Ouzo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Ouzo
My friend was telling me recently that if you drink ouzo that some of it crystallises on your stomach, meaning that when you next drink water the crystals dissolve and you get alcohol to your system again (and drunk again depending on how much you drank in the first place).

This sounds like something that could well be an urban myth to me. Anyone able to clear this one up for me (along with why it's true/bullshit)?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Ouzo
(30-08-2013 10:34 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  My friend was telling me recently that if you drink ouzo that some of it crystallises on your stomach, meaning that when you next drink water the crystals dissolve and you get alcohol to your system again (and drunk again depending on how much you drank in the first place).

This sounds like something that could well be an urban myth to me. Anyone able to clear this one up for me (along with why it's true/bullshit)?

I have had Ouzo on occasion and while it's easy to drink too much of it and end up with a hangover, drinking water the next day most certainly doesn't make you drunk again. BTW the Turkish equivalent of Ouzo is Raki, and same thing with that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2013, 12:36 PM
(30-08-2013 10:34 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  My friend was telling me recently that if you drink ouzo that some of it crystallises on your stomach, meaning that when you next drink water the crystals dissolve and you get alcohol to your system again (and drunk again depending on how much you drank in the first place).

Yeah, I call bullshit. Drinking Beverage

What, exactly, is supposed to crystallize?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Probably that myth was born because Ouzo is a clear liquid, but if you add water it turns milky.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2013, 01:43 PM
[Image: s35.jpg]

Discus Stu's got Ouzo for Two-zo!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.