Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
(18-11-2015 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's easy to spot patriotism and national pride.

What sort of idiot is proud of the the random happenstance of being born in a particular place and time? Did they choose to be born then and there? Was it a feat to do this? And if it was, would they have more reason to be proud of being born somewhere where life isn't so cushy?

"Proud to be American"! I was proud to serve America. Simply being American doesn't impress me in the least .... especially when that American is hunkering down in his bedroom, hiding from some hungry folks fleeing a war-torn country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-11-2015, 10:18 AM
(18-11-2015 10:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's easy to spot patriotism and national pride.

What sort of idiot is proud of the the random happenstance of being born in a particular place and time? Did they choose to be born then and there? Was it a feat to do this? And if it was, would they have more reason to be proud of being born somewhere where life isn't so cushy?

"Proud to be American"! I was proud to serve America. Simply being American doesn't impress me in the least .... especially when that American is hunkering down in his bedroom, hiding from some hungry folks fleeing a war-torn country.

I'm proud to be an American most days, but I hold myself to a higher standard as well as my country.

This week, I have been ashamed by many segments of my country, especially my native state (Tennessee).

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-11-2015, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 10:38 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
If these refugees are such good people, and they are truly the victims here, I say we take all of the guns collected by gun buybacks and police departments and give them to these refugees. Throw them some cheap ammo and tell them to go turn their countries into democracy the old fashioned way. Then they can stay there, the oppressive regime will be gone, the terrorist fighters eliminated and we won't have to pay for them what sense does it make to bring 10,000 here while hundreds of thousands more get slaughtered? A couple million armed refugees can handle business.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 10:37 AM
(18-11-2015 10:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If these refugees are such good people, and they are truly the victims here, I say we take all of the guns collected by gun buybacks and police departments and give them to these refugees. Throw them some cheap ammo and tell them to go turn their countries into democracy the old fashioned way. Then they can stay there, the oppressive regime will be gone, the terrorist fighters eliminated and we won't have to pay for them

Every war has refugees. They can't all fight and won't all fight. Expecting the answer to violence to be "give 'em guns and let them out-violence the terrorists" is capricious and cruel. You sound like Yahweh and his followers. Facepalm

In the event it isn't obvious, the attachment are European refugees from WW2

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-11-2015, 10:37 AM
(18-11-2015 10:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If these refugees are such good people, and they are truly the victims here, I say we take all of the guns collected by gun buybacks and police departments and give them to these refugees. Throw them some cheap ammo and tell them to go turn their countries into democracy the old fashioned way. Then they can stay there, the oppressive regime will be gone, the terrorist fighters eliminated and we won't have to pay for them

Why are you so dumb?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-11-2015, 10:41 AM
(18-11-2015 10:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

Every war has refugees. They can't all fight and won't all fight. Expecting the answer to violence to be "give 'em guns and let them out-violence the terrorists" is capricious and cruel. You sound like Yahweh and his followers. Facepalm

I'd protect my country with violence. Would you? Why won't they? Man up. Kick some ass. Do what you gotta do.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 10:42 AM
(18-11-2015 10:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 10:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Every war has refugees. They can't all fight and won't all fight. Expecting the answer to violence to be "give 'em guns and let them out-violence the terrorists" is capricious and cruel. You sound like Yahweh and his followers. Facepalm

I'd protect my country with violence. Would you? Why won't they? Man up. Kick some ass. Do what you gotta do.

Violence against innocent people makes you a terrorist.

-Rick
Despite the lies of the Conservative Racistpublicans, the United States has a most rigorous refugee vetting process. It takes 18-24 months to be "released into the wild" of the country.

US Department of State Refugee Admissions Program

Quote:United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) is comprised of:
• The Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) of the U.S. Department of State.
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
• The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
• Five international or nongovernmental organizations operating Resettlement Support Centers around the world under the supervision and funding of the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) of the U.S. Department of State
• Nine domestic nongovernmental organizations with a total of about 350 affiliated offices across the United States.
• Thousands of private citizens who volunteer their time and skills to help refugees resettle in the United States.

The total processing time varies depending on an applicant’s location and other circumstances, but the average time from the initial UNHCR referral to arrival as a refugee in the United States is about 18-24 months.

Now where does your xenophobic hysteria go from here? Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
(17-11-2015 09:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  In Australia, we just stick 'em on an island. That is of course not those who fly in with visas....

Tasmania?

BE THE GOD BITCHES! - Bob
18-11-2015, 10:43 AM
(18-11-2015 10:42 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 10:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'd protect my country with violence. Would you? Why won't they? Man up. Kick some ass. Do what you gotta do.

Violence against innocent people makes you a terrorist.

And advocating for these innocent people to go back to certain death to fight, is what I'd call indirect violence.

Have some compassion. Not every answer is "more guns! more death!"

-Rick