Poll: Do you believe the atheist sex survey is legitimate, or a ploy?
it's legit
yea, this is a scheme
[Show Results]

Over ten thousand atheists surveyed???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 02:29 PM
RE: Over ten thousand atheists surveyed???
Wow. Once you didn't get any responses to your arguments, you edited them to include the terms "wake up stupid."

TrollWreck troll is obvious, and will receive no more of my time. Good luck with your fishing.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 03:24 PM by TrainWreck.)
I win - I am the superior reasoner
You want to be proud that you understand their religion better then they do - don't you?
You think you're better than me, but you know I rammed reason up your ass, and you have nothing.
I think you are the troll - a stupid whiny-ass bitch troll, who cannot reason, and is of no use to the better evolution of Mankind. Let us know when you solve problems with your irrational reasoning.
(22-05-2011 06:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 03:36 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  And, you call me stupid.
Correct again
It's alright for you to call people names and not back it up with reason. But when somebody calls you names and backs it up, you get all offended.

How many times am I supposed to take it from you?

(23-05-2011 02:29 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  TrollWreck troll is obvious, and will receive no more of my time. Good luck with your fishing.

(22-05-2011 10:24 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Once again, you're retarded.

(22-05-2011 06:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 03:36 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I mean obviously that is how most atheists think
My troll radar is tingling again. Just come clean, who are you really? Is this ShockofGod?

(20-05-2011 11:14 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I know by remembering previous posts and looking at your reputation that I shouldn't feed the trolls...

(21-05-2011 06:54 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  You're retarded.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
23-05-2011, 03:17 PM
And why do you think we say that TrollWreck?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
23-05-2011, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 03:45 PM by TrainWreck.)
(23-05-2011 03:17 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  And why do you think we say that TrollWreck?
Because I will not compromise my reasoning, and that is an assault to your reasoning, which registers as illogic to you, because you have very little ability to think critically and independently. Which subsequently, assaults the fragile unwritten dogma that binds atheists to perpetuate some very erroneous ideas. If you want to be an independent and critical thinker you are going to have to give up all your organized activities: marriage, job, internet forums - very difficult to do, but I did it. All organized activities perpetuate ideology, and more than likely because classification has been so erroneous, the ideologies are all fucked-up, and we recognize it when we refer to the margin of human error.

. . . So you resort to name calling in an attempt to humiliate me into squelching my reasoning. But it does not work with me, because I know my reasoning is superior - I devised a classification system that proves it. But you do not understand that, because you were never taught that classification means anything other than, "go find the number."

And the problem of category error pops up, like when somebody says, ". . . If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color."

That is a straw man, category error, argument, because although bald is not a hair color, it is a hair style.

How long has that and the other such arguments been circulating and not been correctly dismissed, yet gathers popularity because it is so cute???

That is the shit that binds atheist together, cute little quips - erroneous anecdotes that foul-up other reason, just like how religion fouls-up reason.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
23-05-2011, 03:36 PM
(23-05-2011 03:33 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Because I will not compromise my reasoning, and that registers as an assault to your reasoning. Which subsequently, assaults the fragile unwritten dogma that binds atheists to perpetuate some very erroneous ideas. So you resort to name calling in an attempt to humiliate me into squelching my reasoning. But it does not work with me, because I know my reasoning is superior - I devised a classification system that proves it. But you do not understand that, because you were never taught that classification means anything other than, "go find the number."

And the problem of category error pops up, like when somebody says, ". . . If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color."

That is a straw man, category error, argument, because although bald is not a hair color it is a hair style.

I rest my case.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
24-05-2011, 11:12 AM
From your biography on your "classification" system:
"As much as I enjoy reviewing my biography, the overall analysis is just another loser's story; and I have to recognize that such was a struggle difficult to avoid, yet necessary for the preparation for what eventually I tasked myself to accomplish - the last independent critical thinker.

Anyway, I have ventured in the US Navy, as aviation ground crew for F-18 Hornets. I have cooked in fast foods, theme menus, and fine menus. I have hitch hiked, camped, and painted the finest landscapes of America - and it just keeps getting better and better."

