Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 02:23 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
According to the UNHCR, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain, are not accepting Syrian refugees. Obviously, they live in the region and understand the danger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaheemKassam/...5479748608

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 02:27 PM
(18-11-2015 01:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And I ask again. Why help 10,000 when the rest are surely to die? Wouldn't the resources be better spent arming them in their home country so they can fight back? If hundreds of thousands or millions will die, aren't we kind of being dicks by allowing only 10,000? We can't take millions. But those millions are a formidable army. They should help themselves.

You're right. Let's examine that idea.

We've got two potential snipers here, maybe three ammo carriers. Or maybe a sniper and a spotter. Either way.
[Image: syria-refugees_zpsbwwlcxr9.jpg]

Wow. Whole lotta potential here. That lady in front looks like she could handle an LMG, once she puts down that massive bundle of clothes and food and stuff.
[Image: 3a75c23cedb54588b2d34300c3ee0e81-3a75c23...5nqunk.jpg]

Perfect example here. Once those woman get rid of the babies, that's a full platoon right there. Rock on!
[Image: What-Syrian-Refugees-Really-Look-Like_zpsokiiqza7.jpg]

What about this little guy? What kind of weapon should he get?
[Image: syrian-refugees_zpscvprywai.jpg]

You're right that we shouldn't help 10,000. We should help many, many more.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 8 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
18-11-2015, 02:50 PM
(18-11-2015 02:27 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 01:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And I ask again. Why help 10,000 when the rest are surely to die? Wouldn't the resources be better spent arming them in their home country so they can fight back? If hundreds of thousands or millions will die, aren't we kind of being dicks by allowing only 10,000? We can't take millions. But those millions are a formidable army. They should help themselves.

You're right. Let's examine that idea.

We've got two potential snipers here, maybe three ammo carriers. Or maybe a sniper and a spotter. Either way.

Wow. Whole lotta potential here. That lady in front looks like she could handle an LMG, once she puts down that massive bundle of clothes and food and stuff.

Perfect example here. Once those woman get rid of the babies, that's a full platoon right there. Rock on!

Nice cherry picking. According to the UN, 21% or so are able bodied males. They can fight. They can stay in their own country. Not our problem. We have enough damn problems. We have enough people taking handouts. We have veterans on the streets.

18-11-2015, 03:00 PM
(18-11-2015 02:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 02:27 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You're right. Let's examine that idea.

Nice cherry picking. According to the UN, 21% or so are able bodied males. They can fight. They can stay in their own country. Not our problem. We have enough damn problems. We have enough people taking handouts. We have veterans on the streets.

What about the other 79%? They can just stay and be slaughtered? "Not our problem"? WTF? We are all part of humanity.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 03:08 PM
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne, Meditation XVII
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 03:10 PM
(18-11-2015 03:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 02:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nice cherry picking. According to the UN, 21% or so are able bodied males. They can fight. They can stay in their own country. Not our problem. We have enough damn problems. We have enough people taking handouts. We have veterans on the streets.

What about the other 79%? They can just stay and be slaughtered? "Not our problem"? WTF? We are all part of humanity.

You're making my point for me. 10,000 refugees saved is nothing. We bring 10,000 and 50 terrorists come with, meanwhile thousands upon thousands die over there. We should be helping the rest win the war, then they'll want to stay in their own country.

18-11-2015, 03:30 PM
(18-11-2015 03:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 03:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What about the other 79%? They can just stay and be slaughtered? "Not our problem"? WTF? We are all part of humanity.

You're making my point for me. 10,000 refugees saved is nothing. We bring 10,000 and 50 terrorists come with, meanwhile thousands upon thousands die over there. We should be helping the rest win the war, then they'll want to stay in their own country.

Bullshit. One refugee saved is something. And we are not alone in this. If 20 countries each take 10,00 refugees (and in reality, many countries are taking more than that), that's a lot of refugees. And this is not a conventional war with clearly-defined sides. Their country is disintegrating. It's a hellhole (and we helped make it one). Why would anyone want to stay there? Your all-or-nothing black-and-white mentality does not match reality.
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 03:49 PM
(18-11-2015 03:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 03:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You're making my point for me. 10,000 refugees saved is nothing. We bring 10,000 and 50 terrorists come with, meanwhile thousands upon thousands die over there. We should be helping the rest win the war, then they'll want to stay in their own country.

Bullshit. One refugee saved is something. And we are not alone in this. If 20 countries each take 10,00 refugees (and in reality, many countries are taking more than that), that's a lot of refugees. And this is not a conventional war with clearly-defined sides. Their country is disintegrating. It's a hellhole (and we helped make it one). Why would anyone want to stay there? Your all-or-nothing black-and-white mentality does not match reality.

Let's get real about this shit.
This is what Darth Purple Helmet Head wants real, live, human people to return to.
This is not politics. This is the heart of humanity we are fighting for.
[Image: Syrians-fleeing--012.jpg?w=1200&...aa61774743]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
18-11-2015, 04:11 PM
New polls out today by Bloomberg show majority of Americans are against Syrian refugee relocation. Only 28% would keep the current system in place. These kind of events are bad for democrats with an election a year away.

18-11-2015, 04:50 PM
(18-11-2015 11:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:11 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  First of all, this has nothing to do with the refugee problem. It is, however, a pet peeve of mine, so I'll indulge myself...

Defining the US into two opposed groups works nicely as a setup for a false dichotomy. There are rabid pro-gun people, rabid anti-gun people and an entire spectrum of folks in between.

Having a gun does not prevent you from being a victim of crime/terrorism. Having a gun allows you an additional option if you become a victim of such. However having a gun also opens up additional responsibilities and dangers. It is not a clear cut answer.

Patriotism can be defined as a love of one's country and I suppose your "group one" could fit that definition.

However Xenophobia is defined as a fear of those who are outsiders, those who are different than yourself. Group one definitely fits that description.

And while I admit that I have not yet researched this, I'm fairly confident that the majority of the gun massacres in the US have been committed by US citizens. With legally obtained weapons.

So we have more to fear from Group One than from refugees...

I think you will find that the majority are committed with illegally obtained firearms.

Citation? I don't think that's right. It probably is the case that most murders are committed with illegal guns. But I'm pretty sure that most of the mass shootings were committed with legal guns.

#sigh