Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Over half of U.S. states rejecting refugees
I think apple pie is English.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 08:34 AM
(18-11-2015 08:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I can tell the difference between Democrats and Republicans on my street just by looking at the front of their homes. My Republican neighbors have American flags flying. A few even have giant flag poles set into the middle of their lawn. My wife and I actually took note on a walk one evening. If vehicles in the driveway had stickers on them supporting Obama 2012, Bernie 2016 or Hillary 2016, not one home had an American flag flying. But almost all of the people around my neighborhood with a Republican candidate sticker on their vehicle also had an American flag flying on their property.

Patriotic.

Flying flags Rolleyes what could be more patriotic than that? As American as apple pie.

It's easy to spot patriotism and national pride. Democrats are less likely to display it, or feel it. Republicans and southerners are much more enthusiastic about being an American and are more likely to display it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183911/smalle...rican.aspx

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
18-11-2015, 08:44 AM
(18-11-2015 08:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson

Of course he'd feel that way. He's British, and lived during the time some patriots kicked some British ass.

18-11-2015, 08:45 AM
(17-11-2015 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 05:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Well, an analogy can only go so far, but the basic concept is the same -- you're refusing to help a whole bunch of people who need help because there might be a few bad apples in the bunch. And you can't stop the homicidal maniacs anyway. They have other ways of getting here.

I don't want to become the sort of person I would have to be to refuse legitimate refugees because I'm afraid of ISIS. I'm more afraid of that than I am of them.

I was just pointing out that it wasn't such a good analogy as it didn't involve any risk.

Maybe a more apt simile is that it's like banning all guns because some small number of people misuse them. Drinking Beverage

Yes, that is a better analogy. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Blush
18-11-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm cosidered unpatriotic because I don't fly a flag and don't want to discriminate against a bunch of people. Call me unamerican then.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
18-11-2015, 08:49 AM
(18-11-2015 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Flying flags Rolleyes what could be more patriotic than that? As American as apple pie.

It's easy to spot patriotism and national pride. Democrats are less likely to display it, or feel it. Republicans and southerners are much more enthusiastic about being an American and are more likely to display it.

Proud of being American or publicly displaying their flags and so forth to claim that their particular way of thinking is *more* American, *better* American, than the guy who doesn't do such ridiculous posturing?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-11-2015, 08:50 AM
(18-11-2015 08:21 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:11 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  And while I admit that I have not yet researched this, I'm fairly confident that the majority of the gun massacres in the US have been committed by US citizens. With legally obtained weapons.

9/11, the Boston bombing.....

Neither of those were gun massacres. Just sayin'.

Smile
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 08:52 AM
(18-11-2015 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Flying flags Rolleyes what could be more patriotic than that? As American as apple pie.

I am glad to be American, but it strikes me as an odd thing to be proud of. It's an accident of birth, not an accomplishment.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2015, 08:57 AM
(18-11-2015 08:46 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm cosidered unpatriotic because I don't fly a flag and don't want to discriminate against a bunch of people. Call me unamerican then.

The definition of discrimination is "make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age."

We're talking about keeping out potential terrorists. This has nothing to do with their race. There are white jihadists, black jihadists, brown jihadists. We have no way to know if jihadists are sneaking through with these refugees. So we want all refugee relocations to be immediately halted. That's not discrimination. That's common sense.