What exactly qualifies you to classify anything other than food? People tend to listen to experts on such matters and not people who have tried to self-educate themselves on a topic. Experts review other experts in the peer-review realm to ensure accuracy and authenticity. Anyone can write a paper and come up with a seemingly feasible idea and anyone can create a blog, but the devil is in the details. Having a broad understanding of a topic (like how classification systems work) does not qualify someone as an expert on it. If that were true I would be an expert in engineering and mechanics since I used to work as a mechanic and was employed at an auto parts retail store. If I ever design a "perfect" engine I hope no one EVER takes it seriously or tries to use it.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-05-2011, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2011 12:37 PM by TrainWreck.)
Your question is somewhat naive, and probably not what you meant to ask, because everyone classifies information, just about all the time. The problem is, and what leads to category error in our discussions, is that there is no standardized system that we can use to compare how people classify information - such would serve as a diagnosis map of how people think by reviewing what information a person has placed. What I have done, that is so amazing, is that I have devised the system that is accurate to our sense of a scientific hierarchy of subjects - the standard of logic.

It does not matter if I have any background in classification, in fact, it is probably a tremendous advantage that I am not tainted with the erroneous assumption that Dewey and Putnam invented the only practical systems. The question you should be wondering about is why haven't any of the graduates of the library science discipline devised any classification systems over the past hundred and twenty years? Obviously, you are aware enough, to recognize that engineers, doctors, lawyers, and media producers have improved their products over the past hundred years; yet librarians (classification professionals) have not improved their product. And here we are with our computers and nobody but no classification systems to use to file information in a standardized form, which would be beneficial, if people understood what classification is, other than "go find the number."

Seemingly unbeknown to atheists is that the Dewey Decimal System is terribly biased to Christianity - the whole fucking 200 class is devoted to subdividing Christianity, it is essentially a Bible class curriculum guide. And your tax dollars pay for it. DUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - tiger blood

Even if my system is faulty, the least atheists should be doing, is soliciting the librarians to devise a less Christian biased system.

As much as atheists like to whine about Christianity being given special treatment in society, they have totally neglected to whine to the Christians to fix the library system, because obviously, atheists are just as stupid as the Christians, and do not understand that classification is related to ontology, which is related to the understanding of the existence of the supernatural - and maybe, you can guess what my system leads the practitioner to conclude, but I doubt it. I have done for the atheists what they need to begin the process of formally dismantling theism by reason, because classification is a map of reasoning, but you, peon Internet forum atheists, are not even interested, because you are just as stupid as the Christians, and all you want to do is circle-jerk about the Christians being stupid. And I am going to explain to the Christians that the atheists past this opportunity, because it will then eliminate the atheists' stupid arguments that Christianity has been the deterrent to science, because this situation will serve to indicate that atheists have neglected to promote a product of science that would serve the immediate betterment to society; where as the atheist like to argue that the Christian Church's censoring of scientific theories in the 1600's lead to the belated discovery of America and landing man on the Moon.

