Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
I am a proud liberal. We obviously need checks when letting in anyone, but I refuse to become a xenophobic coward. That would be unamerican.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
20-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Instead of making all taxpayers foot the bill for these refugees, I think we should allow individual Americans apply to adopt refugees. Let's see how many of these bleeding heart liberals take them in and let them sleep in bedrooms next to their own children. Nighty night little Joey, sleep tight, Ahmed is in the next room over.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
20-11-2015, 12:51 PM
(20-11-2015 12:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Instead of making all taxpayers foot the bill for these refugees, I think we should allow individual Americans apply to adopt refugees. Let's see how many of these bleeding heart liberals take them in and let them sleep in bedrooms next to their own children. Nighty night little Joey, sleep tight, Ahmed is in the next room over.
Let me think Consider
Oh, I know how many. BIG FAT ZERO.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-11-2015, 12:53 PM
(20-11-2015 12:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Instead of making all taxpayers foot the bill for these refugees, I think we should allow individual Americans apply to adopt refugees. Let's see how many of these bleeding heart liberals take them in and let them sleep in bedrooms next to their own children. Nighty night little Joey, sleep tight, Ahmed is in the next room over.

No, give them their own homes and jobs.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-11-2015, 12:55 PM
I'd help them get an education too so they could work on a better life for their families....I'm unamerican like that.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
20-11-2015, 12:58 PM
(20-11-2015 12:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And the "innocents" you spoke of, we shouldn't take them in because?

Because of Paris. The mastermind was not from France. He snuck in posing as a refugee (according to the French prime minister) and recruited local french Muslims. There is no way to properly check out these refugees. The refugees are probably good people (mostly, I'd hope), but there's no way to know what's in their heart. They could say anything to get here. It will only take a few. Just like Paris. And Americans will die. It's best to help them in their own country.

Wasn't that the same guy who bragged about traveling between Syria and Europe multiple times? Obviously he had means if he did it more than once.

How can we be certain about anyone who gets in?

You also didn't answer the question about the "innocents" terrorized by those people? What happens to them?

Do you think their lives aren't important enough to warrant help?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 01:00 PM
(20-11-2015 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Because of Paris. The mastermind was not from France. He snuck in posing as a refugee (according to the French prime minister) and recruited local french Muslims. There is no way to properly check out these refugees. The refugees are probably good people (mostly, I'd hope), but there's no way to know what's in their heart. They could say anything to get here. It will only take a few. Just like Paris. And Americans will die. It's best to help them in their own country.

Wasn't that the same guy who bragged about traveling between Syria and Europe multiple times? Obviously he had means if he did it more than once.

You also didn't answer the question about the "innocents" terrorized by those people? What happens to them?

They aren't christian and have dark skin. Who cares what happens to them.

They also have scary different sounding names Moms.....evil
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
20-11-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 01:06 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(20-11-2015 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Because of Paris. The mastermind was not from France. He snuck in posing as a refugee (according to the French prime minister) and recruited local french Muslims. There is no way to properly check out these refugees. The refugees are probably good people (mostly, I'd hope), but there's no way to know what's in their heart. They could say anything to get here. It will only take a few. Just like Paris. And Americans will die. It's best to help them in their own country.

I did answer in the last line of my post. "It's best to help them in their own country." If we're going to continue being the world police, we can't just take everyone into America. We need to arm them and let them fight their own battles. According to the UN, half of the population of Syria has fled. That's a big fucking army of people. Give even 10% of them arms and they wipe out Assad and ISIS themselves. Instead, we take 10,000 and let the rest die or suffer in a shitty country. If the refugees are the good people, help them revolt and start a good country of their own. What would Americans do if someone like Assad came to power? We'd kill him within a week.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Regardless of the solution we go with, there will be a resource cost. Whether we provide for refugees directly, deploy to attack the problem at its roots, or do nothing and let the situation lead to increased resource instability, we're gonna pay for it. There's no getting out of that. One way or another, problems require resource expenditure in order to be solved.

That said, I think you might be surprised how much the community is chipping in. Real estate developers are putting commercial projects on hold to donate apartment complexes in the midst of renovation, unused schools, etc. as temporary refugee housing, and at great expense to themselves. Organizations like YMCA are doing the same.

Yeah, most people won't do anything. That's the same for both sides of the political scale, and for just about any major issue that comes up. Liberal or conservative, most people are much better at running their mouths than they are at actually taking action.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
20-11-2015, 01:28 PM
(20-11-2015 10:55 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 10:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  At the time we were living in Tennessee (your home State) and we were the only Latin family in the county

Just to clarify, Tennessee was where I happened to be reading about. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, serving in the Vermont National Guard, and living in Canada Smile

I stand corrected. Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce