Over-simplify vs. Over-complicate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2011, 08:01 AM

RE: Over-simplify vs. Over-complicate
(25-10-2011 06:03 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Is this really that hard to figure out?
here's how I look at it.

Hamata, I am afraid you just over-simplified my over-complication! Big Grin

On the other hand, you could respond to the points I made and the issues I brought up?
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2011, 08:26 AM
where's the fun in that? It's too simple to simply respond t the provided questions. Now if one makes things more complicated by not over-simplifying things, does one not answer the question provided by over-complicating things?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2011, 03:23 PM
If there was a formula for an ultimate world of peace and prosperity.....

Love (in every infinite inert meaning)= World of peace.

Fear(in every infifnite inert meaning) = World of hate.

For those fortunate to have felt love and have some understanding of it this would make perfect sense.

In a world made up of infinite potentials there is no reason to say why we couldnt achieve this equasion.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-10-2011, 07:13 PM
(19-10-2011 03:18 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I have been accused in the past of ‘over-simplifying’. My usual response is: “no, I do not over-simplify — you over-complicate”. Which only proves that everything is relative.

However, basic concepts our lives depend on are very simple. Birth, death, procreation, family, food, clothing, shelter, co-operation, competition, love, hate, -- you know what I mean.

It is possible to build a very complex civilization on top of our simple basic needs, but NOTHING will change our basic needs for survival.

Often in History people have lost sight of the basic necessities and allowed the self-created complexity of their human constructs to destroy their simple needs. Needs that determine whether we live or die, whether we are happy or miserable.

On the other hand, often I find myself irritated by simplistic arguments when debating very complex issues. The “Adversarial ‘Justice’ System” thread is a good example.

I think this curious and uniquely human (animals don’t do it) contradiction deserves a thread of its own. I would like to get some feedback from people on where we should draw the line between Over-simplification and Over-complication?

I agree the basic concepts of Birth, death, procreation, family, food, and shelter are simple... but in the opposite scope is the only way I see the executions of co-operation, competition, love, and hate being taking into account by people. Interactions that depend on numerous minds in some sort of connection don't seem that effective without depth.

Yet it really is relative to who is looking at it and how they feel. Overall the best course of thought is usually moderation when one is trying to establish ease.