Quote:200 Religion
201 Philosophy of Christianity
202 Miscellany of Christianity
203 Dictionaries of Christianity
204 Special topics
205 Serial publications of Christianity
206 Organizations of Christianity
207 Education, research in Christianity
208 Kinds of persons in Christianity
209 History & geography of Christianity
210 Natural theology
211 Concepts of God
212 Existence, attributes of God
213 Creation
214 Theodicy
215 Science & religion
216 Good & evil
217 Not assigned or no longer used
218 Humankind
219 Not assigned or no longer used
220 Bible
221 Old Testament
222 Historical books of Old Testament
223 Poetic books of Old Testament
224 Prophetic books of Old Testament
225 New Testament
226 Gospels & Acts
227 Epistles
228 Revelation (Apocalypse)
229 Apocrypha & pseudepigrapha
230 Christian theology
231 God
232 Jesus Christ & his family
233 Humankind
234 Salvation (Soteriology) & grace
235 Spiritual beings
236 Eschatology
237 Not assigned or no longer used
238 Creeds & catechisms
239 Apologetics & polemics
240 Christian moral & devotional theology
241 Moral theology
242 Devotional literature
243 Evangelistic writings for individuals
244 Not assigned or no longer used
245 Texts of hymns
246 Use of art in Christianity
247 Church furnishings & articles
248 Christian experience, practice, life
249 Christian observances in family life
250 Christian orders & local church
251 Preaching (Homiletics)
252 Texts of sermons
253 Pastoral office (Pastoral theology)
254 Parish government & administration
255 Religious congregations & orders
256 Not assigned or no longer used
257 Not assigned or no longer used
258 Not assigned or no longer used
259 Activities of the local church
260 Christian social theology
261 Social theology
262 Ecclesiology
263 Times, places of religious observance
264 Public worship
265 Sacraments, other rites & acts
266 Missions
267 Associations for religious work
268 Religious education
269 Spiritual renewal
270 Christian church history
271 Religious orders in church history
272 Persecutions in church history
273 Heresies in church history
274 Christian church in Europe
275 Christian church in Asia
276 Christian church in Africa
277 Christian church in North America
278 Christian church in South America
279 Christian church in other areas
280 Christian denominations & sects
281 Early church & Eastern churches
282 Roman Catholic Church
283 Anglican churches
284 Protestants of Continental origin
285 Presbyterian, Reformed, Congregational
286 Baptist, Disciples of Christ, Adventist
287 Methodist & related churches
288 Not assigned or no longer used
289 Other denominations & sects
290 Other & comparative religions
291 Comparative religion
292 Classical (Greek & Roman) religion
293 Germanic religion
294 Religions of Indic origin
295 Zoroastrianism (Mazdaism, Parseeism)
296 Judaism
297 Islam & religions originating in it
298 Not assigned or no longer used
299 Other religions

24-05-2011, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2011 12:14 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
(24-05-2011 11:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Your question is somewhat naive, and probably not what you meant to ask, because everyone classifies information, just about all the time. The problem is, and what leads to category error in our discussions, is that there is no standardized system that we can use to compare how people classify information - it would serve as a map of how people think. What I have done, that is so amazing, is that I have devised a system that is accurate to our sense of a scientific hierarchy system of classification.

It does not matter if I have any background in classification, in fact, it is probably a tremendous advantage that I am not tainted with the erroneous assumption that Dewey and Putnam invented the only possible systems. The question you should be wondering about is why haven't any of the graduates of the library science discipline devised any classification systems over the past hundred and twenty years?

I actually meant to ask the question I did. That is the reason that I asked it. I do not listen to creationists/intelligent designers talk about biology because the information they present is false. So once again, what qualifies you to create a classification system for all knowledge?
Apparently I made a mistake...your classification system is not for all knowledge but for libraries. So you are saying that we (atheists) should be supporting a new library classification system and that will help improve society? And you are not qualified to produce such a system but have proposed one?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-05-2011, 12:43 PM
(23-05-2011 03:36 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  
(23-05-2011 03:33 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  That is a straw man, category error, argument, because although bald is not a hair color it is a hair style.
I rest my case.
You are so brilliant - I am in absolute awe.

I wish you could explain why atheism is not a religion, and why the Christians will argue that it is.

24-05-2011, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2011 12:52 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
religion according to Merriam-Webster (I assume since this is classified information you will accept it):
1 [noncount] : the belief in a god or in a group of gods
Many people turn to religion for comfort in a time of crisis.
2 : an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods [count]
There are many religions, such as Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism. Shinto is a religion that is unique to Japan. I think that children should be taught about different religions. [=faiths] It is against my religion [=my beliefs do not allow me] to drink alcohol. [noncount] They advocated for freedom of religion. [=the right to choose what religion to follow and to worship without interference] She no longer participates in organized religion. [=a belief system that has large numbers of followers and a set of rules that must be followed]
3 informal : an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group [count]
Hockey is a religion in Canada. Politics are a religion to him. [noncount] Where I live, high school football is religion. Food is religion in this house.

Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back

Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, faith, persuasion
Antonyms: atheism, godlessness

...so...yea. Not only does atheism not meet these definitions (except perhaps as the informal use) but it is even listed as an antonym. It is literally the opposite of religion. So if any Christian argues that it is then they are using the term informally. Some Christians even claim that Christianity is not a religion but is a "personal relationship with god." Atheism is a religion like football is a religion or like politics is a religion. Just because people identify themselves with a label does not mean they are instantly a religion. I am a San Fransisco 49ers fan...not a 49ers devout follower and worshiper.

—Thomas Henry Huxley