Overpopulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Overpopulation
(28-01-2017 11:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 10:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice try.
I never said that.
Post 2 scientific references that global climate change is caused by "too many people".

Facepalm

If human beings are the cause of global climate change - it's so damned obvious that LESS PEOPLE = LESS IMPACT - then you're being purposefully stupid..............

So you got nothing.
You have not demonstrated that the numbers of humans cause anything.
It's *what they do* that may cause change (CO-2 etc). Nothing is "obvious" except you have no science to back up your assertions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 12:28 PM
I got it. We just ban catholics and Mormons and anyone on a cable show based on the ridiculous amount of babies they can produce from having more than three kids. That alone should bring the population down to a sustainable number.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-01-2017, 01:31 PM
(28-01-2017 12:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Facepalm

If human beings are the cause of global climate change - it's so damned obvious that LESS PEOPLE = LESS IMPACT - then you're being purposefully stupid..............

So you got nothing.
It's *what they do* that may cause change (CO-2 etc). Nothing is "obvious" except you have no science to back up your assertions.

How long do you piss all over the toilet lid -- before you find a "scientific proof" that you need to put the lid up to take a leak??????

If there's a smaller group of people -- putting out the same amount of environmental contamination per person as a larger group of people --- which group do you think is going to make the greater environmental impact?????

You really "need the math" to figure out the blindingly obvious????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-01-2017, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 03:49 PM by Kaneda.)
I'd wager that even if 7 billion people on this earth disappeared and we stayed at 500 million, we'd still end up fucking ourselves over sooner or later. Like a gas expands to fill a container, the survivors would find a way to grow their carbon footprint if it was within their means. With less competition for resources folks would crawl over each other for beachfront property, utility-guzzling McMansions and individual private jets. With more available land, governments might feel free to resume nuclear testing, and military expenditures/adventurism would remain the same, or grow larger, as is the way of things. Any serious campaign to reduce the global population needs to be tied in with resource budgets and the conscious efforts of individuals to make do with less.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
28-01-2017, 03:05 PM
(28-01-2017 01:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you got nothing.

How long do you piss all over the toilet lid -- before you find a "scientific proof" that you need to put the lid up to take a leak??????

If there's a smaller group of people -- putting out the same amount of environmental contamination per person as a larger group of people --- which group do you think is going to make the greater environmental impact?????

Sorry to put this post here, I was gearing up to reply to your ridiculous argument, but my sister died last night unexpectedly, my head is up the creek now, I've been drinking today. She was 50 years old and worthy of her place on this planet, I am gutted, absolutely gutted.
28-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Actually studies have shown that the population is declining. Just more are sticking around. Baby boomers are dieing off. They where the ones that came from the famlys of 14 or more. Now the average in 1St &2nd world famlies has about 1-3 kids. 3rd world a lot more but they also have a larger mortality rate. As countries develope they are more likely not to want large families.

But as Americans go. Nothing can be done to stop a person from having a litter.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
28-01-2017, 03:50 PM
(28-01-2017 03:05 PM)Manic Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 01:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How long do you piss all over the toilet lid -- before you find a "scientific proof" that you need to put the lid up to take a leak??????

Sorry to put this post here, I was gearing up to reply to your ridiculous argument, but my sister died last night unexpectedly, my head is up the creek now, I've been drinking today. She was 50 years old and worthy of her place on this planet, I am gutted, absolutely gutted.

I'm so sorry mate sending you a big man hug Hug
28-01-2017, 05:07 PM
(27-01-2017 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 05:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Just try it - I'm armed. Angry

We'll poison your Poligrip.

Nyaa, nyaaa - I have all my own teeth. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-01-2017, 05:12 PM
(28-01-2017 03:05 PM)Manic Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 01:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How long do you piss all over the toilet lid -- before you find a "scientific proof" that you need to put the lid up to take a leak??????

Sorry to hear. Hope you're okay.
28-01-2017, 05:15 PM
(28-01-2017 12:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Facepalm

So you got nothing.

Seriously, Buckster?

With significantly fewer people, there would be significantly less industry.

Fewer consumers, less production.

Less industry, less pollution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user