Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
(18-11-2015 04:11 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  New polls out today by Bloomberg show majority of Americans are against Syrian refugee relocation. Only 28% would keep the current system in place. These kind of events are bad for democrats with an election a year away.

OK, so the majority of Americans are cold-hearted cowards who refuse to help others if there's even a hint of danger involved. That definitely does not make me "proud" to be American.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 04:56 PM
(18-11-2015 04:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 04:11 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  New polls out today by Bloomberg show majority of Americans are against Syrian refugee relocation. Only 28% would keep the current system in place. These kind of events are bad for democrats with an election a year away.

OK, so the majority of Americans are cold-hearted cowards who refuse to help others if there's even a hint of danger involved. That definitely does not make me "proud" to be American.

Or maybe they read this: 13% Of Syrian Refugees Support ISIS

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials...t-isis.htm

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 05:02 PM
(18-11-2015 02:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nice cherry picking. According to the UN, 21% or so are able bodied males. They can fight. They can stay in their own country. Not our problem. We have enough damn problems. We have enough people taking handouts. We have veterans on the streets.

Nice cherry picking. According to the State Dept 2% of Syrian refugees in the US are military age males unattached to a family.

#sigh
18-11-2015, 05:03 PM
(18-11-2015 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I think you will find that the majority are committed with illegally obtained firearms.

Citation? I don't think that's right. It probably is the case that most murders are committed with illegal guns. But I'm pretty sure that most of the mass shootings were committed with legal guns.

I have previously investigated this and believe I am correct. I have never investigated murders in general; my guess is that it may be about even. Just a guess.

Note: "Illegal gun" is not accurate. Do you mean the illegal possession of a gun when you say that?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2015, 05:07 PM
(18-11-2015 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 02:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nice cherry picking. According to the UN, 21% or so are able bodied males. They can fight. They can stay in their own country. Not our problem. We have enough damn problems. We have enough people taking handouts. We have veterans on the streets.

Nice cherry picking. According to the State Dept 2% of Syrian refugees in the US are military age males unattached to a family.

I was talking about the % of able bodied males IN Syria that can stay and fight.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-11-2015, 05:07 PM
(18-11-2015 04:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 04:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  OK, so the majority of Americans are cold-hearted cowards who refuse to help others if there's even a hint of danger involved. That definitely does not make me "proud" to be American.

Or maybe they read this: 13% Of Syrian Refugees Support ISIS

OK, you go cower in your basement. I will continue to at least try to be a humanitarian. And I will take some risks in the process. That's life. ISIS thrives on your fear. It's what they count on.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 05:14 PM
(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 04:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Or maybe they read this: 13% Of Syrian Refugees Support ISIS

OK, you go cower in your basement. I will continue to at least try to be a humanitarian. And I will take some risks in the process. That's life. ISIS thrives on your fear. It's what they count on.

I fear nothing. I have 10 years of military experience. The last 4 years after 9/11 as a military police officer specializing in anti-terrorism. I have guns and know how to use them. I won't be cowering anywhere.

But I feel for the unprepared people. The people that walk around with their eyes closed. And my kids in school. My wife at the mall. There will be victims.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-11-2015, 05:14 PM
(18-11-2015 05:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Citation? I don't think that's right. It probably is the case that most murders are committed with illegal guns. But I'm pretty sure that most of the mass shootings were committed with legal guns.

I have previously investigated this and believe I am correct. I have never investigated murders in general; my guess is that it may be about even. Just a guess.

Note: "Illegal gun" is not accurate. Do you mean the illegal possession of a gun when you say that?

I don't know enough about gun laws to answer that. I'm pretty sure the crazy orange-haired theater shooter acquired all of his guns legally. Recall something about the kid who shot up a bunch of black folk praying receiving it as a gift from his old man. Don't know whether it's true or not and even if it is don't know whether that constitutes illegal possession or not. The crazy ass fuck in Newtown used his mother's guns. Again, I don't know whether that constitutes illegal possession or not. If I go hunting with my boys and give them one of my Mossbergs to use does that constitute illegal possession?

#sigh
18-11-2015, 05:21 PM
(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nice cherry picking. According to the State Dept 2% of Syrian refugees in the US are military age males unattached to a family.

I was talking about the % of able bodied males IN Syria that can stay and fight.

They won't be seeking refugee status in the US. First, the paperwork required is onerous as fuck and you gotta be like a lawyer to complete and submit it, you have to really be committed to seek asylum. Second, they're gonna have to wait 2-3 years before their application is approved. Terrorists ain't got that kinda time. They'll miss the party 'cause Apopcalypse gonna be over by then.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-11-2015, 05:25 PM
(18-11-2015 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I was talking about the % of able bodied males IN Syria that can stay and fight.

They won't be seeking refugee status in the US. First, the paperwork required is onerous as fuck and you gotta be like a lawyer to complete and submit it, you have to really be committed to seek asylum. Second, they're gonna have to wait 2-3 years before their application is approved. Terrorists ain't got that kinda time. They'll miss the party 'cause Apopcalypse gonna be over by then.

Well my idea was for those 21% of able bodied male refugees to be given arms, stay in Syria and fight Assad and ISIS. They'd make a sizable army.