Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
When dealing with other countries, the word of the day is xenophobia. But when dealing with other subcultures within one's own country, it's all about how stupid those other people are because they're red/blue, southern, conservative, liberal, whatever. Give me a break. What a bunch of horse shit. I don't think either side of the situation really has any idea what's going on, as usual. Much less, how to solve it. This red/blue groupthink affiliation based divide is getting old. It's all about taking a stance based on which group you're a part of and then trying to make a case for it.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
18-11-2015, 11:00 AM
(18-11-2015 10:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When dealing with other countries, the word of the day is xenophobia. But when dealing with other subcultures within one's own country, it's all about how stupid those other people are because they're red/blue, southern, conservative, liberal, whatever. Give me a break. What a bunch of horse shit. I don't think either side of the situation really has any idea what's going on, as usual. Much less, how to solve it. This red/blue groupthink affiliation based divide is getting old. It's all about taking a stance based on which group you're a part of and then trying to make a case for it.

I'm not sure what point you're making. Did you have a suggestion for progress?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-11-2015, 11:01 AM
(18-11-2015 10:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The number of states refusing to accept Syrian refugees has risen to 31. The majority of Americans do not want these refugees.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/pari...-backlash/

Seriously, this is a huge issue that will cost the Democrats the 2016 election.

States can't refuse to accept them. It is not in their legal authority.

Yes they can. By not directing funds to help with the resettlement, nor helping the federal government in any way, which is totally legal. Without the help of the state, the federal government can do nothing but drop them off, which they won't do.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 11:01 AM
(18-11-2015 10:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When dealing with other countries, the word of the day is xenophobia. But when dealing with other subcultures within one's own country, it's all about how stupid those other people are because they're red/blue, southern, conservative, liberal, whatever. Give me a break. What a bunch of horse shit. I don't think either side of the situation really has any idea what's going on, as usual. Much less, how to solve it. This red/blue groupthink affiliation based divide is getting old. It's all about taking a stance based on which group you're a part of and then trying to make a case for it.

If the word fits...use it.

And it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that there is a political divide over this issue. It happens rather commonly that on one side of the political spectrum there is a higher concentration of xenophobia, bigotry, racism, and ignorance Drinking Beverage And religion.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
18-11-2015, 11:02 AM
(18-11-2015 11:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 10:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  States can't refuse to accept them. It is not in their legal authority.

Yes they can. Buy not directing funds to help with the resettlement, nor helping the federal government in any way, which is totally legal. Without the help of the state, the federal government can do nothing but drop them off, which they won't do.

How very American of them to leave people to die because of their bigotry and ignorance.

(that wasn't sarcasm, it seems to be the norm in some places to be that capricious and callous and evil)

-Rick
18-11-2015, 11:03 AM
(18-11-2015 09:41 AM)yakherder Wrote:  So, since I'm actually planning on going and volunteering my time to welcome and help transition refugees, does that mean you're all going to stop giving me shit for being a white male gun nut, or is it all just rhetoric on both sides for the sake of making a point in a debate and nothing more? Tongue

That's because you ain't afraid of no terrorists. And why should you be? Dispatching them is what you're trained to do. It's the other gun fanatics who seem to be trembling at the thought of some terrorist raping his daughter. Why are they so afraid? I thought that's why they armed themselves in the first place. Arm the malls. Arm the schools. Problem solved.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-11-2015, 11:04 AM
(18-11-2015 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yes they can. Buy not directing funds to help with the resettlement, nor helping the federal government in any way, which is totally legal. Without the help of the state, the federal government can do nothing but drop them off, which they won't do.

How very American of them to leave people to die because of their bigotry and ignorance.

(that wasn't sarcasm, it seems to be the norm in some places to be that capricious and callous and evil)

You are convinced this is a race issue. It isn't.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 11:04 AM
(18-11-2015 11:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

I'm not sure what point you're making. Did you have a suggestion for progress?

Help the refugees, shoot the jihadists in the face. Whether it happens here or over there is irrelevant to me. I did spend some time in a refugee camp ~15 years back, and my memory of it still doesn't sit well with me. That plays a part in my own decision making process. As for everyone else, my suggestion is if you feel that strongly about a cause, act on it. Most of you are more concerned about backing up your liberal/conservative affiliation than you are about finding a way to actually affect some kind of change.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-11-2015, 11:06 AM
(18-11-2015 11:04 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How very American of them to leave people to die because of their bigotry and ignorance.

You are convinced this is a race issue. It isn't.

Did I expressly say at any point that this was a RACE issue? Or are you making shit up? (hint, it's the latter)

This is an ignorance issue. This is a xenophobic issue. This is an issue in our society of being selfish and capricious and mean-spirited towards those viewed as outside of one's group.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-11-2015, 11:07 AM
(18-11-2015 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Seriously, this is a huge issue that will cost the Democrats the 2016 election.

I thought the increase in Obamacare premiums was what was gonna cost the Dems the election. No?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post