Overpopulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 05:49 AM
RE: Overpopulation
I think if you want to decrease population as government policy you better plan it. Relying on people to make life choices... not so intelligent. You might end up with less population but unless you make some kind of radical plan suddenly retirement will not be taken care of, a smaller working class will end up taking care of a huge population of older people who're unable to work...

I think population reduction is a good idea but it needs to be well thought out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 07:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-01-2017 12:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 07:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/au...n-disaster

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/world...0d129fa7a3

http://www.prb.org/Publications/Articles...cline.aspx

The sky isn't falling.

The earth is covered by 7.5 BILLION people.

And it's going up, every year.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

We'd be fine with 7.5 million worldwide.

Thank you, Your Majesty. Whatever you decide. Bowing
We've been waiting with baited breath for you to enlighten us poor fools on that.
We'll take it on faith that you worked out those numbers scrupulously and carefully and you know best. Bowing

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-01-2017, 09:38 AM
(28-01-2017 07:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The sky isn't falling.

The earth is covered by 7.5 BILLION people.

And it's going up, every year.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

We'd be fine with 7.5 million worldwide.

Thank you, Your Majesty. Whatever you decide. Bowing
We've been waiting with baited breath for you to enlighten us poor fools on that.
We'll take it on faith that you worked out those numbers scrupulously and carefully and you know best. Bowing

You got kids?????

They're the ones, and their kids - that are gonna be left holding the bag.......

But -- you can go right on thinking there's no problem...

"Go forth and multiply" -- have a fucking good time with that....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-01-2017, 09:43 AM
(28-01-2017 09:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 07:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thank you, Your Majesty. Whatever you decide. Bowing

You got kids?????

They're the ones, and their kids - that are gonna be left holding the bag.......

So the sky is falling. "The end is near". Right.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-01-2017, 09:45 AM
(28-01-2017 09:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 09:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You got kids?????

So the sky is falling. "The end is near". Right.

So you're saying global climate change is bullshit, huh???

What do you suppose is causing it????

Too many people, perhaps?????

Gee....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-01-2017, 09:50 AM
That's why God gave us nukes and Mars.

'Murican Canadian
28-01-2017, 10:40 AM
(28-01-2017 09:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 09:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So the sky is falling. "The end is near". Right.

So you're saying global climate change is bullshit, huh???

Gee....

Nice try.
I never said that.
Post 2 scientific references that global climate change is caused by "too many people".

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2017, 11:17 AM
(28-01-2017 10:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 09:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So you're saying global climate change is bullshit, huh???

Gee....

Nice try.
I never said that.
Post 2 scientific references that global climate change is caused by "too many people".

Facepalm

If human beings are the cause of global climate change - it's so damned obvious that LESS PEOPLE = LESS IMPACT - then you're being purposefully stupid..............

28-01-2017, 11:24 AM
(28-01-2017 04:24 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I am. So are about 7,000,000,000 other people.

Well, if you put it like that I'm inclined to agree. But let's be real, people are gonna fuck, and have kids. It's just what happens.

Education is definitely needed to curb people from having too many kids, especially if they can't afford them, but it's not productive to deride people just for doing what is natural.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-01-2017, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 12:29 PM by Kaneda.)
It seems like we're not much that different from bacteria in a Petrie dish. Left to our own devices, we'll migrate to more open spaces, multiply, and consume all available resources until we've topped off and then peter out or move out further still. Suburban California where I live is a prime example of this. I've seen my small town morph into a little L.A. in less than 20 years, and friends of mine are still playing Jackass with the global carrying capacity by popping out 3-4 kids because the capitalism's infinite growth model keeps getting propped up by insane and efficient technologies that let us push the earth and it's carrying capacity to its theoretical limits.

You just can't talk to anybody about planning more than two years ahead - well, you can talk to me because I'm pretty set on capping it at one kid - and nobody withheld prevailing mindset wants to reign in on their standard of living. This is why we seriously need to work to change the prevailing mindset/national conversation to convince people to accept controls on their nature, and even if we have to scare the shit out of some of them doing it. Otherwise, a handful of Capitalist fucks are going to introduce a "market" solution and we're going to see Soylent Green become a reality in the not-too-distant future.

Edit: I've never been big on war as a last-resort measure either. Nuclear or otherwise, there's way too much collateral damage and the reductions they bring are usually temporary. Plagues and pandemics on the other hand...

“We must, however, acknowledge, as it seems to me, that man with all his noble qualities... still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin.” ~Darwin