Over-under thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Over-under thread
You've had the thoughts, you know you have.

You see someone post in the intro section and you think to yourself, "How soon will this narrow-minded sheep last before the ban hammer leaves its mark?"

In gambling vernacular, there is something called the over-under. It's the number assigned to the total points scored before a specific game. And if you bet under, you are wagering the combined scores of the teams at the end of the contest will be less than this number. If you bet over, it obviously means you bet the score will be more than that number.

We should have an over-under thread that we can weigh-in on to guess how long we think a particular newbie will last before Moms erases them from existence.

Like, in my mind I thought, Celestial wouldn't last as long as he did, but I was not surprised at all by the recent departure speed of Billinial (or however you spell that).

So, who is next?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: Over-under thread
Idk - feels too painted bird. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
13-03-2017, 01:24 PM
I think we should give them a 5 post leeway before doing the betting thing. If they are a successive ass in all 5 posts, then let the games begin!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-03-2017, 01:51 PM
(13-03-2017 01:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You've had the thoughts, you know you have.

You see someone post in the intro section and you think to yourself, "How soon will this narrow-minded sheep last before the ban hammer leaves its mark?"

In gambling vernacular, there is something called the over-under. It's the number assigned to the total points scored before a specific game. And if you bet under, you are wagering the combined scores of the teams at the end of the contest will be less than this number. If you bet over, it obviously means you bet the score will be more than that number.

We should have an over-under thread that we can weigh-in on to guess how long we think a particular newbie will last before Moms erases them from existence.

Like, in my mind I thought, Celestial wouldn't last as long as he did, but I was not surprised at all by the recent departure speed of Billinial (or however you spell that).

So, who is next?

theBorg still boggles my mind that he has made it this far. I would have bet the under. My hope is he is gone soon!

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 3 users Like RearViewMirror's post
13-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Holy cow, I don't understand gambling. Over-under? What? Huh I feel dumb...
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post