand that, IF you are wrong, you are in big fucking trouble??? Do you??? Think about it....
05-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Nah. The link was removed for not following the 30/30 rule.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
05-12-2017, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 05:49 PM by pablo.)
(05-12-2017 10:39 AM)Nobody38 Wrote:  Yeah, my link was removed in my post man... It showed you the truth. You gonna remove this as well then??

Link Removed by Moderator...Again.

Do you people understand that, IF you are wrong, you are in big fucking trouble??? Do you??? Think about it....

But we're not wrong. You're welcome to show how my own reasoning is wrong. I've been inviting theists to do this for over 10 years now and all I ever get is fallacy heaped upon fallacy and then eventually threats like the one you have issued. Those who have reason on their side do not need to resort to threats, but as has been said, faith and force are corollaries. Think about it....

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
05-12-2017, 10:56 AM
(05-12-2017 05:56 AM)Nobody38 Wrote:  I love that you take the time to think about stuff like this. What if I could prove what you have been thinking about??

"proof" starts off with evidence... if you have any it will be a first

Quote:By the way, do you think god would be able to talk to himself? You did mention genesis in your original post right? Do you then understand that that is supposed to convey that god has the power of speaking?? What he says happens?? And then god said??And that is in its beginning, completely free, and has nothing to do with scientific rules, as they were created by god himself, by speaking?. So was time.. Had you figured that might be possible yet?

No. The act of "speaking" requires time and location which means that those things had to have existed already. Even if it were plausible, what difference could it possibly make that he did it by speaking rather than waving his hand or farting? The Great Green Arkleseizure created the universe by sneezing it out.

(05-12-2017 10:39 AM)Nobody38 Wrote:  Yeah, my link was removed in my post man... It showed you the truth. You gonna remove this as well then??

Links are typically removed from all first posts. You need to post a bit first so we can get to know where you are coming from before we trust any links you may want to use.

Quote:Do you people understand that, IF you are wrong, you are in big fucking trouble??? Do you??? Think about it....

Pascal's Wager Laughat

Do you understand that if you are wrong you could be consigned to the muslim hell? Perhaps you will come back as a cockroach. Maybe you will be destined to walk the Earth forever. When the Great White Handkerchief comes you had better be ready!

There are thousands of afterlife concepts and exactly zero evidence for any of them. I worry about things that I have reason to believe in and don't waste a thought on things that are proposed without evidence.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post