Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
(20-11-2015 11:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I find many ex military tend to be unable to leave their fear and mistrust in the past too.

*edit* which I can understand to a degree.

I can agree with this. I knew WW2 vets that hated "japs" until the day they died. When a group of people try to kill you repeatedly for years, and you see their barbarism over and over, you look at people that want to coddle them like they must be insane. It doesn't compute in my brain, why anyone would want to bring that here. The risk is to great.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2015, 12:06 PM
(20-11-2015 12:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I find many ex military tend to be unable to leave their fear and mistrust in the past too.

*edit* which I can understand to a degree.

I can agree with this. I knew WW2 vets that hated "japs" until the day they died. When a group of people try to kill you repeatedly for years, and you see their barbarism over and over, you look at people that want to coddle them like they must be insane.

But can you see where this type of past can affect how they see these refugees?

Maybe my never having seen the violence colors my views but maybe the other side is affected in the same kind of manner.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
20-11-2015, 12:10 PM
(17-11-2015 11:53 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I want to give you a whole bag of apples, but one of those apples is full of poison....wont tell you which one it is. Still want the apples?

Will a team of experts spend 18-24 months minimum "vetting" the apples before you give me the bag? If yes then I'm not overly concerned.
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post
20-11-2015, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 12:19 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(20-11-2015 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I can agree with this. I knew WW2 vets that hated "japs" until the day they died. When a group of people try to kill you repeatedly for years, and you see their barbarism over and over, you look at people that want to coddle them like they must be insane.

But can you see where this type of past can affect how they see these refugees?

Maybe my never having seen the violence colors my views but maybe the other side is affected in the same kind of manner.

It's easy when it isn't HERE. It's so far away. Radical jihadists blowing themselves up taking people with them. Shooting innocents. Taking over hotels and killing everyone inside (unfolding right now in Mali, 27 dead at last count).

When it happens here, and it will, it will be like 9/11 all over again. 80% of the country will support removing all Muslims from the country. Republicans will dominate elections. Some people here that support the refugees will change their mind, at least while the wound is fresh, and ask themselves how they were so naive.

But I've seen it. The body parts. The blood. The killing fields of the beheaded. They will bring it here. To Anytown, USA. Just like Paris.

20-11-2015, 12:24 PM
(20-11-2015 11:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  But they are all anti-american cowards, you included.

The only anti-american people are liberals.

I'm sorry but I consider myself to be mostly liberal. I find that tone to be very insulting. I'm not at all anti-American. I believe this country is a wonderful place to live. Yes we have our flaws. Show me any country that's perfect.

I just don't think we should make knee-jerk decisions that are motivated by fear.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 12:25 PM
(19-11-2015 03:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 12:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  Of course there were men who deserted. They hated Communists like Sanders. So, all these young strong men from Syria should do the right thing. They have to go back and fight.

Sanders is not a Communist - stop lying.

The rest of your post is a non sequitur.

you are delusional Drinking Beverage

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-11-2015, 12:29 PM
(20-11-2015 12:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But can you see where this type of past can affect how they see these refugees?

It's easy when it isn't HERE. It's so far away. Radical jihadists blowing themselves up taking people with them. Shooting innocents. Taking over hotels and killing everyone inside (unfolding right now in Mali, 27 dead at last count).

When it happens here, and it will, it will be like 9/11 all over again. 80% of the country will support removing all Muslims from the country. Republicans will dominate elections. Some people here that support the refugees will change their mind, at least while the wound is fresh, and ask themselves how they were so naive.

But I've seen it. The body parts. The blood. The killing fields of the beheaded. They will bring it here. To Anytown, USA. Just like Paris.

I get that you've seen it. But you're proposing a zenophobic approach.

Because "they" could come from any country.

And the "innocents" you spoke of, we shouldn't take them in because?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 12:34 PM
(20-11-2015 12:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's easy when it isn't HERE. It's so far away. Radical jihadists blowing themselves up taking people with them. Shooting innocents. Taking over hotels and killing everyone inside (unfolding right now in Mali, 27 dead at last count).

And the "innocents" you spoke of, we shouldn't take them in because?

Because of Paris. The mastermind was not from France. He snuck in posing as a refugee (according to the French prime minister) and recruited local french Muslims. There is no way to properly check out these refugees. The refugees are probably good people (mostly, I'd hope), but there's no way to know what's in their heart. They could say anything to get here. It will only take a few. Just like Paris. And Americans will die. It's best to help them in their own country.

20-11-2015, 12:35 PM
If someone is on a list of known terrorists, they are not getting into this country by any legal method. If they are not on such a list (or even if they are, and they're using an alias to get around that), they can get in much more quickly and easily on a temporary visa than they can as refugees. If you insist on being afraid, be afraid of that. Any terrorist with half a brain is not going to waste his time trying to come in as a refugee.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-11-2015, 12:43 PM
(20-11-2015 12:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But can you see where this type of past can affect how they see these refugees?

So america should not take them then? You know why they need to come to america? America fucking up the middle east and causing the spawn of isis. So why can't america help them for something it ultimately had a part in them needing to leave?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post