Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
(20-11-2015 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I could easily find former Navy SEALS that disagree with that "marine."

Please do since it's so easy for you. I work alongside a number of retired SEALs that we contract as SMEs. They don't talk anything like you. They talk a lot like HeWhoIsResponsibleForTheYakButter. "I don't kill them unless they deserve it. I take no joy in it. It's my job not my hobby."

(20-11-2015 05:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The majority of marines would disagree with him as well. In fact I'd say his opinion is in the minority among marines, both active and vets.

I didn't realize that you were in a position to speak for the majority of Marines. Hell, you weren't even a Marine. I hope you cleared it with them first. Calling Marine Cpt DeLisle. Please weigh in on if HelmetInTheDarkOfIgnorance speaks for you. .

I went on Facebook and saw that this Phil Klay guy was "trending." After reading the articles and looking at the comments associated with the articles, I'd say about 75% of the veterans that commented said the guy was an idiot. There were more that agreed with him than I imagined though. Although these articles were mostly in liberal rags so one could expect a higher % of people agreeing with him.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2015, 06:24 PM
I see two possible extremes.

1. I help some people and feel all warm and fuzzy.

2. Millions of terrorists slip in and I get to have my guerrilla war fantasy. It's a win win situation really.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
20-11-2015, 06:26 PM
(20-11-2015 06:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I see two possible extremes.

1. I help some people and feel all warm and fuzzy.

2. Millions of terrorists slip in and I get to have my guerrilla war fantasy. It's a win win situation really.

I have this image of a cartoonish wave of cartoon Terroists flooding a gate. Lol
20-11-2015, 06:56 PM
(20-11-2015 01:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 12:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Instead of making all taxpayers foot the bill for these refugees, I think we should allow individual Americans apply to adopt refugees. Let's see how many of these bleeding heart liberals take them in and let them sleep in bedrooms next to their own children. Nighty night little Joey, sleep tight, Ahmed is in the next room over.

Not long after my family emigrated to the US in 1960 the Vietnam war broke out. In 1971, and to my parent's credit, they helped sponsor a Vietnamese family by donating, money, food, clothes and teaching them English. The community came together to help these people in their time of need.

I don't think you give enough credit to the American public.

We have a refugee resettlement program in our town. It is not a metropolis that people can disappear into, so as the new populations come into town, you do see them and take note be they Sudanese or Somalian or Bosnian or Bhutanese. It has been great to see these people come here and strive for the American dream as I routinely see their sons and daughters in my classes. There are local families that sponsor these refugees and the community volunteers time and resources to them. My wife and I have contributed furniture and clothes to several families and the local organization accepts donations. The community supports these refugees and in turn, they enrich the community. They have provided for a great opportunity to teach my oldest daughter (the younger one is just a baby) that although these people may look and dress differently than we do, that they want the same things we do. One of the greatest memories I have is of a time when my daughter and I went sledding and this Bosnian boy offered to share a ride on his inner tube with my daughter, what fun they had. We also see them at the local farmer's market filling the air with the wonderful smell of their ethnic food. My daughter in particular, has grown to love the samosas that a Somalian group sells. I am would be happy to take Syrian refugees into our community.
[+] 5 users Like Iñigo's post
20-11-2015, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-11-2015 05:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  After reading the articles and looking at the comments associated with the articles, I'd say about 75% of the veterans that commented said the guy was an idiot.

What's your read on those veterans who didn't comment?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-11-2015, 08:29 PM
(20-11-2015 05:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Please do since it's so easy for you. I work alongside a number of retired SEALs that we contract as SMEs. They don't talk anything like you. They talk a lot like HeWhoIsResponsibleForTheYakButter. "I don't kill them unless they deserve it. I take no joy in it. It's my job not my hobby."

I didn't realize that you were in a position to speak for the majority of Marines. Hell, you weren't even a Marine. I hope you cleared it with them first. Calling Marine Cpt DeLisle. Please weigh in on if HelmetInTheDarkOfIgnorance speaks for you. .

I went on Facebook and saw that this Phil Klay guy was "trending." After reading the articles and looking at the comments associated with the articles, I'd say about 75% of the veterans that commented said the guy was an idiot. There were more that agreed with him than I imagined though. Although these articles were mostly in liberal rags so one could expect a higher % of people agreeing with him.

Facepalm

Facebook?! The place where critical thinking has gone by the way of the cat meme? Where if you don't like and share something about how great life in this country was in the days before the polio vaccine?

You base your opinion on what's said on Facebook is like saying you judge all young people by what they post on 4Chan or YouTube comments.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 08:34 PM
(20-11-2015 12:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sanders is not a Communist - stop lying.

The rest of your post is a non sequitur.

you are delusional Drinking Beverage

That is hilarious coming from you. Facepalm

And it is a completely inapt response.

You sound like an artificial intelligence app. whose algorithm is rote and repetition.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-11-2015, 08:36 PM
I see two possibilities:

1. We throw all Muslims into internment camps or

2. We properly vet these people and try to walk the talk (i.e. America is the greatest country in the world, we are a nation of immigrants, it our diversity that makes us strong, Give us you huddled masses and all that crap Dodgy )

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-11-2015, 09:18 PM
(20-11-2015 01:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 01:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not long after my family emigrated to the US in 1960 the Vietnam war broke out. In 1971, and to my parent's credit, they helped sponsor a Vietnamese family by donating, money, food, clothes and teaching them English. The community came together to help these people in their time of need.

I don't think you give enough credit to the American public.

Vietnamese are known for violent jihad against Americans. Said no one ever.

Strawman, nice dodge.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/20/politics/p...sa-waiver/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-11-2015, 09:21 PM
(20-11-2015 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  We throw all Muslims into internment camps....

We tried that with Japanese immigrants and Americans of Japanese descent during WWII. Things didn't work out too well.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky