Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 05:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
(18-11-2015 05:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  OK, you go cower in your basement. I will continue to at least try to be a humanitarian. And I will take some risks in the process. That's life. ISIS thrives on your fear. It's what they count on.

I fear nothing. I have 10 years of military experience. The last 4 years after 9/11 as a military police officer specializing in anti-terrorism. I have guns and know how to use them. I won't be cowering anywhere.

But I feel for the unprepared people. The people that walk around with their eyes closed. And my kids in school. My wife at the mall. There will be victims.

Arm the schools. Arm the malls. Isn't that what the NRA suggests every time we have a school shooting? Hell I'm pretty sure I can dig up a post or 2 of yours which suggests the same thing. Why are refugees scarier than batshit insane homegrown fucks with an arsenal off their meds? There will be victims.

I'm sure you miss the irony that drips from your absurd inconsistent positions but I don't.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-11-2015, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 05:40 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(18-11-2015 05:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I fear nothing. I have 10 years of military experience. The last 4 years after 9/11 as a military police officer specializing in anti-terrorism. I have guns and know how to use them. I won't be cowering anywhere.

But I feel for the unprepared people. The people that walk around with their eyes closed. And my kids in school. My wife at the mall. There will be victims.

Arm the schools. Arm the malls. Isn't that what the NRA suggests every time we have a school shooting? Hell I'm pretty sure I can dig up a post or 2 of yours which suggests the same thing. Why are refugees scarier than batshit insane homegrown fucks with an arsenal off their meds? There will be victims.

You're not wrong. I've absolutely advocated for armed guards at schools and malls. And more people carrying concealed weapons. We have a homegrown batshit crazy problem. No need to add even more batshit crazy jihadists to our list of worries. And in the polls coming out today, not only in America but Canada and Great Britain too, a majority of people agree with me that these refugees are a bad idea.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-11-2015, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 07:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-11-2015 05:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No need to add even more batshit crazy jihadists to our list of worries.
How many refugee jihadists has the US arrested or killed? In the last 18 months the US has arrested 66 for ISIS-related terror plots. Of those, 6 were refugees and the rest home grown. Those 6 were all arrested for the same single terror plot and they were refugees from Bosnia.

I really despise motherfucking fear-mongering. It's one of the most patronizing things I can think of. I am not some child who will reflexively respond to your "Oh my, oh my GOD, the world's gonna end!" with "Oh my God! We all gonna die!" in a fetal position in the corner. My wife will kick your ass. I would suggest that you serve penance by:

Just stick 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-11-2015, 06:39 PM
(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nice cherry picking. According to the State Dept 2% of Syrian refugees in the US are military age males unattached to a family.

I was talking about the % of able bodied males IN Syria that can stay and fight.

Bullshit. You posted that in reference to the 10,000 refugees number.

(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But I feel for the unprepared people. The people that walk around with their eyes closed. And my kids in school. My wife at the mall. There will be victims.

There already are victims. They just look different than you, dress different and come from a different part of the world.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
18-11-2015, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 06:55 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(18-11-2015 06:39 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I was talking about the % of able bodied males IN Syria that can stay and fight.

Bullshit. You posted that in reference to the 10,000 refugees number.

(18-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But I feel for the unprepared people. The people that walk around with their eyes closed. And my kids in school. My wife at the mall. There will be victims.

There already are victims. They just look different than you, dress different and come from a different part of the world.

Read it again. The 21% refers to the % of male Syrian refugees that are adults (not elderly) currently in Syria, according to the UN. This is not the % of male refugees in the group of 10,000 slated to come here. I said 21% will make a sizable army. If I was referring to the 10,000, 21% would be one small army dude.

(18-11-2015 02:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nice cherry picking. According to the UN, 21% or so are able bodied males. They can fight. They can stay in their own country. Not our problem. We have enough damn problems. We have enough people taking handouts. We have veterans on the streets.

18-11-2015, 06:56 PM
(18-11-2015 05:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They won't be seeking refugee status in the US. First, the paperwork required is onerous as fuck and you gotta be like a lawyer to complete and submit it, you have to really be committed to seek asylum. Second, they're gonna have to wait 2-3 years before their application is approved. Terrorists ain't got that kinda time. They'll miss the party 'cause Apopcalypse gonna be over by then.

Well my idea was for those 21% of able bodied male refugees to be given arms, stay in Syria and fight Assad and ISIS. They'd make a sizable army.

So you like the US's current approach of arming these folks, these rebel bands against Assad and potentially against ISIS as well. If they succeed, then what?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-11-2015, 07:00 PM
(18-11-2015 06:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Well my idea was for those 21% of able bodied male refugees to be given arms, stay in Syria and fight Assad and ISIS. They'd make a sizable army.

So you like the US's current approach of arming these folks, these rebel bands against Assad and potentially against ISIS as well. If they succeed, then what?

Fuck if I know. Become a democracy? Fix their country with their new found freedom and oil wealth?

18-11-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't mind if old people, women with children come here. All able men should go back to Syria and fight for their country. When Nazi occupied the USSR, old people, women and children were evacuated to safe places. All men were defending their country.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I also don't believe Obama that they can do back ground check. I just don't believe him. I don't trust him.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-11-2015, 09:05 PM
(18-11-2015 08:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  I also don't believe Obama that they can do back ground check. I just don't believe him. I don't trust him.

Not without human intelligence capabilities on the ground, no. Without that, everything from our background investigations to our air strikes is pretty much a shot in the dark. It's all gonna be about interviews and sponsorships. If the Syrian government were to cooperate we could theoretically at least do a criminal background check, but I don't imagine Assad gives a fuck about America's refugee concerns in the midst of a civil war being waged. Especially considering that the ones leaving are probably least likely to be loyal to the Syrian government.

'Murican Canadian