Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: Outstanding Arguments from TTA Theists
(09-12-2013 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  oh. u got me. Dodgy

I can do this all day motherfucker. Dodgy

I think we need a "snide" smiley. Rolleyes

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-12-2013, 04:56 PM
(09-12-2013 04:30 PM)kim Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I can do this all day motherfucker. Dodgy

I think we need a "snide" smiley. Rolleyes

YES! We have way too many "smiley" smilies.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
(09-12-2013 04:56 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:30 PM)kim Wrote:  I think we need a "snide" smiley. Rolleyes

YES! We have way too many "smiley" smilies.

[Image: ca131428.gif]
Spoogy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
30-12-2013, 04:55 PM
(30-12-2013 04:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 03:55 PM)Nineteen Wrote:  Justice is more comprehensive concept and includes equality , but equality does not include justice . I will ignore your posts if you continue to ask such meaningless questions . Think about what I mean .

I am happy to accept that 'justice' can encompass 'equality' but only if defined as such.

Once again, I ask the question... politely... regarding actual policy:
What is your view on rights afforded to individuals who are, for example:
Men vs. women
Black vs. white
Gay vs. straight
Believers vs. non-believers.

Are there equal rights for all under your system?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

30-12-2013, 04:57 PM
(30-12-2013 03:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 01:51 PM)Nineteen Wrote:  The first thing , there is no such a thing as being "moderate" muslim . This is not the driving modes of a car and there is no such options as Sport-Comfort-Economy .

Islam is Islam and being muslim would be due to following Islam . For example ; According to islamic rules you will be killed if you kill someone except self defence . The only way not to be executed is to be forgiven by the victim's family . Non muslims thinks that you are the "moderate" muslim if you doesnt apply this rule and you're the extremist if you apply this rule . Nahh , this is wrong . You're the muslim if you apply this rule and you're not muslim if you ignore this rule . Simple .

The powerfull muslim countries should not be servants of European countries and should protect weak muslim countries for the education of muslim communuties . For example Arabia should cut the ties with Usa . Anyway I dont like to speak politics , the backwardnes of muslim countries is based on politics but this will not continue like this . There are promising developments .

Thank you for your reply.

What you say is very troubling.

So if 'moderate' is not the right term, could you please provide the terms you would use for those who are following what you claim to be the corrupted version of Islam vs. your brand of original/un-corrupted Islam?

Thank you.

Maybe you did not understand my question. I will rephrase it:
What are the promising developments of which you write?

Cheers

18-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Asked and dodged three times by the LDS apologist.

(17-01-2014 10:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:36 AM)maklelan Wrote:  I would consider characterizing conversion as "mind-slaving" to be flagrantly and intentionally antagonistic.

I don't think patronizing me is helpful.

Not just brainwashing, but the whole project.

I'm confused. You seem to be taking something personally.

I got the impression from some previous posts that you were actively attempting to change the organisation from within as you seemed to be decrying some of the abuses of trust/authority and claiming that change has been happening.

I was asking for some details about that.

Have I misread you?

21-01-2014, 01:57 PM
(08-12-2013 02:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope, I don't mean outstanding = impressive, I mean that you are still waiting.

I've noticed that question-dodging as an oft-used tactic by some of the less honourable theists on TTA.

It's frustrating, isn't it?

I can understand it to a degree because sometimes the sheer speed and volume of our (atheist) volleys can be daunting and perhaps overwhelming.

But let's not leave these things hanging. Let's see if we can get some closure. At the very least, it's a little house-keeping exercise to tidy up some loose ends.

Please post here, the questions you have posed that are still pending a response.

(No need to reference the earlier thread... we can follow the green arrows).

To kick it off, even though this new thread looks like it might have legs so I might be premature, but I suspect I won't be getting an answer to this one:

(08-12-2013 01:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So which of the 613 Commandments do you agree with?

If they are "commandments" from God agreeing with them is completely irrelevant. I've never taken the time to count the number of commandments so I have no idea if this number is even accurate. You may not even have a clue as to what an actual commandment from God is.

If you really want "this question" answered how about giving an example of a commandment you think is terrible and perhaps you can get an explanation as to why it exists.
21-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Fat Mac reincarnated? Blink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm losing track so I need to just leave this here.

(21-06-2014 06:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 06:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  No.

God defines what sin is.

How do you know...

a) that it is a god defining sin?
b) which god is defining sin?
c) what is being defined as a sin?
d) that you are not being deceived by another god?

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-06-2014, 11:25 AM
(21-01-2014 01:57 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 02:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope, I don't mean outstanding = impressive, I mean that you are still waiting.

I've noticed that question-dodging as an oft-used tactic by some of the less honourable theists on TTA.

It's frustrating, isn't it?

I can understand it to a degree because sometimes the sheer speed and volume of our (atheist) volleys can be daunting and perhaps overwhelming.

But let's not leave these things hanging. Let's see if we can get some closure. At the very least, it's a little house-keeping exercise to tidy up some loose ends.

Please post here, the questions you have posed that are still pending a response.

(No need to reference the earlier thread... we can follow the green arrows).

To kick it off, even though this new thread looks like it might have legs so I might be premature, but I suspect I won't be getting an answer to this one:

If they are "commandments" from God agreeing with them is completely irrelevant. I've never taken the time to count the number of commandments so I have no idea if this number is even accurate. You may not even have a clue as to what an actual commandment from God is.

If you really want "this question" answered how about giving an example of a commandment you think is terrible and perhaps you can get an explanation as to why it exists.

They just come back with a re-dodge. Facepalm

Your religion is a fairytale to me.