Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
(20-11-2015 12:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Instead of making all taxpayers foot the bill for these refugees, I think we should allow individual Americans apply to adopt refugees. Let's see how many of these bleeding heart liberals take them in and let them sleep in bedrooms next to their own children. Nighty night little Joey, sleep tight, Ahmed is in the next room over.

Not long after my family emigrated to the US in 1960 the Vietnam war broke out. In 1971, and to my parent's credit, they helped sponsor a Vietnamese family by donating, money, food, clothes and teaching them English. The community came together to help these people in their time of need.

I don't think you give enough credit to the American public.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-11-2015, 01:40 PM
(20-11-2015 12:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Instead of making all taxpayers foot the bill for these refugees, I think we should allow individual Americans apply to adopt refugees. Let's see how many of these bleeding heart liberals take them in and let them sleep in bedrooms next to their own children. Nighty night little Joey, sleep tight, Ahmed is in the next room over.

When all you have to sell is fear, you have to gussy it up very well.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-11-2015, 01:43 PM
(20-11-2015 01:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wasn't that the same guy who bragged about traveling between Syria and Europe multiple times? Obviously he had means if he did it more than once.

How can we be certain about anyone who gets in?

You also didn't answer the question about the "innocents" terrorized by those people? What happens to them?

Do you think their lives aren't important enough to warrant help?

I did answer in the last line of my post. "It's best to help them in their own country." If we're going to continue being the world police, we can't just take everyone into America. We need to arm them and let them fight their own battles. According to the UN, half of the population of Syria has fled. That's a big fucking army of people. Give even 10% of them arms and they wipe out Assad and ISIS themselves. Instead, we take 10,000 and let the rest die or suffer in a shitty country. If the refugees are the good people, help them revolt and start a good country of their own. What would Americans do if someone like Assad came to power? We'd kill him within a week.

It appears to me that you are suffering from a severe case of I'vegotmine disease, you need to have that looked at.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-11-2015, 01:51 PM
(20-11-2015 01:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Not long after my family emigrated to the US in 1960 the Vietnam war broke out. In 1971, and to my parent's credit, they helped sponsor a Vietnamese family by donating, money, food, clothes and teaching them English. The community came together to help these people in their time of need.

Vietnamese are known for violent jihad against Americans. Said no one ever.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-11-2015, 01:56 PM
(20-11-2015 01:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 01:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not long after my family emigrated to the US in 1960 the Vietnam war broke out. In 1971, and to my parent's credit, they helped sponsor a Vietnamese family by donating, money, food, clothes and teaching them English. The community came together to help these people in their time of need.

Vietnamese are known for violent jihad against Americans. Said no one ever.

Well no jihad, but the still had that mentality about people from communists countrys.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-11-2015, 02:01 PM
My state, Colorado, has said it will take refugees and I'm fine with that. I figure the refugees are probably better people than the Republicans we have. I also have a word of advice for you chickenshits who don't want them, -- stay the fuck out of Colorado. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post
20-11-2015, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 05:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-11-2015 11:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Right. This "coward" did 10 years in the military, 3 in a war zone. The only anti-american people are liberals.

This Marine would like to tell you what it means to be an American. You do not live up to it. You are anti-American.

(20-11-2015 11:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Most of the Democrats I knew in the service took admin jobs or were cooks. Very few took jobs with risk.

I'm so embarrassed that my MOS was Nuclear Power Machinist Mate. So very very ashamed. Blush ... What was yours again?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-11-2015, 05:06 PM

Bleeding heart fatass liberal Michael Moore is willing to open up his house in Michigan to a Syrian refugee family because Governor Dick Snyder don't get to decide what Michael Moore does with his property.

Dear Gov. Snyder:
I just wanted to let you know that, contrary to your declaration of denying Syrian refugees a home in our state of Michigan, I myself am going to defy your ban and will offer MY home in Traverse City, Michigan, to those very Syrian refugees you've decided to keep out. I will contact the State Department to let them know I am happy to provide a safe haven to any Syrian refugee couple approved by the Obama administration's vetting procedures in which I have full faith and trust.
Your action is not only disgraceful, it is, as you know, unconstitutional (only the President has the legal right to decide things like this).

What you've done is anti-American. This is not who we are supposed to be. We are, for better and for worse, a nation of descendants of three groups: slaves from Africa who were brought here in chains and then forced to provide trillions of dollars of free labor to build this country; native peoples who were mostly exterminated by white Christians through acts of mass genocide; and immigrants from EVERYWHERE around the globe. In Michigan we are fortunate to count amongst us tens of thousands of Arab and Muslim Americans.

I'm disappointed in you, Governor Snyder, for your heartless and un-Christian actions, and for joining in with at least 25 other governors (all but one a Republican) who've decided to block legal Syrian refugees from coming into their states. Fortunately I'm an American and not a Republican.
Governor, count me out of whatever you think it means to be a Michigander. I look forward to welcoming Syrians to my home and I wholeheartedly encourage other Americans to do the same.

Michael Moore

P.S. By the way, my 700-sq. ft. apartment in northern Michigan is a little small, but it's got cable, wi-fi and a new dishwasher! Also, no haters live on my floor! Stop by any time for a hot chocolate this winter.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-11-2015, 05:07 PM
(20-11-2015 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Right. This "coward" did 10 years in the military, 3 in a war zone. The only anti-american people are liberals.

This Marine would like to tell you what it means to be an American. You do not live up to it. You are anti-American.

(20-11-2015 11:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Most of the Democrats I knew in the service took admin jobs or were cooks. Very few took jobs with risk.

I'm so embarrassed that my MOS was Nuclear Power Machinist Mate. So very embarrassed. Blush

Everyone has their own opinion. I could easily find former Navy SEALS that disagree with that "marine." The majority of marines would disagree with him as well. In fact I'd say his opinion is in the minority among marines, both active and vets.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-11-2015, 05:21 PM
(20-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I could easily find former Navy SEALS that disagree with that "marine."

Please do since it's so easy for you. I work alongside a number of retired SEALs that we contract as SMEs. They don't talk anything like you. They talk a lot like HeWhoIsResponsibleForTheYakButter. "I don't kill them unless they deserve it. I take no joy in it. It's my job not my hobby."

(20-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The majority of marines would disagree with him as well. In fact I'd say his opinion is in the minority among marines, both active and vets.

I didn't realize that you were in a position to speak for the majority of Marines. Hell, you weren't even a Marine. I hope you cleared it with them first. Calling Marine Cpt DeLisle. Please weigh in on if HelmetInTheDarkOfIgnorance speaks for you. .

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post