Overcoming fear of death
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Overcoming fear of death
I didn't make my peace with inevitable death until I looked it in the face, a few times, in my 20s ... an angry husband who tried to murder me ... running into burning buildings for a living ... an auto accident ...

Don't get me wrong, I want to live a long life -- I'm 48 as of this writing -- and I want to be a grandfather, I want to see once more springtime bouncing happy on my knee ... but if my number comes up tomorrow, I'll go knowing that I've been the best man I can be, I've raised a fine son into the fullness of manhood, and that every day I've had was good or bad dependent mostly on me.

(18-06-2015 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why would you WANT to get over your fear of death?

Perhaps because indulging that fear can prevent one from living one's life? I don't reckon death is any better than playing for a tie, y'know?

Playing it safe is, well, playing it safe.

Illegitimi non carborundum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-06-2015, 06:54 AM
RE: Overcoming fear of death
(17-06-2015 11:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My niece is 28 months old. She wont remember me if I die now.

My dad's brother died at age 45. I was 4 years old. I had only met him when he was staying with us for a week when I was 3. I remember him clear as day - he was sweet and kind and would play with me by the hour. I even kind of recall what he looked like.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post