Poll: Do you believe the atheist sex survey is legitimate, or a ploy?
it's legit
yea, this is a scheme
[Show Results]

Over ten thousand atheists surveyed???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Over ten thousand atheists surveyed???
. . .And of course, it was revealed that atheists enjoy sex more than when they believed in God, and subsequently, conforming to religious ideology.

This has to be corrupt.
Quote:Why This Research is Important
The Sex and Secularism survey report is out. We have worked hundreds of hours analyzing the data and writing and rewriting the report, going over it with academics, taking feedback and criticism and incorporating a lot of it. Why is this report important enough to spend this kind of time on? Secularists don’t know a lot about their own community. Unlike Baptists or Catholics, we don’t have entire organizations dedicated to researching membership and developing programs to infect more people with religion. No one is asking what are secularists like. Are we same or different from the general population? How are we different from religionists and what happened when we left religion? What religions did we belong to before we left? How many religions did we try out before becoming secular? Are there any residual effects of religion after webecome secular? . . .
. . . While we could not answer all these questions, and may have not answered anydefinitively, the 14,500 people who participated in our survey gave us plenty of data to make some tentative conclusions about the secular community and secular sex. More research will always be needed, but we think this is a good start. Even if you are not interested in sex (which is hard to believe), you may still be interested in the many demographic facts we found. For example, there seems to have been a huge influx of new atheists coming from Christian Non-Denominational Churches.
It has to be another membership drive campaign technique.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2011, 09:53 AM
RE: Over ten thousand atheists surveyed???
Why would this be fake? It has always been religion's duty to make sex as sinful as possible. Just having sexual thoughts invokes a sea of guilt in the theist's brain. Sex is for procreation. Sex is only between a married man and his wife. Sex is not fun. Your nudity is a sin. You should be ashamed of your nudity.

I assume shedding all the stigmas of sex and enjoying it without imagining some dude in clouds watching you hump WOULD be more enjoyable.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
19-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Call me ignorant, but what would be the purpose of a survey like this?
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Its legit. Darrel Ray was on the Atheist Experience for an interview and later they linked his survey on their blog. He's doing demographics work, studying secularism.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
20-05-2011, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 10:13 AM by TrainWreck.)
(19-05-2011 11:24 AM)bird Wrote:  Call me ignorant, but what would be the purpose of a survey like this?
To encourage people to become atheists, because the sex is better.

(19-05-2011 02:26 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  Its legit. Darrel Ray was on the Atheist Experience for an interview and later they linked his survey on their blog. He's doing demographics work, studying secularism.
I am on the Internet, almost, every day looking for atheist stuff, I would expect to have read some threads about having been interviewed about the sex life of atheists - never came across any. i didn't know to participate.

. . . And the following is an example of why atheists would be predisposed to faking the survey to promote the membership drive . . .
(19-05-2011 09:53 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Why would this be fake? It has always been religion's duty to make sex as sinful as possible. Just having sexual thoughts invokes a sea of guilt in the theist's brain. Sex is for procreation. Sex is only between a married man and his wife. Sex is not fun. Your nudity is a sin. You should be ashamed of your nudity.

I assume shedding all the stigmas of sex and enjoying it without imagining some dude in clouds watching you hump WOULD be more enjoyable.
Our buddy here, Buddy Christ, is the typical atheist who has the typical atheist mind-set regarding sex and religion. Like most atheists he does not believe such a survey could be faked.
Except me, I am the superior critical thinking atheist, I believe religions' duty is to organize people - the morality toward sexual activity is to discourage problems that they were not able to handle any other way.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
20-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Must....resist....urge....to....move....thread....to....conspiracy.......theory.​.........section.

Nice to see you back Trainwreck. It's been a while since we heard some good old paranoid, self ritious ideas!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-05-2011, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2011 10:04 AM by Buddy Christ.)
(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Our buddy here, Buddy Christ, is the typical atheist who has the typical atheist mind-set regarding sex and religion. Like most atheists he does not believe such a survey could be faked.
Except me, I am the superior critical thinking atheist, I believe religions' duty is to organize people - the morality toward sexual activity is to discourage problems that they were not able to handle any other way.

I know by remembering previous posts and looking at your reputation that I shouldn't feed the trolls...

...but what the heck.

Christianity is based on the Bible, and what does the Bible tell us about sex?

-One of the first things in the Bible is Adam and Eve gaining the "knowledge" that being naked is a sin.

-A menstruating woman is sinful and unclean

-A man with damaged testicles in unclean and not allowed in the house of God

-In Romans it says Those who have sex without being married will burn in Hell

-All sex with anyone who isn't a heterosexual and of the same religion is wrong

-Churches promote abstinence and ban condom use, so all sex that isn't for procreation is wrong

-Any sex that isn't vaginal is wrong (no spicing things up on Friday nights)

-Jezebel was a whore and so she was beaten and trampled by horses

-In fact, the only time sex is mentioned in the Bible is when a woman (usually related) is tricking someone by raping them or right before a child is born (purely procreation)

-Sex is equated with the devil and temptation in America

Or we could talk about the Koran and sex, but one look at the RingWraiths (Nazgul) that make up the female population in Iraq should tell you everything

Here are a few Iraqi women featured in the movie Lord of the Rings.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwtGR1E_su_617QOTAoHZ...mp;amp;t=1]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
21-05-2011, 04:53 AM
(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Except me, I am the superior critical thinking atheist, I believe religions' duty is to organize people - the morality toward sexual activity is to discourage problems that they were not able to handle any other way.

Didn't you start a thread about a month ago saying that you were going to leave us alone? Or is that just my inferior intellect making stuff up again?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
21-05-2011, 06:54 AM
(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  To encourage people to become atheists, because the sex is better.

You're retarded.

(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am on the Internet, almost, every day looking for atheist stuff, I would expect to have read some threads about having been interviewed about the sex life of atheists - never came across any. i didn't know to participate.

Obviously you didn't look very hard. The Atheist Experience has, the CanadianAtheistCoalition has, and I'm sure if you look you'll find more, thats why we have this thing called a search engine

(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  . . . And the following is an example of why atheists would be predisposed to faking the survey to promote the membership drive . . .

You're retarded.

(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Our buddy here, Buddy Christ, is the typical atheist who has the typical atheist mind-set regarding sex and religion. Like most atheists he does not believe such a survey could be faked.

Define this "typical atheist mind-set".
When did he say it could never be faked?
Yes except you, clearly better educated, more civilized and rational.
And oppression was a part of early hebrew culture. What better way to keep someone in the palm of your hand than to control every aspect of their life, even what pleases them.

Everybody loves a trainwreck...

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
[+] 1 user Likes UnderTheMicroscope's post
22-05-2011, 09:49 AM
(21-05-2011 06:54 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  To encourage people to become atheists, because the sex is better.
You're retarded.
No, . . . it is quite a reasonable ploy. And it is working - the result is getting some mainstream media attention. this in turn will lead those closeted atheists to send some money to their local atheist organization.

(21-05-2011 06:54 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am on the Internet, almost, every day looking for atheist stuff, I would expect to have read some threads about having been interviewed about the sex life of atheists - never came across any. i didn't know to participate.
Obviously you didn't look very hard. The Atheist Experience has, the CanadianAtheistCoalition has, and I'm sure if you look you'll find more, thats why we have this thing called a search engine
What do you expect me to do? search "atheist sex survey?"

I would expect the mainstream atheist websites to promote the survey so people like me will notice the survey when we survey the mainstream atheist websites - I don't know how else the survey got 14,000 participants otherwise.

(21-05-2011 06:54 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Define this "typical atheist mind-set".
When did he say it could never be faked?
You and everyone else are confirming the typical mindset by not questioning the survey.

(21-05-2011 06:54 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Yes except you, clearly better educated, more civilized and rational.
And oppression was a part of early hebrew culture. What better way to keep someone in the palm of your hand than to control every aspect of their life, even what pleases them.
Sure things in the past were very unpleasant, but how else would you expect to handle all the ignorant people???

getting people to be, or do, what ever it is you believe people to be is very difficult, and atheists are a prime example of such a problem - atheists are not doing what they want the theists to do. Atheists do not trust other atheists, otherwise atheists would be promoting the campaign of atheist politicians, which is why atheists do not enter politics, and just whine about the theist politicians.